Pre loved Beacon Hill

debra

There is a Beacon Hill up for auction (item # 190269653066) it is well loved, and I think the seller has no idea what she has for sale, going by the description she has given, she lists it as an ornament, YIKES, anyway it is well loved as you can see, and the interior is disasterous, BUT the cost of me getting one from the states is very high due to the cost of postage on top of the house price, even though the house price is reasonable, it is the postage that is the killer for us.

Any way my question is, it is going up and up in price and only has 3 days to go, I am wondering should I go for it, or not. What would be a resonable price to pay for it, I am prepared to pay a little more due to all the above reasons. Though I would still have to drive a long way to pick it up (at least 5 hours) But I dont mind the drive, and I do have to go that way anyways as that is where the other two houses I am getting are situated, Oh deary me what to do, I need help here ladies and gents lol.

Oh and if anyone else here on the forum is bidding tell me then I won't bid, as I DONT really need it lol, I would rather someone who dosn't have one get it, but if not, I can always make room for another one lol, as I have bashed mine into an almost unreacognisable state lol.

I proly just need you all to tell me to go for it lol. And give me reasons why I should buy it lol.

Cheers debra.

Edited by Minis On The Edge
to remove ebay link

I spose it depends on how much the price gets up to, I always leave my bidding till the last minute and sneak in under everyone else lol. And I have to weigh up the cost of buying a new one and getting it shipped from the states against buying this already built one that need rehabbing, I like the already built part lol. . Oh dear decisions decisions lol. :)

Cheers Debra.

Its a BEACON HILL. That alone is cause enough to buy it. Its actually a very nice looking house. I like the color scheme they chose. The inside needs work but it shouldnt be too difficult to do since the majority of the rooms in that house are pretty accessible. I think its missing a few windows or maybe its the picture but those can be easily replaced. I say go for it. If you know you cant buy a kit from the US, then this is your chance to have this wonderful mini mansion.

Rebecca, they won't ship it, and I cant buy them from a shop here in Australia, they dont sell the greenleaf houses here, and I already have one Beacon Hill lol, but have bashed it so much it looks like a different house lol.......................Oh dear, what to do lol.

Cheers Debra.

If I was close enough to pick it up, I would totally go for it.

I'd bid a pretty penny too because I love the outside of it. I even love the weathered look of the columns (intentional or not).

the inside just needs some sprucing - the construction looks good...I'd want to put in floors and trim. Otherwise, I like it.

I'm short on time - and ok, I'll admit it, LAZY - so a pre-owned Beacon Hill is my craigslist-dream.

5 hours is a long drive. But building and painting a BH would take a lot longer! lol!

I would go for it! You can't leave it with that silly woman who says it's an ornament!!

Pick the highest price you're willing to pay, do a 'snipe' bid and if you win - great. If not, then it's not meant to be!

Im willing to let you have my RL house here in the states so you can have all the greenleaf houses you want and I will move to Australia.

Does that sound ok? :wave:

Ok Rebecca, its a deal lol....:giggle:

I have decided to bid to about $300 As I have to drive that way to get my Pierce and Southern Mansion anyways. It still has two days to go, and Im starting to get excited lol, I will have my press bid finger at the ready lol, :wave:

I love bidding at the last minute, cause the bidders dont know where you came from lol.

I promise I will let you know how I go.

Cheers Debra.

I won it, I won it :xmas_tree: , lol, I bid last minute and got it for $350 about $400 US probably, now I just have to fugure out how to get it to me, she will help with the courier though. Yay another Beacon Hill, one can never have too many Beacon Hill houses hey ... Ok I think I have stopped shaking now lol. :wave:

Cheers Debra.

Congratulations. Debra, I'm doing a one-footed happy dance for you (fell downstairs yesterday, nothing's broken, but I wrecked my right pinkie toe, right shoulder & left wrist). You would have beaten yourself up over it if you hadn't got it. Happy rehabbing!

Thanks guys, actually it works out to about $300 US not $400, so I hope that is a good price for an already built Beacon Hill, anyway I am happy about it, so that is all that matters. Yippee still happy dancing here lol.

Cheers Debra.

YAY!!!! A newly Rescued dollhouse comes into the greenleaf forum family!

I'm so glad you got his house - I loved the outside - weathered columns and all...I would have jumped all over it if it had been on my craigslist - so glad it will be here wher we can all see it! CONGRATS!