Hiya from NJ

Hello. I've been lurking around here for the past few weeks and figured it was about time to join up. Im actually trying to build a dollhouse from my own design, still in the planning stages though. So I'm just warning everyone that I may be asking a lot of questions once it I actually get building. Besides the little shoebox dollhouses that i made as a kid(which never really lasted that long) this will be my first one. I have one that my parents built for me when I was younger and to this day I still absolutely love it.

Welcome, Jackie, I would also be interested to see what your scratch-build will look like. After my second kit, and before I discovered the Greenleaf & Corona Concepts kits I modified and began to draft plans for a 1:12 version of one of Gustav Stickley's Craftsman Bungalows that I hope to build one day.

Hi Jackie,

So glad you are here. You will find the nicest, most helpful people on these forums. Be sure and put up pictures (after you post 5 times) so we can see your project as it comes to life. Are you thinking about who will "live" in your house?

Hey Jackie, welcome aboard! I live in NJ too, where in the state do you live? I'm in Hawthorne in the northeast part of the state, about 30 west of NYC

Welcome, Jackie! We're all dying to see what you have planned for a scratch build. I love to bash but I've not been brave enough to start completely from scratch. You'll get a lot of info from these great members. I could never have achieved what I have without their help! Then you start sharing with others once you get the hang of it. It's a great system.

Thank you for all the welcomes. Im from the Freehold area in Monmouth county. Im actually trying to make a house based on one of the houses from the Lord of the Rings. Ive always loved the elves and after seeing an amazing house based on Frodo's house I wanted to see if anyone had ever made any for the elves. I couldnt find any so decided to try to make one myself. Once I get the 5 posts in I'll make sure to take pictures of my plans to show everyone.

• 1 month later...