Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

That is so wonderful Traci! That's how I did it! I just added a little more every time! Heidi, Congratulations Dear and Jeffery..... WHERE is that sunscreen my friend?!! Painting a whole house counts as 20 workouts :o :yikes: Because this week is my recovery week, today I am only doing the stretching DVD Sounds simple huh?? It's NOT :banana: I can't wait to get back to doing some weights :rant: I go back to my regular routine next week.

I didn't go for a walk this morning because I had to work on finishing up the scrapbooks for DS#2's hockey team for the end-of-year party later today. Had to use the kids' printer, so I was up and down the stairs enough for my legs to say they worked harder than when I go for a walk!

Taking the kids to the party at the bowling alley later this afternoon. Back to walking tomorrow!

Running stairs in the house & steps in the trailer, I've been taking clothes back & forth and still stripping hot glue. Taking a walk tomorrow, since I don't see running stairs in my future again until Monday. I admire y'all who have treadmills to use. DH has a weight machine we both used until we retired & didn't have time for it any more. I wish there were someone who lived close that could come take it off our hands...

Everyone is doing so well.

Do not beat yourself about missing a day. Sometimes there are other things that are a priority over that. I did not go today and I probably wont go tomorrow. Too too nice out..I know it would only be a half hour or so out of my day but I want to bask in the sunshine. I want to sweat because I was digging in the dirt!

Do not beat yourself about missing a day. Sometimes there are other things that are a priority over that.

Don't worry, I wasn't beating myself up. I figured that going up and down the stairs what seemed like a zillion times was exercise enough! <_<

Got back from the after-party party with my two younger ones just after 1 am, so I didn't get to sleep until after 1:30 am. However, I was awake around 6:30 as usual. Waited for DS#2 to wake up so he could get his insulin, then went for a walk. Kind of chilly out and a few drops of rain, but it was a good walk - I decided to walk about three times the distance I usually walk and was gone almost 25 minutes at a decent pace (breathing harder, but not huffing and puffing). Now, the lack of sleep and the exercise are combining to make me sleepy.

Have a nap, Liza - you've earned it! <_< I'm sure the kids loved their hockey scrapbooks - what a thoughtful gift. :wub:

We had a terrific storm here yesterday - today it's still grey, chilly, and "spitting" rain. My bones have told me to do the stairs today, and not the outdoors!

Only slept about 45 minutes - not nearly enough.

And, yes, the kids liked the scrapbooks, but I think the parents appreciated them more as memories that the kids can pull out and look at in the years to come whenever they want to.

While waiting for DH to get home, I sat on the exercise bike (it's near the only downstairs window) and pedalled one mile in 3:38 minutes. So, I certainly got my exercise in today!

We're leaving for another nearly 2-week trip in the AM so I'm washing clothes and hauling loads of stuff out to the Little House on the Highway. If we ever do move to an assisted living facility all on one floor I think they'd better have a stair-stepper machne & a treadmill so we can get our daily workout!

Liza, you're going in leaps and bounds now! Good for you! :lol:

Holly - I can't imagine the Dynamic Duo moving into an assisted living facility - unless you were doing the assisting. :idiot:

I was up early as usual to give my daughter a ride to work, but no walk yet. It's a nice day out there, so will be going later, for sure.

Holly - I can't imagine the Dynamic Duo moving into an assisted living facility - unless you were doing the assisting.
:idiot: Me, either, except it dawned on us the other day that in a little over two years we're both going to be 70!

:idiot: Me, either, except it dawned on us the other day that in a little over two years we're both going to be 70!

Yah, so, what's your point? My FIL still lives on his own and he will be 82 at the end of July. No need to reserve your spaces for a long time yet!

No gym for me today. I do not have any partners..one went earlier, the other punked out. Plus my allergies are killing me today. I bought some relief and I am going to lay down and let it do it`s magic.

I will just make up for it during this week.

I'll be MIA for most of the next two weeks, we're attending DH's 50th HS reunion this next weekend, campling at state parks where we can paddle, hike & ride the tandem bike; see y'all when we get back.

...My FIL still lives on his own and he will be 82 at the end of July. No need to reserve your spaces for a long time yet!
Oh, there's always hope; there's also my family history; I've already long outlived both sets of parents & grandparents!

Have a great trip Holly!

Today I didn't exercise, but did spend 2 hours trying on clothes at Kohls. The kids didn't want to go, and since I didn't have anyone in a hurry to get me to leave, I took my time. Found some great deals, but I didn't go overboard, since I figured Mother's Day is just around the corner :idiot: . I did get 3 sweaters, 2 summer shirts, a pair of pants for myself, and a shirt and pants for DS. All for $35!!! Plus a $10 coupon to use in the next week! If you have a Kohls, check it out. I never knew they had such good clearance!

I did work out yesterday. I did 45 minutes on the treadmill and 5 minutes on the elliptical.

today i got up at 9 used the weight bench for an hour, then i put up 2 ceiling fans, and a sconce, moved furniture, took down shelving, made some returns at lowes. all in a hot hot apartment with no air conditioners (i think it was about 90 here today)

Jeff, do your ceiling fans have lights on them? While awaiting new orders after he decided West Point was not where he wanted to attend school DS#2 replaced all our ceiling fans and they all have light fixtures; and now that all we burn are CFLs, not only is our electric bill reasonable, but they burn a lot cooler than the old incandescents; so we don't run the fans or the a/c nearly as much.

yes the fans have lights but we had to get the cheapest ones since we needed 3 of them (20$ ea.) and we didnt realize that they bulb size in them was the small screw base. so we cant use CFLs in them and the small bulbs are really dim but we really only use the overhead lights for quick things, if we are spending time in a room we use table lamps anyway.

(i think it was about 90 here today)

I heard that you all down there were going to get some hot temps yesterday. That did not come up here to CT. It was in the upper 70s and the same for today.

Going to the gym today. Claritin worked it`s miracles.

Either I will go alone or go with them if they want to. I know I want to. I have to make up for missing yesterday! My booty is hurting. LOL That is a good thing. Those glut muscles are getting a real work out with me in the yard and at the gym.

So when I say my a** hurts..it is a good thing this time around..hahaha

I did a mile on the stationary bicycle in 3:15 minutes before going for my walk in the rain.

It was really warm here yesterday, up to 30oC with some humidity, which is about 86oF. Today is cooler and more seasonal.

I did go to the gym yesterday but I was just not feeling it. I guess when you are in a really really bad mood..even some form of exercise does not help.

But I plugged along and did a mile and half on treadmill. Still doing 3 miles an hour but now I have started raising the incline. So yeah..I was sweating big time. I did not do exercise bike. I truly was just not into it. I figured I would do the treadmill so that I actually DID something.

Donna was happy. She got her first bead of sweat on her forehead! LOL You may not think that is a big deal but she has not had that happen and she was happy. Makes her feel like she is doing something good. She says that her varicose veins do not hurt as much as they used to.

I gained back the 5 lbs but I did not eat it. I think it might have been water weight. BUT I think I have lost inches. I put on a pair of pants from last summer that were kinda snug last year..They fit perfectly! I will take inches over pounds right now.