Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

I gained back the 5 lbs but I did not eat it. I think it might have been water weight. BUT I think I have lost inches. I put on a pair of pants from last summer that were kinda snug last year..They fit perfectly! I will take inches over pounds right now.

That's the way to think - pounds will go up and down, but losing inches are a more permanent change for the better! Good for you!

I didn't go for a walk today, but did 1.5 miles on the exercise bike at home. Just didn't feel like going for a walk - too tied and too stressed out about everything going on with my MIL.

Heidi, it's inches you should be looking at anyway - muscle weighs more than fat, so you could increase the pounds because you're losing fat and gaining muscle! You just keep right on with what you're doing - it's working. :lol:

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the commitments and expectations I'm supposed to fulfill - I'm not sure if a walk is in the cards today. :banana:

Keep up the good work, Everyone - you're all very inspiring. :)

Today was supposed to be my off day to exercise but after a huge brunch of biscuits and gravy..I think I am going to go by myself. I will offer to go with Donna either way I think I am going.

walked 2 miles at 3 miles an hour on treadmill today. Sweaty and sore right now...Mom? What`s for dinner? I do not want to cook.

Come to my house, DH almost always makes supper once he gets home from work!

That's when I declare it's a yoyo night ... You're On Your Own. They manage. :lol:

We do that at least once a week, but call it 'make your own supper night'. Will have to remember to call it the yoyo night! :banana:

Jogged 50 minutes with the Wii fit this morning....shoulda stopped at 40. My knee aches, my leg aches, I'll have to wear that elastic thingy on my knee when I go to bed tonight so I don't twist it in my sleep and wake myself up.

The thing is, while I'm doing the running thing, I feel fine. If I had more time, I could have gone longer. I like to chase the dogs, those Wii Mii guides get on my nerves, always turning around and waving every few seconds. ....sometimes I wave to the little Miis who line the road, though.

I wish I could Wii in the basement. There's a Nordic trak and a stationary bike down there, but just putting on my earphones and listening to music doesn't get me to my "zone" anymore. When I'm not in the "zone" I get tired, I get bored, everything hurts, and I just don't want to do it anymore.

lol i love running with the wii fit but currently my mom is living in my grandmas basement so in order for me to use the fit at all i have to slide over a ceiling tile. 6 foot ceilings with a 6'3 grandson isnt the best situation.

Spent the day driving, running errands, transporting parents and children to various appts, etc. No time or energy left for walking. I'm hoping to get back on track soon!

You'll get back to it Rosalind. I have had the same sort of week. Only got in 20 minutes yesterday and 25 today.

Deana suggested I get into this topic. She was certainly right. Everyone is doing so well on here. I really enjoyed reading all of your replies.

I am joining this topic because my husband Steve had a heart attack on the 26th of March. The day he got out of the hospital (March 28th) we started walking. We began slow and over the last 34 days we have gotten so we can walk 1 1/2 miles in 30 minutes. He started Cardio Rehab on April 20th. We go Monday, Wednesday and Friday for one and a half hours. We do 30 minutes on the treadmill @ 2.7 miles an hour at a 3.0% grade, 6 minutes on a rowing machine and 3 minutes on an elliptical. We spend 35 minutes doing a weight circuit, 5 stations for arm and back muscles and 3 stations for leg and butt muscles. We do each one 10x. A few minutes here and there we stop so the nurses can take his blood pressure. He wears a portable heart monitor so they can keep track of his heart rate.

Cardiologist wants Steve to get his weight down to 170. We have changed his diet and eating habits. With us walking every day and exercising at rehab 3x a week he has gone from 199 to 191. He is 5'10" and 52 years old. I am 5'8 1/2", also 52 and I have gone from 174 to 166.2, and my goal is 135 or 140. Wish us luck, cuz the better we do, the stronger his heart will be.

lyn

Lyn,

Welcome to our mini-gang here - new people are always welcome. From the sound of it, you and Steve are doing everything right and just need to keep motivated. I'm sure you are both motivated by the desire to avoid another heart attack episode. Here we encourage one another with our exercise triumphs and encourage when there are trials. For me, posting daily reminds me that I need to move around every day, even if it is only a walk around the block, and this forum keeps me accountable to myself and to a promise I made to Rosalind a while ago. So, welcome aboard the exercise forum and keep up the good work! :p

Lyn, welcome to the thread! :(

It sounds like you have started off brilliantly - you have great incentive, and working as a team must help immensely. Bravo, and keep up the great work! :p

Welcome to the group Lyn.

Everyone is doing something different so it is kind of neat to see how all of us are progressing with this. Some are doing it everyday and some (like me) are doing it every other day. Remember, full on Spring cleaning and yard work counts as exercise to all of us! LOL

Did not go yesterday because we did two days in a row (Tuesday and Wednesday) so back on the saddle today. Ana has developed exercise rash so she will be out for a few days to let that heal before she joins us again.

Donna has lost 5lbs and she does not believe it..LOL

I am choosing to ignore the scale for now and just pay attention to how my clothes feel and how my face looks. I have always been one to lose weight in my face first. When someone mentions it to me, then I will know it is working.

Stayep up too late last night, so I kept falling asleep this morning. DD tucked me back into bed after she had breakfast :p ! Didn't really go back to sleep, but was way too tired to go for a walk or even eat anything. Well, I hauled myself out of bed a little while ago and did 2 miles on the exercise bike at a slower pace than usual, but that's fine with me. I still did something :( !

Way to go, Liza! I wish I had a machine at home that I could use - other than the washer and dryer, that is. :p

It was very windy and quite cool here today - I was out and about doing various errands all day, but no walk for me. :(

Just finished a 1-hour gentle yoga class at a new place that opened up near me. All classes this weekend are free, so a friend of mine and another person I know and I tried out the class. Teacher was very nice. Class was a bit difficult for me, but nothing unexpected. Now I have to decide if I want to do this every week or not...$?

Almost 2 miles on treadmill..1.78 And almost a mile on the bike... .85

I am whipped but not exhausted. We are going to have pizza for dinner tonite. I have been good all week waiting for this! I am going to only have two pieces..I know I was going to make Chicken wings but Nat reminded me about the pizza. We havent had pizza in quite awhile. I cannot even remember the last time i ordered it.

I am fluffy when it comes to details (brain fog) but if I really cannot remember..then it has been at least 2-3 months.

You guys are all doing so well! Congratulations! I walked around Missoula today while Doug was at his appointment. Probably did a couple of miles, then we went shopping, and came home. Tried to walk down the hill to Donna's house but spied a big black fuzzy object on the road and snuck back home like a coward.

We have a very big very black very aggressive black bear terrorizing this road! Anyway discretion is the better part I guess...so I came home and called her on the phone....