Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

That sounds like a great plan Heidi! I just got back from our Adidas outlet yesterday and got a pair of decently comfy sneaks, a new pair of exercise capris and a sport bra for $60. Outlet prices plus a special offer of $20 off a total purchase of $80. Not like outlet prices used to be, but I can't complain when it's so close!

I've managed to do three straight days of walking a 4 mile circuit with my iPod and 3 pound weights. I even jogged three songs tonight!! I love how the energy level slowly rises as you get in better shape. Who knows, Heidi, maybe your friends will be re-inspired by your persistence and results.

I got sidetracked by a huge to-do list. Every time I turned around there was something else that HAD to be done.

I'm sorta-kinda caught up with the worst of it, only a couple of sections of back yard garden to weed....gawd I hate clover, it grows faster than the perennials and chokes them out before the little things get really going.

I still have to spray the yard against mosquitoes, they've always loved me to death. My son takes after my father, they don't like him at all. The living room needs to be painted this week before the new furniture comes on Friday. I have to figure out a new blog entry, my mind has gone blank. I need to order more products, I don't know what to get. My short term memory is terrible. The last month or so I forget what I'm doing, and once for a moment where I was driving to. this would bother me more, except I've done this before. It happens when I've got too much on my mind, and my brain has been in overload for quite a while. Last night I woke up around 3:30, during a dream about having to add a new line of miniature paintings to NEM. At 4:30 I happened to wake up again. I was still dreaming the same dream. I need to take some ibuprofin tonight when I go to bed. I seem not to dream as much if I do.

Anyway, I did decide to restart my Wii-fit running and was shocked to see that it has been 3 weeks. I thought it was only 2.

I did a brisk Wii jog for 35 minutes. My knee and legs feel fine. I should go to the townhall and get a beach parking pass so I can do brisk walks along the shore road or in the sand or something. Last year I used to walk to the beach sometimes. It's 3 miles from my house to the far end of the beach road, so 6 miles altogether if I walk there. 1.9 just to get to the beach itself. I would be fine with it, except I have to start early, to get back before the sun makes me feel nauseous on the way home, and I'm not an early starter.

Too bad I don't live near you Heidi. I used to walk with DH a few years ago, but his legs are so long, I'd have to practically run to keep up with him, and he never even noticed, just complained if I didn't keep up.

That's no fun at all.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I have to get some more Outdoor Windex and wash the windows. There's so much brown crud on them from the sand they spread on the streets in winter, and they just finally swept it up. I hosed the ist floor ones with some a couple of weeks ago, and they look much better.

Graz,

Did you see the new exercise commercial for the Wii? It is called Wii Active.

I do not know if this will get them back in the gym. At this point, I really do not care. That may sound mean but that is how I feel. I decided ,after they totally ignored me on the question of when they were going, that I had to forget about them. I started this because of the sciatica (which is doing well) and because my doctor gave me 3 months to show improvement.

I think the fact that they are ignoring me, is making me more determined then ever to show real progress! If I show up more toned and thinner, it will be like..In You Face!

ok, I know I know. Still sounds mean. I am just tired of the cow pies. LOL

No walk for me today. I was so tired yesterday from the weekend that I ended up taking two naps yesterday! Today, I have to drive DD across town to her dr's appointment, which will also tire me out, so I am taking it easy this morning.

Nat wants to go today. LOL She is going to piece together a exercise outfit from what is in the house. She REALLY wants to go! I think we will go every day from now on when we drop Chelsea off at work. Then when school lets out on the 23rd, we will go in the mornings.

Oh gosh. Neighbor is cutting grass. I need to take my allergy pill now!

Oh yes, gardening is GREAT exercise, and definitely counts!

I did another another 4 miles circuit last night and managed to jog to four songs (ahem, of course, my jogging is more like a fast walk...)

Ok, so I may not have gone for a walk today, but I just finished planting flowers in the 3 beds and it took me almost 2 hours - that is definately my exercise for today! :o

Oh yes, gardening is GREAT exercise, and definitely counts!

I've been reading this thread and admiring the efforts of all of you. It's a great inspiration to get off my duff and movie around when I see y'all up and at it no matter what the aches and pains or RL obstacles. Bouquets to all! :congrats: <_< :o

I've been gardening and feeling the benefits of it. After an initial week or ten days of really sore muscles and joints, everything is beginning to loosen up and my energy is returning. I've lost a few pounds, but I'm counting that as a bonus, not a goal. I find I'm not reaching for chocolate as often as I was, and eating more salads (don't you love summer vegetables?).

My vow is to get up and out early every day and accomplish something in the garden. It's my personal "Small Steps" program. :p Thanks for encouraging me with your actions to keep with it.

Oh Kathie,

Thank you :congrats: !

We are here to encourage everyone to take small steps towards a healthier life, whether they post or not. This started as a suggestion/challenge between Shy Spirit and myself, but I am so happy to see how many other people have joined in. We just want to encourage everyone to take some time and move around a bit, and it seems to be working!

The words of encouragement we have received from you and others, as well as from each other, go a long way towards helping everyone keep on track as it is very easy to give up. So, all that I can say is 'thank you' again! Keep up your gardening!

And, yes, I got my walk in today.

Natalie and I went today.

We did a hodge podge of things.

Treadmill, bike, eliptical, and a bunch of weight machines. I am exercise brain deprived so this is about all I can say about it..LOL

Going to take a shower now and get ready to take her to her concert.

