Honest opinions wanted please

keinanna

I made my first flower arrangement but i am not sure about it does it look ok? I dont know if i like it or not. The flowers are made out of a clay like modelling compound like playdough almost but that dry better than playdough. The bowl is made out of a pop bottle lid covered in clay. It is a cheap solution for having flowers in my daughters house but i am undecided if i will make more or not since i just dont know how i feel about them.

post-3185-1216279710.jpg

post-3185-1216279718_thumb.jpg

Candace, we're always hypercritical of our own work. Your flowers turned out very pretty and appropriate for the medium (I wondered how the Play Dough-like clay would work for mini flowers). Keep playing with it to make other flowers & other items. Did you color the clay first, or paint the flowers afterwards? I think your idea for the bowl was really clever, too.

Fabulous looking flowers Candace! Very creative and the colors are lovely. The idea of the bottle cap covered in the clay is very creative as well, one would never know it! Beautiful job! Make more!

Candace, we're always hypercritical of our own work. Your flowers turned out very pretty and appropriate for the medium (I wondered how the Play Dough-like clay would work for mini flowers). Keep playing with it to make other flowers & other items. Did you color the clay first, or paint the flowers afterwards? I think your idea for the bowl was really clever, too.

I bought red, blue, yellow and white clay stuff and mixed the colours. They blend really well this stuff is not supossed to stick to your fingers but i occasionally have some problems with it overall it works pretty well.

Thanks for all the kind comments it really is hard to be happy with things i make sometimes. I am so bad at trashing projects entirely if i dont like them. The encouragement here helps me not to do that at times :lol:

Oh they are so lovely and the little pot is just adorable! Personally? I think you should keep making them. If this is your first attempt (WOW!) just imagine what you could do!

For making the roses i did find help with watching this video

A lot of the flowers are just sort of improvised. I use This stuff to do all my modelling. It is very soft kind of like playdough in texture so it is somewhat easy to work with. I find it does stick to my fingers a bit when i try to make really thin pieces but that sometimes makes interesting tears in the petals making the flowers that much more unique. Mostly i just use my fingers but have also used tweezers for holding and placing really delicate flowers (i use the ones i had for plucking my eyebrows since i never do it) Then sometimes also use the sharp point on my utility knife to add details.

I also bought some flower stamens basically a little bead on a stick from a craft store to model around but have also used sewing pins with the large beaded heads on them for this purpose as well.

I hope this helps I cant wait to see what you come up with. Its really not as hard as it looks. But it is time consuming as long as you have some patience you will be fine :lol: