What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Just relaxing today after a long day at the hospital yesterday. They ended up doing my angiogram by numbing my groin instead of using anesthesia (long story), but they decided that since I have so far to go to the hosptital, the doctor would call me instead of making me come back for a follow up appointment. YAY, Dr. Kim!

Driving around the Sound, it's about 140 to 150 miles round trip, wear and tear on the car, gas, the bridge toll, and the parking fee. Going by ferry it costs me $17.30 each way, plus $20 parking. I hate Seattle.

• Like 3

Wow! That makes my $80/mo commute sound cheap in comparison. Glad your doctor is taking your situation into consideration.

One of my good friends is coming over tonight and we'll probably have wine, giggle and get into who-knows-what. Then tomorrow, it's back to work on the Primrose. :ohyeah:

Driving around the Sound, it's about 140 to 150 miles round trip, wear and tear on the car, gas, the bridge toll, and the parking fee. Going by ferry it costs me $17.30 each way, plus $20 parking. I hate Seattle.

Isn't it funny, Kelly, how those of who live here on the west coast hate Seattle?  We had some company a few weeks ago who stayed first with friends in Shelton, and then were coming to our place. They asked if we'd like to go to Pike's Place Market with them.  We declined!  Fortunately they were in tourist mode so they didn't mind going alone, but I started thinking of the ferry expense, the traffic, the parking nightmare, the expense of even the simplest things - and had absolutely no desire to join them!  

Well, I have had a couple weeks off from work, and have been making some progress on my Appleby Cottage, but have been working mostly on my RL house - the long-overdue cleaning out of cupboards and closets. :(   I go back to work on Thursday, starting the first County Fair of the season with a very long commute.  And yesterday I started getting a toothache!  Haven't got time to go to a dentist so I'm popping Tylenol and hoping it will be okay soon.   

I don't know how anyone can afford to commute from here to Seattle. When I was commuting, I was paying for a monthly ticket for the bus on this side to get me to the ferry or driving to the ferry and paying a monthly fee to park my car, besides the monthly ferry fees.Then it was the bus fare on the other side to get to where I was going in Seattle after I got off the ferry. And all that gave me was a 30 hour commute on top of the forty hours I worked. I wish they'd take the land on south Bainbridge Island and build a bridge there and a road leading from Bremerton straight to the BI ferry. So much easier.

Doctor hasn't called yet, but I don't see any reason to worry about it. I'm feeling fine. I am mad because the Nair I put on two days ago that promises smooth legs for weeks seems to be failing or I just have stubborn leg hair. I already have stubble growing back.

Doctor hasn't called yet, but I don't see any reason to worry about it. I'm feeling fine.

I am mad because the Nair I put on two days ago that promises smooth legs for weeks seems to be failing or I just have stubborn leg hair. I already have stubble growing back.

No news is good news right? I'm sure of it.

Well, hope this will cheer you up about the leg hair. When you get old, a side benefit of the aging process is less and less hair as you go. It's one old lady perk I actually like!

• Like 2

Fingers crossed here Kely!

Been out and about running errands and doing the grocery shopping, good to have that done! Took the long "run" as in going to the craft ahop and stocked up on clay so that will last a while now. Hoping to be able to do some clay work in the lighthpuse cellar tomorrow at the latest.

Hugs

After walking an average of 6 miles per day while we were in Europe, I noticed how tone my muscles had become. After sitting on a couch since we got home, I've noticed how quickly I've lost the muscle tone. It's just too hot here in Florida to walk outside, in the summer. So, my husband and I have now become Mall Walkers. Two laps around our local mall is 1.2 miles.

• Like 2

No news is good news right? I'm sure of it.

Well, hope this will cheer you up about the leg hair. When you get old, a side benefit of the aging process is less and less hair as you go. It's one old lady perk I actually like!

:roflmao: True dat!  Of course it's harder to reach too....and now with glasses, I could have gorilla legs and not know it....LOL!

• Like 1

So glad you're doing okay Kelly!  It must have been an interesting experience to be awake for an angioplasty.  Bruce got to be awake for one of his stents and said that it tickled when the lines were going thru so he was laying there giggling.  His cardiologist told me that it was hard not to start laughing along with him.  It's nice that they had a good time.  LOL!  

I asked my dr if shaving my legs counted as doing yoga but she said no.  <sigh>  

Sable, my MIL credits Mall Walking for helping her lose 80 lbs so there's definitely something to be said for it!!  I do small scale walking inside the house.  Our downstairs is an open floor plan so I can actually do laps in the circle of open rooms surrounding the inner stairs.  It's not far and it's not much, but it's a start and I'm grateful for what I can do. I can do it several times a day, I don't have to worry about falling and there's always a place to sit down if my muscles give up without warning.  I used to walk 5 or 6 miles a day and it's something I seriously miss.  We have a treadmill but there must be a different way of walking on those things because it starts muscle spasms and regular walking doesn't.  So I confuse the cats by walking in circles several times a day.  