Cardio-rehab yesterday morning. Therapist decided to up Steve to 3.3 miles per hour at a 5.5% grade for 30 minutes. First time since we started exercising that he couldn't handle it. Had to cut the speed back to 3.0, even though he's been doing 3.2 for almost a week now. He said it was too fast for him. Guess he will stick with the 3.2. He can have it, I can't get up there! Kills my calf muscles. Guess I will be staying at 3.0 @ 5.5 for 30.

lyn

Did not Wii jog day before yesterday, had to go grocery shopping instead. Did Wii jog yesterday. Most likely will Wii jog today. Tough to Wii Jog on weekend mornings, my son usually wakes up early to watch auto races from some far off land or another.

Yesterday I also dragged the hose around the house to wash the windows with outdoor Windex, dragged the hose around to spray the big backyard with Cutter for mosquitoes (have to do front yard today as grass was not cut in front yesterday), and finished putting up the screens. I guess that should count for something.

All the spring cleaning definitely counts for something. That's what I'm doing this weekend - I have to reorganize the miniature room as the Spring Fling done Sprung and Flung everything all over the place. I literally have a pile of wood bits and shapes all over the floor. I tripped over it last night, but had to do the dance mat!! :yes:

Can't do anything today as I'm going to bingo with my grandmother and SIL tonight. I don't have the time very often, but my grandmother can't really drive at night anymore so if I can go, I give my aunt a break as her official taxi service. I wish I could do it more often, but if I went to bingo as often as my grandmother does I'd be broke! I don't know how she does it.

And tomorrow is the big day - wish me luck. I meet with everyone else to do the group weight loss challenge thingy. Ugh - we meet in the town park - talk about public humiliation! I'm dreading it... maybe I could find a big hat, some dark sunglasses and a wig. Hm....

Good luck Jen! I can just see a whole park full of people - incognito!

You guys are so inspiring still!

I "stepped" off the wagon a few weeks ago when my schedule got completely insane. I knew with the homeschool conference, 2 proms, writing DD's transcript to graduate, end of year tests, the Spring Fling deadline, new grandson to visit, etc. all in the same 2 week period, I would go crazy if I was also stressed about walking. So, I decided to let it slide for a while. I did well, I think. I walked a few times when I could, if I felt like it. I stayed so busy the rest of the time that I didn't have much time to think about it anyway.

Luckily, my eating on the run had more run than eat, so I maintained my weight in spite of some less than healthy choices. I did see a quick difference in muscle tone though. It's amazing how quickly you start falling apart without regular exercise!

I have been back to my treadmill for 8 days in a row now, with the exception of Tuesday when we went to DC, and yesterday, with 10 hours at Kings Dominion. Both of which included many miles of walking, so it's all good.

Anyway, good to be back, and thanks for sharing your dedication, it definitely inspired me to get back to it!

Well, I did do my Wii jog. It's weird how much my sides ache, I think they're called Latissimus dorsi, the muscles that run along your sides.

I barely made it through the first 10 minutes, I wanted to stop and take a nap, but after sitting down for a few minutes I started again. I had to stop after the next ten minutes, I was so hot and sleepy, but I started up again to finish the last 10 minutes. Then I crashed in the chair and took a rest.

I've lost a bit of weight, mostly water, I'm sure, so why do my clothes feel so tight? :music_band:

Gaining muscle mass?

I hope not. I do tend to put on muscle quickly, I think. DH has often said I'm strong for a woman.

Years ago he used to bug me saying I should do situps, although I kept pointing out that situps work the upper abdominals where I happened to look just fine, but, being ticked off I said fine, hot shot, I'll do sit ups. After 2 weeks of them I noticed I had a definite hard bulge in my upper abdominal area. Instead of looking like a woman with a tummy, I looked like I had a guy's beer belly.

I quit doing the situps and after a month or so the bulge went away and I began to look normal again.

My oldest son takes after me and my father, strongly built. Max is 6'4" and built like a tank. My other two kids take after my husband, lucky for them.

I stayed overnight at my mum's again - poor thing, she is feeling so ill and weak! I got a lot of running around with various errands and up and down stairs. Raced home (in the car - it's an hour's drive) to make it back in time to take Casey for her annual checkup and shots at the vet. I'm pretty tired now, so I think I got enough exercise in. :music_band:

Since I have been back on the crazy train of exercising, I have lost 5lbs. Yay me!

I have to say that the elliptical machine is a torture device from hell. My calves have not felt muscle pain like that in ages! OMG! But I will continue to use it because it will strengthen my leg muscles.

Natalie enjoys going and she is up for trying anything in there. I love it.

I am going to be doing some spring cleaning today so that will be my exercise.

Uuuuuugh. I am going to be so sore tomorrow. Because of the rain our first event was held in an area gym. It started okay (at least for me) with a run-at-your-own-pace jaunt around the parking lot. I didn't go nuts, just kept the jog/walk I normally do - and held that for the entire time.

I was kind of surprised, lots of people looked very similar to me. Some looked like they were already in fine shape and there were a few who I know this will be a great challenge for. One poor lady left in the middle on the floor workout - I think she felt like she had to push hard, when she should have been going at a more moderate level. I hope she doesn't get discouraged!!

My arms kill, but I was still okay to do my normal 4 mile circuit when I got home! I'm dreading the boot camp next Saturday though!! :)

Jen, this sounds like a great thing - I'd be too shy to take part, but it would be good to do something like this. Good for you!

I'm trying to catch up on laundry and odd jobs (like making a big fuss of my furbabies) around the house today, before I return to look after my Mum. She's still pretty weak from the flu and all the coughing is making her sides and back ache. She has earache too - no fun when you're all alone and sad already. My brother is going to drop in on her today. I'm going back tomorrow morning. I guess it's exercise, but I'd like to get back to the daily walks when I can.

I wish my daughter would accompany me like yours does, Heidi. :)