Hi from Alberta Canada!

Sebrena

Hi everyone!

I'm Sarah and new to the dh world. I am eagerly inhaling any and everything I can find about building/decorating dh. My kids are ready to mutiny and disconnect the modem cable from the back of the computer :lol:

For a few years now I have been looking to find a hobby that would allow me to build things, paint, show off my creative side and not be "cheesy" when it was done. I had seen dollhouses before and thought that dh might be a good hobby, but then the business of living would take over again...

When I saw the CSI episodes with the miniatures, I realized that building and creating these masterpieces would be something I would love.

So now, I am trying to choose which dollhouse will be my first. I can't be the only one who has struggled and lamented and gone back and forth.... am I? <grin> At first I thought I would get the Coventry.... then it was the Arthur...then I thought maybe a Brookwood. Now it is a 3 way tie between the Westville, Coventry and Glencroft.

If money were no object I would get all 3 and probably work on all 3 at once... LOL - BUT since money is a little tight right now I am only getting one :evil:

I can't wait to get started! I tend to be more of a lurker in forums, but I am hoping to get to my local Miniature group when I secure transportation to the meetings (waving to fellow Edmontonians :) )

Anyhow, this is me! See you in the mini world :giggle:

Sarah

Hi, Sarah! Welcome on board! This is the right place to go if you are interested in going "mini crazy". None of us ever seem to have enough houses, and you would probably be shocked if you knew how many some of us actually do have! Don't worry, though . . . you'll catch up soon enough! We all got a big kick out of the miniatures on CSI too!!!

Hi and welcome. I live in Edmonton as well. Any of the three dollhouses that you've mentioned would be beautiful. When you get a minute, check through our gallery and you can see how some of our members have finished these dollhouses.

Looking forward to chatting.

-Susanne

Hello and Welcome! :) You need to know that once you start this hobby you can never stop, it's an addiction! :D With every project it's so cool to see how you improve and the more you do the more ideas will come easily to you. I hope you love it!! Looking forward to hearing about your first house.

Hi Sarah, and welcome! The CSI miniatures storyline was a favourite here, that's for sure. I love all of the "picks" you've mentioned - I look forward to hearing and hopefully seeing your progress with whichever dollhouse you choose. Please ask whatever questions you have - there is no such thing as a dumb question (except maybe, the ones you DON'T ask). :D People here just love to help out with info, tips, support, and a good laugh every now and then. You will love it here. :)

Thank you all for your warm welcome! It is exciting to find others who "get" my excitement. I can't wait to get started on the dh. I will be getting it from my kids for Xmas. Just a quick question for all the Canadians out there; where do you buy your kits? Do you get them from Cdn. suppliers or order directly from Greenleaf? Thanks!

Sarah

Hi and welcome the boroke wood is a limited re realase, so i would go for that, Easy now hard later to get. There is a couple of places in Edmonton to buy kits, You can try hobby wholesale, lyns miniatures in west ed has some rgt ones, and look at dollarama for supplies and other goodies, I to am from Edmonton. :wave: If you want a list of places i shop online pm me,I frequent sites with reasonable shipping and good customer service. :wave:

I seldom buy miniatures this side of the border. I get them from the U.S. for a better price (even with shipping and customs duty taken into consideration). Most Miniature Shops are very good to deal with. Greenleaf are the very best.

For dollhouses, I've only ordered through Greenleaf or HBS Miniatures (HBS has some great sales).

-Susanne

• 2 weeks later...