Pre loved Beacon Hill

debra

Congrats Deb! That does sound like a good price to me considering you're in Oz. So when will you get it?

(Holly - I understand the klutz thing! You put a glass of water in front of me, I'll knock it over somehow!)

Talking about being a clutz, the other day If I dropped something once I dropped it 3 times, everything I picked up I dropped, most things I dropped 3 times, I was like it all day, mostly I am very good, but this was a particularly bad day lol.

Cheers Debra,

Oh I should have the house in about a week or so, will pay for it on payday (Thursday) and organise a courier after that. I promise there will be pics to see when I get it.

• 2 weeks later...

My Beacon Hill is on its way, It may arrive tomorrow, with hopefully my peirce and Southern Mansion as well, I will let you all know as soon as I have them all in my hot little hands lol, with lots of pictures of course lol. (They all had to be picked up by courier)

The Beacon Hill I have to re hab, and the Pierce I just have to finish putting it together, and the Dura craft Southern Mansion is still in the box.

But will let you know as soon as they arrive.

Oh I am so excited, my Christmas pressie to myself....:yes:

Cheers Debra.

lol Holly, it is now 11.30 pm, and I am off to bed, so I can be up bright and early for the delivery, (I hope they come tomorrow) and I will certainly post pics of them all, I am going to start a blog for the rehab of the Beacon Hill, I am going to use all my good stuff I have saved up in it, no expense spared I say.

Oh I cant wait, its like Christmas a couple of days early for me. lol.

Hmmmmmmm I wonder if I should wrap them and put them under the tree.... :yes:

Cheers Debra.

Its here, I have the Beacon Hill here Now. It is really well built, but the paint job is a bit ordinary, looks like it was done by a child lol.

A few pieces came off in transit, but nothing that cant be glued back on, there are a few bits of wood and trim that will need replacing, and the floors have some type of felt stuff stuck on them, and I mean stuck, any ideas, luckily the walls have not ever been papered, so no wall paper to remove yay.

I will sit and look at it today and let it talk to me, as I have no idea what colour it wants to be yet.

Does anyone have ideas on how to get the floor fabric off, should I soak it in something or just try to peel and scrape it off, it is like real life kitchen carpet, you know that real coarse stuff, a bit like steel wool lol, I hope you know what I mean lol.

Oh I will put some pics in my gallery later for you. When my batteries recharge.

Will let you know when the pierce and the Southern Mansion arrive too. How exciting 3 houses in one day, omg it must be Christmas :yes:

Cheers Debra.

I suppose removing the fabric will depend on what it was stuck down with. Warm water with white vinegar does a pretty god job of unsticking tacky glue, so unless it's obvious great globs of hot glue that might be a place to start. I have been known to use a steel putty knife and a hammer, too...

I suppose removing the fabric will depend on what it was stuck down with. Warm water with white vinegar does a pretty god job of unsticking tacky glue, so unless it's obvious great globs of hot glue that might be a place to start. I have been known to use a steel putty knife and a hammer, too...

:o :blink: :groucho: YIKES

Im not touching it till it has talked to me lol, it is being very quite, proly cause I am sitting with my back to it lol.

I know eventually it will not be quite , they tend to do that don't they....:)

Cheers Debra.

Just wait'll it sees you coming at it with the scraping tools and the soaking liquid, it'll either purr in anticipation of go all jabbery with excitement/ fear...

:groucho:

Cheers Debra.

Congratulations on winning the Beacon Hill! And you're getting two other houses at the same time - all I can say is congrats again, have tons of fun, and keep us posted with pictures!

P.S. Oh, I wish it were me. Then again, building my dh is teaching me to have lots of patience, and the shell isn't even completed yet!

I have put pics in my gallery of my rescued Beacon Hill, lots of pics sorry I know how you all like pics though lol. At least I will have good pics of before and after of all the rooms and the damaged areas outside the house as well.

Cheers Debra.

I'm glad you posted so many pictures- I really enjoyed the 'walk' through your new house! :no:

You're right, such a piece of luck that the interior was never wallpapered. Once you deal with the floorcoverings, it will be a blank slate!!