• Like 2

This was a cerebral angiogram. They run a tube up through the artery into the neck, and then shoot ink into the neck and head. That was the absolute weirdest feeling. It felt as if I were going to faint. I saw a bunch of little stars, I got lightheaded and I just sort of floated for a minute. Yeah, I'm one of those squares that never did drugs, either. So, new experience for me.

Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone, but I already knew everything was OK. They told me before I left. The phone call was just going to be a followup to the angiogram. But I am already off the Plavix and the sucky Ranitidine for acid reflex and now back on my Prilosec. Yesterday was the first day in 6 months I didn't have acid reflux. WOOHOOHOO!

Selkie, the only place I'm noticing that I have less and less hair is on my head. I actually think I have a bald spot up there. But as for my legs, one of these days I'm going to grow it all out and use it to knit a scarf, like they do with dog hair. There certainly seems to be enough there. I hate to say it but if my age is any indication right now, I'll be dead of old age before I get to enjoy those legs with no hair on them. I bet when I'm in the coffin, they'll have to give me a Nair job just so I'm presentable for my funeral. And you wonder why they don't bury people naked.

I oughta put that I want to be buried naked in my will, just to see what happens. Oh....wait........

• Like 1

Deb, that's good, but a word of warning: don't let the mailman catch you running round in circles. It's really embarrassing. And I'll tell you what's worse than not being able to see your leg hair: not to be able to see the incision in your groin. That's because 1) I'm fat and 2) my big girls keep getting in the way.  And of course, there's enough iodine there to paint a barn (and the doctor probably thinks he did). Anyway, they want me to keep an eye on the incision, but the best I can do is hope it heals and go by whether it's hurting or not. It isn't.

We went ahead and filled the scrip for the pain med after my procedure two weeks ago, but I never needed it.  This morning I go back to the hospital for my first pacer check up with the St Jude tech.  Now that the edema around the incision site is going down I can tell the new battery/ computer pack is MUCH smaller than the one they replaced.  All my steristrips are still firmly attached to my skin.  Does anyone else have issues with adhesives bonding to their skin?  I'm sure they'll pop loose eventually...

• Like 1

Will keep fingers crossed for a good follow up Holly. As for the adhesive and tape, yep, and also when I eventually do get rid of it I tend to get red itchy blotches from it as well.

Hugs

Hilarious! :rofl: Guys just don't get how tough it can be to be a woman. Yes, I have a big chest, and I'm big all over, and I have hairy legs, when I don't shave them often. Unfortunately, one of the companies stopped making the kind of wax I liked; I can't use chemicals at ALL, as they cause a respiratory reaction, and I hate shaving, because the stubble grows back so sharp (very sensitive skin here). Still looking for a new solution. Maybe laser hair removal in the future? Oh wait...I can use that money for minis!

• Like 1

Cynthia, I had the same issues so I switched to an epilator.  It took a little getting used to and I had some irritation, but it was definitely worth it. I also let go of having to get every single hair. As long as it isn't long and curling, I don't notice on other women so I figure no one notices on me.

Grocery shopping is on the list for today, but I'm hoping to have time for a little Minion photo shoot :lol:

• Like 1

L and I are still battling night fevers and congestion. Doc says allergies, use Flonase and Claritin and ride it out. It has prevented us from traveling to Houston, where L's sister is dying. Yesterday the doctor said 2-3 days. Needless to say, life is a bit somber here at the moment.

Hilarious! :rofl: Guys just don't get how tough it can be to be a woman. Yes, I have a big chest, and I'm big all over, and I have hairy legs, when I don't shave them often. Unfortunately, one of the companies stopped making the kind of wax I liked; I can't use chemicals at ALL, as they cause a respiratory reaction, and I hate shaving, because the stubble grows back so sharp (very sensitive skin here). Still looking for a new solution. Maybe laser hair removal in the future? Oh wait...I can use that money for minis!

I just wear jeans...alot....;)

• Like 1

{{Hugs}} for Kathie.

As for me, I had to do 2 little cakes for a friend's wedding reception party for family in Ohio (wedding was several weeks ago in NOLA).  They turned out fine...but I am worn out and achy today (thanks Fibro).

Had a nightmare last nite: The owner of a shop of some sort (where I apparently had several of my houses displayed at one time) was berating me about one of my clients.  The man was angry that he was paying me $5000. for this house and I wasn't keeping on schedule with the work!   I woke up stressed about this house that I seem to have forgotten about...then realization set in - this was only a dream! Especially the part about getting paid $5000 for a dollhouse!  LOL

• Like 2