Spring Fling Judging Update

I'm sorry to report that the results from our Spring Fling contest will be delayed until noon on Friday, June 6th. As it stands, there is a twelve place tie for first place! The judges have requested this additional time to continue their review process and I have no choice but to oblige. I would like to blame this on a conspiracy to sit around eating donuts all day staring at a computer, but I know that's not true. Your entries are really that good!

I hope you will excuse this slight delay. Even though we are within the original target of the first week in June, I'm as anxious as you to see who the winner will be!

Thanks for your understanding!

Dean

Dean, please give my condolences to the judging team! I know I could never decide which entry would be the winner, they were all so awesome! If I could I would send them large amounts of chocolate and caffeine! :)

Oy, oy... but I can see why when I look at all the entries, they are soooo gorgeous and I have a few favourites as well.... Can't be an easy task to deal with Dean but I know the winner will be more than overjoyed!!!!

Hugs

I would like to blame this on a conspiracy to sit around eating donuts all day staring at a computer, but I know that's not true. Your entries are really that good!

Would it help if we overnighted 4 dozen boxes of Krispy Kremes and 8 cases of Jolt soda? :)

Poor judges. I don't know how they're going to be able to choose from all the fantastic entries. That's a really tough job.

Deb

Mmmm, if the doughnuts are Krispy Kremes, I can surely understand why they'd want to spend more time deciding.

Meanwhile, we're enjoying some incredible eye candy. It is great to see so many variances on this workshop kit.

-Susanne

makes the anticipation last a little longer. For me it will last a really long time, we are leaving for a cruise to Alaska on June 4.
I'm sure the cruise has Net access!
It'll laast a REALLY long time for us, we're leaving June 2 for two months (or so) and the campgrounds we stay in have names that end in "State Park" or "National Park" and many don't have electric or water hookups (we got a generator for the new camper), much less internet! Oh, well, I still don't see how the judges could choose just one, they may have to resort to a drawing, or toss the top 12 into the air at the top of a vlight of steps and pick the winneers that way...

Way to go, mini crafters! With all of the talent gathered here, is anyone surprised at the first-place log jam? This is no time to rush a decision!! My hat's off to the judging team members -- after looking at the sneak peak slide show, I can understand their dilemma!

Soooo happy for the sneak peek photos, it runs as a slideshow in the background when I sit down at the puter so I am enjoying that immensly!

It will be neat to get to know who wins on Friday though as that is our "Flag's Day" in lack of better translation, (like 4th of July over in the US) so it will certainly be a day to enjoy to celebrate with the lucky winners as well as the rest of us who have been having fun building this little gem of a kit!

Hugs

I loved building this kit, it was so much fun. Easy, simple, quick to put together. About the only thing Greenleaf could do to make it better would be to devise some kind of hinge system for the doors (that would be a great addition to any of the kits). It's one of the things I like about the Dura-Craft kits, the kits come with opening doors (even if some of the doors just have a wood peg that sticks up and fits into a hole in the door frame.)

Good luck to all the entrys. You're all winners in my book. All the entries look great!

Twill tape makes nice hinges, so do strips of chamois.

I used the leather straps from an old purse to make hinges for the door of the spring fling. Glue them tightly behind the trim. Works like a charm. :wave: