What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Oh Anna, I hope you post pictures of the dollhouse show!

Deb, really, you killed it? I wouldn't imagine you squished it in a tissue...... Were you affected by any of the power outtages near you?

I got tons done this weekend, including rearranging every cabinet in the kitchen. They needed to be wiped and I wanted to move the coffee cups, so had to move what was in that place and so on. And yep, all in my jammies!

• Like 1

Lost a whole day today-Late last night my sister and I took our mother to the ER. She had been sick for several days with all over pain,chills,abdominal pain,and then last night a fever of 103-we thought maybe it was the flu. Since she is 79 and a heart patient we didn't want to risk anything getting worse. So we bundled her up in her jammies and went to Mobile. We then sat in the waiting room for 6 hours,then it was another 2 or so while they tested and accessed her-yikes! All the while with her saying several times that she should have already gone to the doctor and us heartily agreeing-but you can't make her go! Shall I say,she is a bit stubborn! Luckily,my sister had given her a dose of acetaminophen before we left home and it brought her fever down. Turns out she has a bladder infection. After they dropped me off late this morning I crashed and slept all day. Woke up on the couch as my son arrived home just before 7pm. I will have to catch up a whole day's worth of chores and such tomorrow. But I am so glad my mother wasn't any worse.

• Like 1

Kat, thank goodness your mother's illness wasn't more serious. Don't look as the day as lost -- you used it up the previous night. Your timeline just got rearranged a little bit. :)

• Like 1

Michelle, I hope that you share your fairy creations!!! My Fairy House was my most favorite build ever! So much fun!

Spent the weekend trying to stay out of the winds. April 27th 8 inches of snow!!! Good Grief!!

I wanted to buy my annual flowers today (pansies, impatiens, and marigolds), but we got another cold spell, and I don't feel like going for them. Hopefully, by the end of the week I will have something planted. My niece is coming in and will be here until Thursday. Unfortunately, I also have to go to a wake that evening.

Chilly Monday. Puttering around the house to keep my mind off things. I am not over doing it, Deana..Do not worry. I hate having a preoccupied mind. I feel like I cannot accomplish anything of significance.

This past weekend I spent a little time at the annual mini show here in town - and found a few little treasures for my DD's roombox.

I am making a replica of their Vancouver, WA apartment as a memento of their time in the PNW while she was in Seminary. As a special gift, I commissioned two cats (replicas of their cats) from fellow GL member, EE Winters. I decided to do this all too late, so I might have to take along everything in a little "hobby kit" when we fly out there on Thursday and put it all together as we relax at the beach house. :)

Along with us, there will be the Gparents, her Nana, her sister & hubby and her hubby's parents to celebrate! (we won't talk about the trials that are sure to accompany us on our travels. NOT looking forward to spending 5 hours on an airplane with my mother! LOL) Her graduation is on Friday, we'll have a little gathering for her on Saturday, then Sunday we head for the Oregon coast! Looking forward to our time with them - but I can't lie- I am mostly excited because now that she is finished with school they will be moving back to PA!! :D

• Like 1

I thought tarantulas ate scorpions.

They do and that's why I was reluctant to kill this one, but we'd just sprayed the back part of the yard where the grass and oleanders are for bugs and when I saw that thing coming out at a dead run and heading right for the foundation of the house, there wasn't time to build a little house for it. Deana, I definitely didn't squash it in a tissue and Selkie, if I hadn't had the hard metal rake close by, it would have been given a second chance at life. But since the rake was close by and the tarantula was on a mission to move in, it had to go.

The lizards are proving to be more of a problem than anything else right now. This house was empty for over a year so the lizards think they own the yard and we're having a hard time driving them back and keeping them out of the garage. Lizardzilla has taken a mate now and obviously, her name is Bridezilla. They're pretty cocky but then again, they're almost a foot long so they can probably afford to strut a little like the king and queen of the yard. <snickering> Bruce bought me a super soaker to keep on the patio and since they don't like showers, it at least keeps them out in the gravel.

Since I tell y'all everything, you might as well enjoy a good laugh about me and the lizards. One of the really big alligator lizards came right up on the patio and ran between my bare feet while I was relaxing on the loveseat which didn't go over well with me. I stuck my feet in my garden clogs and went after him, chasing him along the edge of the house, stomping my feet and pounding the ground with the rake to sound bigger, and then around the corner where he found himself trapped between the a/c units. He turned around and took an aggressive stance at me; rearing up and hissing, then made a little charge at me. I'm not having any of that, so I made my own charge at him, throwing my arms up into the air to look bigger and imitated his motions while hissing back at him. Then I turned the garden hose on him and he decided that I was no fun. It wasn't until after I'd been back in the house for awhile that it occurred to me that if any of my neighbors were watching..............well, there's no way they could see the lizard which means they wouldn't know why I was doing what I was doing. I'm sure most of them suspect voodoo at the very least. <smiling serenely> I do have a really impressive hiss.

Heidi, I'm glad you're doing a lot of puttering and distracting kinds of things. Go easy on your body and keep your brain busy. Jigsaw puzzles are good until you can get out in the yard to putter there. There's nothing like digging in the dirt to make you feel better. Want me to send you a few lizards? I have plenty to spare.

• Like 1

We just got back from the international music festival in Lafayette, LA. Deb, your lizard stories reminded me thatone of the days we were coming downstairs from our motel room to go with our friends to the festival we spotted an anole on the railing just as he caught himself a bug and chowed down on it. The look was of total bliss, sort of like me with my crawfish and pasta dinner that afternoon.

• Like 1

Deb, I am laughing so hard right now at the mental picture of your avatar hissing at a giant lizard holding a huge hairy spider :lol: did I mention that your little guy is decked out in full steampunk except for rainbow clogs? :rofl:

I got out yesterday to was DH and DS1 play softball. Did I remember to bring my chair? Of course not. A good time was had by all and they won!

Heidi, I'm glad you're doing a lot of puttering and distracting kinds of things. Go easy on your body and keep your brain busy. Jigsaw puzzles are good until you can get out in the yard to putter there. There's nothing like digging in the dirt to make you feel better. Want me to send you a few lizards? I have plenty to spare.

I am trying. And bring little sweaters for your lizards cause it is in the lower 40s today. Wish me luck that I dont freak out in the machine today.

• Like 2

I am trying. And bring little sweaters for your lizards cause it is in the lower 40s today. Wish me luck that I dont freak out in the machine today.

Wishes sent ... Maybe this will show a nice simple solution. :victory:

Fingers crossed and prayers said. :sleep:

Hugs sent. :hug:

Waiting for news. :popcorn:

• Like 1

Rain last night and very overcast and dark here, with thunder. We ran out to grab a few groceries to get us through until the weekend. We have a potluck to go to tomorrow night so I'll finish washing clothes today and cook for that tomorrow, and otherwise stay indoors until the fould weather blows away. Heidi, I hope all goes well for you.

• Like 1

Deb, I am laughing so hard right now at the mental picture of your avatar hissing at a giant lizard holding a huge hairy spider :lol: did I mention that your little guy is decked out in full steampunk except for rainbow clogs? :rofl:

hehehehehehehehehe Well now that Heidi has accepted my offer to send her a few extra lizards, I'll have to learn how to knit little bitty sweaters for them. If they're going to wear rainbow clogs, don't you think that a Rasta type of design on the sweaters would be nice?

Wish me luck that I dont freak out in the machine today.

I've had a pink candle lit and sending soothing energy to you all morning sweetie. I'm not claustrophobic but even I get a little freaked out inside the MRI machine. I take a couple valium and close my eyes, then just start counting the thumps till I'm in a meditative state and wait it out. I'm hoping that the news will be good for you. How long do you have to wait to get the results?

So far today I've been out in the front yard, stomping at lizards and throwing rocks at them. Something hissed at me from inside the rosemary bushes by the front door which just strengthened my resolve to remove those bushes. Whoever landscaped this place last year was an idiot to plant low ground cover less than a foot away from the sidewalk by the front door. Obviously they aren't a desert native because that's about the last place you want ground cover to be unless you want lizards, scorpions and snakes in the house. Bruce has an electric hedge trimmer and I think next weekend I'll have him turn it on those bushes with ruthless abandon and then try to dig up the roots. Wild rosemary is just a green tumbleweed so even tho it smells nice, it's not a good choice for landscaping. It's only attraction is that it grows with no water and it's cheap which is why the property management company chose them, I'm sure. Oh well, if I can get them out, I'll replace them with a couple of nice cactus which ARE great to have next to your front door because they make a nice security fence. Seriously. Prickly pear is used as a natural fence everywhere out here. I've even seen corrals made of prickly pear and ocotillo.

Anyway, for the rest of the day I'm going to head out to the patio and plant the half dozen flats of moss rose that I got yesterday. <happy dancing> I got to the store just as they were bringing out rolling carts of new plants and there was the moss rose that I've been waiting for since February! I grabbed the best specimens before the stocking guy could bring the cart to a stop and today I'll happily get them planted in my cauldrons. They're my very favorite plant so this is a great way to lift my spirits!

