What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I think I've tripped over the edge of beginning to think about what to get rid of. De-stashing is becoming more and more attractive. I could never understand it even up to a year ago. It's sad but the older I get the more I realize what my limitations truly are and the life expectancy that goes along with it.

I used to say I didn't care if my kids had to go through it all. I've been watching a sale on Ebay of one person who has been de-stashing dozens of kits - many really nice vintage ones. (I even bought one - silly woman that I am). But it has made me think about how my heirs would not have a clue as to the value of some of the things I have so perhaps I should recoup some of the $$'s I've invested myself to keep myself supplied with the things I truly will need and use.

Funny how the cycles of life and our habits come and go.

• Like 4

After breakfast we hopped into the car to go to the grocery store, only we got sidetracked by a couple of yard sales. I found a doll stand at one and a small table for my toaster oven to replace the one I left in Havana (not on purpose). Anyway, the groceries are bought and put away and I have blinged the heck out of the pressie Deb's hubby sent me; still have to take pictures, but it was my first official project in the new workshop. No *magic* words required and no small animals were hurt in the process.

Another light week at the grocery store, as we have a camping/ hiking/ paddling trip coming up Easter weekend followed by almost a week in LA with Tallahassee friends; home just long enough between to wash skivvies.

I had to take Chad to work this morning so I took my time coming back. It was a gorgeous day, temps in the 70's, had the windows down and the radio up. I stopped by the lake and let the ducks and geese entertain me, it was so nice to sit there in the sunshine by the water .Then I stopped at the second hand store and got a brand new cordless iron , originally priced at $79.99, for $2.99 (didn't know they made such a thing) and a couple of other good deals. Next I got groceries and then went to the Amish store for whole peppercorns and to look at fabric. They had a bunch of tiny prints , so I got some of them, some lace and ribbon, a magnetic pin holder, and a new broom. There's pork and sauerkraut on the stove so dinner is taken care of, all in all a pretty good day.

I have been busy so this is why my absence. I got a bling infested pressie too!! Thank you, Deb. Half scale kit to crack open. I need to find my glue stash. I packed stuff away for painting.

I had a beautiful Spring day. Grocery shopping, a yard sale where I bought two vintage Pyrex and a garlic press. Trimmed and bagged the creepy phlox. They will be flowering soon. I bought some flowers for the porch pots and I took a nice long nap. Fred and I cooked roasted chicken dinner. It was a good day.

• Like 1

I just started a new FB group, Dollhouse Builders. If any of you have a dollhouse in progress, post pictures you'd like to share with people around the world. Support your fellow builders by leaving positive comments on their build. Some things never change around here. I posted pictures of my Emerson Row in progress and got two responses. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE FABULOUS FOR YOU TO LEAVE A POSITIVE COMMENT!!! I belong to a 1:6 forum and people make lovely comments on the most simple of photos because they care about their members.

• Like 2

Have you been making the contemporary furniture for your Emerson Row? You could do tutorials! I really like the white seat. I don't normally cruise the galleries and I rarely leave comments; not because I'm not impressed, but I just don't type that well, especially with the Itis twins (Arthur & Bursie) wreaking havoc with my hands.

Holly, I'm looking at your post and thinking, oh I didn't know Holly has little grandkids running around her house, lol! Thank you for that suggestion, you're always so positive, I love it! For that sofa, I made it haphazardly and the back isn't so great, but perhaps I could do an explanation and give a pattern, if I can find it. You're such a doll, thank you for just being you!

...I'm looking at your post and thinking, oh I didn't know Holly has little grandkids running around her house...

I'd a whole lot rather have the grandkids than the arthritis & bursitis, that's for sure! Your modern furniture in your Emerson is definitely good looking, and for all those who want the more modern look it's either $$$ or DIY (and we all know what a DIY nut I am!).

• Like 1

Yesterday I rode to Ormond Beach with a neighbor and his wife. We took a longer, scenic route that was well worth it. The first few miles were a bit nerve-racking thanks to a number of wild geese, vultures and more than a few suicidal squirrels. Every time we rode up on those large birds on the side of the road, they would take flight right in our path.

The best part was our destination- we met up with Robin (Mistystars), who introduced me to the GL family over 8 years ago, and her DH for lunch at a beach side restaurant. The return trip included a stop at a gigantic motorcycle accessories store to pick up a new set of saddle bags for my bike, but I didn't see any I liked. The top sides of my forearms are a little roasted, but they will tan within a week.

