What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Happy Birthday Grazhina!!  I'm glad you got to go out for a special dinner to celebrate.  Hopefully your back will continue to improve quickly.   

• Like 1

Yahoo!!

Starting the party plan for after the replacement and for while we are all crowded into the waiting area pacing around til you come out.

So, who wants to bring what?

I'm bringing fresh strawberries and fresh cherries with some cream.

That's going to be a very crowded waiting room!!!!  <tucking a bottle of Green Apple Pucker into my go-bag>  Hopefully the procedure won't take long coz I'm a lightweight when it comes to drinking these days and a few shots will change my pacing to staggering.  

• Like 1

Hope it goes well, Holly.

Sorry I haven't been around lately (probably a good thing).  Still making daily trips to the NICU to see our little one.  She is doing well.  I was going to post pics on my Flickr account, but like many websites, it's on the fritz and won't allow me to upload anything.

I had to see a neurosurgeon yesterday.  Apparently increased cerebral spinal fluid pressure is causing edema in my optic nerve.  It's causing very brief but sharp headaches several times an hour.  What was more disturbing is the cyst (kind of like a benign tumor) in my head is growing, pushing brain tissue from the right side to the left side of my skull.  The surgeon said it wasn't a problem and I won't need surgery to relieve the pressure.  I'm not a fan of getting cut open, but I emphasized to her that my work doesn't involve a shovel or spatula- I get paid to think and my ability to do so cannot be compromised.  I hope she knows what she is (or in this case, isn't) doing.

I see the kidney surgeon tomorrow, and knowing how large the "little bundles of joy" I have been growing are, I won't be able to avoid the O.R. for that one.

....I had to see a neurosurgeon yesterday. Apparently increased cerebral spinal fluid pressure is causing edema in my optic nerve. It's causing very brief but sharp headaches several times an hour. What was more disturbing is the cyst (kind of like a benign tumor) in my head is growing, pushing brain tissue from the right side to the left side of my skull. The surgeon said it wasn't a problem and I won't need surgery to relieve the pressure .....

Maybe you should message Heidi. She's had several go-rounds with the eye MD's and neurosurgeons of late for cerebral pressure problems. She might have some advice for you. She has a link in her posts to her website where she has some links to different info sites. There is a topic going abour thoughts for her if you need to locate her name and link.

Edit: Here's the link to her info and the topic we have been using.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?showuser=583

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37254&page=5#entry608853

Good luck and keep us posted on the little one and yourself.

Checking in from Tunisia, lovley weather, sun and bathng and great food as well!

Keeping fingers crossed Holly, will be bringong fig cake a new found love :)

Hugs

• Like 1

Rained awful all day Saturday, we ended up with 3 inches of water in the basement. I've been running both dehumidifiers, and a steam cleaner every day and the carpet is still soaked. I'm so frustrated and upset. Our basement is finished on one side. I did not want to pull the carpet up but I guess I don't have much of a choice now. We have an old yellow and orange speckled tile down there, I think it could be asbestos tile. And around the perimeter the previous owner put in perimeter drains, and the concrete is not even. So I have no idea what we will do now. I hate that tile.... So now I'm looking for ways to make it look pretty. Maybe paint..... Oh goodness I'm so overwhelmed with the diagnosis, worried about the test results, carpet, bills....

Anyone have any ideas to cover ugly tile in a lower level family room?

Anyone have any ideas to cover ugly tile in a lower level family room?

As Sable mentioned epoxy might work. Our friends just did their basement floor with that epoxy style paint and added a beautiful design of a glittery scattering of small chips of coordinating colors. Easy to clean and looks fabulous besides sealing it nicely. Their floor was really yucky before and now it's so nice.

If you still wanted warmth, an area rug could then provide the warmth you want and it wouldn't be a big expense to replace if something stained it in the future.

Here's a link to safely coating over asphalt or asbestos tiles.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175781

Just realized what folks are referring to about Anna. I'm not a news watcher. Oh my! How dreadful! Prayers for your safety, Anna, and those of the others and comfort for those who are grieving.

Anna, hoping you are safe. Please check in with us.

I sent her a message on Facebook as soon as I saw the news but haven't heard anything from her yet.  I'll let you guys know as soon as I do if she hasn't checked in here by then.  I don't know for sure which part of the coast she and her hubby are on but am hoping it's far from Sousse.  

We are ok. Wifi has been spotty to say the least. Will check in again tomorrow with updates I hope

Hugs

<tremendous sigh of relief> Oh thank the gods you're okay Anna.  I was really worried.  Thank you for letting us know you're okay.  I'll stop pacing the floor now.