Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

It`s raining Jeff. I do not know if you still the system is still in your area but it is in mine..the garden at least will be happy.

2 miles on treadmill (3.0 in speed)

2 miles on bike

I do not know if we are going today.

Ana, the largest of the three of us is going full throttle. She quit smoking cold turkey, she stopped drinking coffee (OMG!), and she has cut her food intake waaayyy down. She said she has lost 6 lbs already.

Good for her!

Most of that first weight loss is water weight. Drastically cutting food intake is normally a BAAAD idea if you're heavy, it'll mess with the metabolism BIG time, but if it takes her mind off of her nicotine cravings, who am I to judge?

Eye doctor appointment this AM, dry weather finally in the forecast. If DH doesn't decide to make us "run" all over the place on errands maybe we can take a walk when we get home.

Holly,

She is the type of person that goes ALL IN. I had a long insulin talk with my dr yesterday. He gave me an example of people that use insulin and then never have to anymore. Basically he was talking about people that have Gastric bypass. He said that a person that weighs 400 lbs would probably have to consume 6000 calories a day to maintain that weight. He was telling me this in the scheme of how the pancreas reacts to not having to work as hard anymore..etc.

Well, she has to weigh about 400lbs or close to it. From what she is telling us, she has probably doing something dangerous like cutting her calories to like 1000 or 800 a day.

I am all for losing weight but you have to do it the healthy way. Honestly, I think I have lost a lb since this started. One that has not waivered back and forth.

I need to up my cardio more so that I sweat more in the workouts.

I didn't have a chance to work out the last 3 days. Weekends are going to be hard. I think I'll count them as breaks and if I can great and if not I won't feel bad. It's already in the plans for today though.

Glad that you already have plans for today. And, yes, weekends can be very difficult as daytime routines are not the same. Regardless, keep the exercise up as often as you can, and don't feel bad about the days that it is impossible. We're still here to cheer you on! :)

Got my walk in today on a cold rainy day. DD said again that I HAD to go for a walk, so I went to the mailbox to pick up the mail. She also suggested that I have a cup of hot tea when I got home, so it is sitting right beside me.

I went to the gym this morning with Fred. He did his thing and I did mine. It was a nice change. 2 miles on each. Up to 3.2 on treadmill. If you want to know what that means..Running can be at like a 6. Really running is like a 9. A 1 would be like walking behind a slow family in the Mall.

Got my 30 minutes walking in, and have been active and running around the house all day cleaning - in between the spring fling. Feels a little hectic (hang load of laundry, glue, clean bathroom mirrors, paint, take out recycling, sand edges, etc.) but I am getting lots done, and I love those kinds of days.

I've had doubled/ blurred vision in my right eye for going on three days, so the eye appointment was a good chance to find out that it is, indeed, the indication that the cataract in that eye is growing. Bummer! The upside is that the day I had double vision in the left eye whilst on the Hike may mean that I'll be getting both eyes done at the same time, possibly this year. The down side is that right now I need my left eye to continue to work so I can do my mini needlework.

Anyway, in addition to having my first visual field test (which is a real treat!NOT) I had to have the right eye dilated, and it stayed that way for about eight hours. I have balance issues anyway, can we say vertigo? No walk today. I crashed for a 2+ hour nap after lunch, but I've been finishing up laundry since, so some stair running...

Heidi, you ware smart to avoid your destructive friend; she has definitely set herself up to fail!

Heidi, you ware smart to avoid your destructive friend; she has definitely set herself up to fail!

Yeah, I think one of the them is setting up to fail and the other is acting kind of...ummm. What do you call it when someone knows you are trying to change but keeps dangling the brownie in front of you face?

Fred is very surprised and happy that I have been going. I may not do it every single day but I have been going. I am starting to actually like it. I would much rather go with Fred. He is off on his side of the gym, I am on mine. No competition.

Fred is very surprised and happy that I have been going. I may not do it every single day but I have been going. I am starting to actually like it. I would much rather go with Fred. He is off on his side of the gym, I am on mine. No competition.

Glad to hear that you are starting to like going to the gym. Good for you! :( Keep it up, Heidi!

Got my walk in today as usual. Off to the dentist soon. :)

does all the repeated ladder climbing and stretching for painting the exterior of a house count? if so then i will have 2 days of that coming up tomorrow.

Definitely - just think of it like climbing up and down stairs all day long. As for the stretching to paint the house (RL house I assume, dh doesn't count LOL), you may want to consider doing a bit of simple stretches to your main muscles before you start just to warm them up.

I went again today. I decided I am a treadmill/bike person..this is besides all the upper/lower body equipment. I do not like the elliptical or the stair climber.

The endorphin rush was really good today. I was sweating like a ( insert your phrase here). Felt really good. I actually cannot wait to go tomorrow.

My FM pain is practically non existent and my CFS is no where to be found..I guess they were right when they said I had to ignore the beginning pain and agony of exercise to get to the cherry filling in the middle!

I went again today. I decided I am a treadmill/bike person..this is besides all the upper/lower body equipment. I do not like the elliptical or the stair climber.

The endorphin rush was really good today. I was sweating like a ( insert your phrase here). Felt really good. I actually cannot wait to go tomorrow.

My FM pain is practically non existent and my CFS is no where to be found..I guess they were right when they said I had to ignore the beginning pain and agony of exercise to get to the cherry filling in the middle!

Way to go, Heidi!

tomorrow is going to be nice so im gonna get to the park and try to get back into my 3mph routine from last year. that mixed with the painting i want to get done.

I have the double edged sword of having Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Exercise is actually good for FM but it is not good for CFS. So I was always kind of angry at my fate. I would try to get some sort of exercise in but I would be exhausted afterward for days.

After getting the sciatic pain, a switch was flipped. I told this to the Dr and he totally got what I meant. Diabetes did not do it. And all my other ailments didnt do it. It was THAT pain. There was no way on God`s green earth I was going to purposely let that ever happen again. If I just laid around to wait for it to happen, I would be a stupid a**. Sometimes it takes one thing to do it to you.

So I did not give up even though I did not want to some days. I have lost about 3 lbs that have not come back. I am eating less and I am smoking less (fred noticed both of these). I think at this rate I will cut down the cigs to a point that quitting cold turkey in the future will not be sooo bad.

I was sore when I woke up this morning but that is gone now. Waiting for Fred to wake up so we can go to the gym this morning. I am a bit shocked myself. ME? Liking exercise? Wanting to go? Feeling bad when I do not? Nah! Never happen. LOL

I want to go and buy some nicer clothes to wear. Just one outfit. Nothing fancy but something that is just for the gym.

Good for you, Heidi! Keep it up! We are all cheering for you :lol: :):)

It's a cold, wet, drizzlely morning here today, but I went for my walk as usual.

One thing I've started to notice that may just be coincidence, or maybe not, but on the days that I seem to be really tired for no apparent reason, it's usually the days I have had something really sweet. I have a really sweet tooth, and I've lately had a hard time not drinking a can of Coke everyday, and I just love sweet junk food. However, it seems that I feel very fatigued on those days - enough that I want to fall asleep at the dinner table, even if I have a nap during the day. I'm not diabetic and am not overweight, but it is just something I have noticed and am starting to pay attention to to see if there is indeed a pattern.