Soheila volunteered to spend the day with the kids, but next week is her/our turn. We have a nanny scheduled to watch the kids from early Saturday morning to late into the evening so we can go to Universal Studios in Orlando. We haven't had many chances to date since we entered parenthood, and she really needs a break to do something she wants to do after everything that has happened recently. She is pretty certain she failed the RN boards again, so she is way overdue to have some fun. We were already planning to take her sisters and all of our kids in November when the weather and crowds are better, but we know from experience that we will end up spending the day managing the kids instead of enjoying the day at the park, so this will be our chance to have some fun.

Jeremy, that sounds like a wonderful plan for you and your wife to have a great day together! I'm a little envious of your ride yesterday. With the exception of hostile birds and maniacal squirrels, the first ride of the year has got to be the best.

I spent all day yesterday working in the yard and running the leaf blower which would have been okay if I hadn't overdone it. But I got into one of those Zones where I forgot that I can't do all the things I used to do and did some of them anyway so I'm not doing much of anything now, Groceries must be obtained however so that's the goal of the day. Bruce does all the hard work but the floors in the stores just kill my lower back so grocery shopping is the only thing I'll do today. I'm thinking that ordering chinese food might be the plan for dinner tonight to celebrate the end of a week that included taxes and sprinkler repair.

• Like 2

I'm thinking that ordering chinese food might be the plan for dinner tonight to celebrate the end of a week that included taxes and sprinkler repair.

I was thinking some sort of take out too since I did a ton of clipping, raking, and bagging outside. It is absolutely beautiful out there. I need to remember to apply sunscreen.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/379884645488163/

New dollhouse builders group I started on FB, hope to see you there!

I'll think I'll just stick around here at GL and look at house builds here. I don't have a Facebook account and don't have a desire to join Facebook.

Still sick from an upper respiratory infection I developed on Wednesday. On a new antibiotic as of this morning, it should knock it out. But I've done nothing but lie in bed for 5 days and am in no mood to finish my taxes. Secretly, I'm enjoying the downtime. My family is pampering me and believe me I'm milking it. So no need for sympathy, I'm getting more than my fair share.

• Like 3

I went to bed last night feeling like another cold was coming on, got up this morning and decided to hibernate until it goes away :wacko: I'm quite tired of this lingering cold business I seem to be getting so much this year. I made my family a totally unhealthy dinner of frozen cheese products plus a fabulous batch of chocolate-chocolate chip cookies. Kids are off school this week, but it's all yard work all the time for them. We had trees taken down last week and the stump grinder man came on Saturday so we have lots of sawdust/chips/twigs to pick up.

I'm afraid minis scrambled my brain and took over my life....

:bangin:

Chris, I'm afraid minis scrambeled my brain and took over my life too. - Thank God!

Good luck with your thesis paper. It sounds very interesting. Maybe you can use dollhouses as an example of decision making. I am sure there are several builders on this site who may like to be interviewed, if you are adding personal interviews as part of your research.

Jeremy, I am so happy to see you have children after all. However, I know that fact won't erase the pain of a miscarriage.

It is so wonderful that you and your wife had a nice day and were able to enjoy some time together. I wish her well on her upcoming exams, and I am sure this trip will do you both a lot of good. I wish you all the best.

Jeremy, that sounds like a wonderful plan for you and your wife to have a great day together! I'm a little envious of your ride yesterday. With the exception of hostile birds and maniacal squirrels, the first ride of the year has got to be the best.

Thanks! As long as weather, traffic and crowds work in our favor, it should be a great day. BTW, my motorcycle is my primary transportation. My first ride of the year is always on January 1 and the last is on December 31. All year is riding season and by February it's already T-shirt weather down here in Florida. :p

I so overdid it yesterday, everything hurts today, but I did manage to check out my flower beds. Surprisingly everything wintered over well, I can't wait to be able to plant more. :) We've got some rain moving in , so the sewing machine is out and ready to run.

• Like 2

Our friend was performing at a Sunday brunch downtown in Pensacola this AM, so off we went. After we came home DH moved some more stuff into the workshop including the pub, so I got a start on the roof repaint by first making some much-needed repairs.