No Beacon Hill For Me

miniaturemaid

Im so upset

My other half promised me the best surprise ever for our 10 year anniversary which is comming up in a couple of weeks, i have been drooling over the Beacon Hill dollshouse which has been on the hobbys website and on my wishlist for ages so he ordered it yesterday as a big surprise but had a call today to say its been discontinued and they couldnt complete the order.....im so so upset ;) this is the house of houses and i have wanted one for so long. we live in the UK and ordering from anywhere else is out of the question due to shipping fees. I cant believe how they could still advertise something they dont have :lol: dont they know how excited we get over these houses.....He's so upset too because there isnt much else i want i know this sounds silly to those who dont appreciate this hobby but to me there's nothing else. Does anyone know of another shop in the uk that has these? :)

awwwwwwwwwwwww sorry for 'your loss' :)

i dont know of any places but i do understand your dissappointment...its the same here in Australia...we see greenleafs we pounce and buy them :lol:

I too would love to order from the states but the postage doubles the house price :(

How unethical to advertise something they dont have...grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hope you find another soon as its a fabulous house ;)

I am so sad for you truly. They should not advertise something if they have discontinued it. That is criminal! Especially for dollhouses! Perhaps you can find it elsewhere. Sorry for your loss, and feel I'm patting your shoulder as I type.

Rachel, I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you. Its absolutely aweful when someone lists something they dont have. These stores should really check their inventory once in a while and update their sites. Its rediculous. I know how disappointed you must be about this. I really hope that you are able to find it soon somewhere else. For petes sake, dont they have another Beacon Hill somewhere, anywhere in the entire UK?? This is so sad.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Rachel! I'd be devastated if that happened to me.

It's truly unethical to offer something for sale, that they don't have. Especially outside the US. It's hard enough as it is to find a Greenleaf house, let alone finding the model you want.

I know of a Dutch store that probably has one, but I suppose that doesn't help you. The Beacon Hill goes for 327 GBP (370 euro) here in Holland.

Rachel, I am so sorry to hear about this! You must be so disappointed!! Shipping to the UK from USA (especially for that house because of the weight & size of it) would be as much as the purchase of the house itself. Call (or email) Greenleaf and see if they have anyone who buys from them over in the UK maybe, there is one out there just waiting for you!

Thanks so much for all your responses....i truly am sad about this house. I just looked on the weblinks that a few of you sent through and :o omg postage is so expensive to the uk and we are not really in a position to do that, so i will just have to look around some more just wish me luck.

I dont know what the Uk dollshouse sites problem is with these kits they just dont do them the company we ordered from and were told the house was discontinued told my other half that when they sell all the stock left from greenleaf/corona they wont be re'stocking them, whats up with that :blink: ? I Think these kits are wonderful in allowing peoples ideas to just flow. So is this the end of the dollshouse hobby for me :( ?? I Love these kits and have a lot more enjoyment building them than the mdf front opening houses i find these really very boring the layouts inside dont inspire me as much. Im just going to keep looking :yikes: ..

Whoohoooo

I Cant believe what i got today.....no not the beacon hill unfortunately but my other half got me an Annabelle/pierce The jefferson and a cherrydale talk about over compensating :rofl: lol....im so happy i cant believe it. Im still dissapointed about the beacon hill but hey i got three other houses.....i love my other half dearly and no he's not up for grabs :) lol...

• Like 1

Congrats on a happy ending. I love my BH, but would be most please with the Pierce as well. It's an awesome house! Boy did your man ever over compensate for your loss! Do hug him from all of us. Who knows, the BH may still fall in your lap one day down the road, if it's meant to be.