Linda,I hope the weather isn't storming too badly when you get off,bless your heart!The bottom fell out here overnight and today. I'm exaggerating,but not by a whole lot to say we may need a boat to get out. Naw,but my yard is pretty flooded. After such beautiful weather for days and getting to work on my yard,it really stinks! But I'll just curl up here with some junk TV today,I guess. Yard clean up will be a pain after all this,but I am anxious to be able to get it done.

I missed something,I guess,but what is going on,Heidi? Whatever it is,I am hoping you have good news,too.

Hello Everybody :peace: - I have run away - again - to Greenleaf Town, getting away from RL! I love this place! Sounds like everyone has been very busy with tarantulas, and lizards, and concerts. Not to mention hospital visits. Whew!

After an absence of a year and a half, while living with our daughter and her family, my DH has come home - but just for a visit. He's going back in 3 more weeks. I have learned to handle things by myself, take care of my mother, work part time, and enjoy my hobby - sans a man in the house! So right now it feels like we just have company who will be staying a short while. Company who eats a lot and likes to be the center of attention.

I have had NO time for minis and the withdrawal is getting painful. I've been going through old pictures of my first dollhouse, which was actually a book case, and enjoying the memories of it. I only had it for 10 years, then we moved and I had to dismantle it, but it brought me a lot of joy at the time. Maybe I'll start an album in my gallery for it. It's not going to win any awards, since I had to make almost everything in it from scratch, but I did have fun!

• Like 2

I have had issues with tingling, loss of sensation and electric shocks in both hands/feet. I dont have diabetic neuropathy (they checked). My GP and neuro think it stems from my neck as in herniated disc, degeneration, arthritis, etc etc. I have a history of spine herniation but not that high up.
MRI went peachy. I was given a benzo called Serax. It gave me a slight reaction of mild hives and flush. I was checked out by the nurse and my vitals were fine. I practically fell asleep in the machine. They make you comfy with pillows, headphones, and eye mask. I was good. I was so good that Fred had to lead me back to the car. Giggles and balance issues like I drank few too many margaritas. I am better now.
I have a disc to give to my neuro. I have to call in the morning to make a appointment. We shall see...

• Like 1

One of the worse tests I ever had,in the mid 1990s,was a brain scan to rule out a tumor,because they positioned me practically upside down,on my face. Ack!! When reading my results,the very serious doctor said that there was"nothing up there"-I cracked that I coulda saved us a lot of time and trouble,because I already knew that!LOL

Seriously,I hope all goes well for you,Heidi.

• Like 1

I have a disc to give to my neuro. I have to call in the morning to make a appointment. We shall see...

I'm glad it went well Heidi. Sounds like they gave you some excellent drugs this time and that makes a big difference. Hopefully the neuro can get you in soon.

So right now it feels like we just have company who will be staying a short while. Company who eats a lot and likes to be the center of attention.

<chuckling> CJ, I think we can safely say that every wife who reads that feel just a teeny bit of quiet envy. Sometimes it's nice to just have the space and time to simply "be" without anyone else around.

So the mystery about what was hissing at me from under the rosemary bushes has been solved. Bruce came home from work and handed me his phone. I looked at the screen and there was a picture of a snake. I asked him where he took it and he said, "Just now out on the front sidewalk". Ooooooookay. So we grabbed the rakes and one of Bruce's airsoft pistols that's been hopped up and out the door we went. The snake hadn't paid much attention to having his picture taken because he was busy eating a dead lizard and was right where Bruce had left him. <sigh> If he has to be in the yard, couldn't he eat the live lizards, not just dispose of dried out carcasses he finds under the planter????

Anyway, Bruce was able to finally get it far enough out into the driveway to start using the leaf rake to "herd" it out into the street toward the water runoff channel under the curb across that leads out into a field. The snake was having none of that since he'd apparently made himself at home under those rosemary bushes. The end result was that the snake kept coming back out, striking at Bruce and trying to get back over to the house so Bruce ended up having to shoot it. I'm really hoping we don't find a nest of them under those bushes next weekend. I'm pretty sure this was a sandsnake of some type, altho it was well over a foot long. I gotta say that I'm all impressed with my hubby because snakes do not take direction well and he still managed to get it all the way down the driveway and across the street with a leaf rake. There may be some kind of rodeo event for that and if so, he'd have won the biggest belt buckle in the state for his finesse this evening.

Now that we've taken up lizard herding, snake rustling, and tarantula splatting I suggested to Bruce that maybe we could find time to do some alligator wrestling before long. hehehhehehehehe

• Like 1

Please tell Bruce not to shoot any more sand snakes. If you read the link you posted, they eat the varmints you want to keep out of your house (roaches, centipedes, etc). You can tell by observing it that it's nonvenomous. If you find the nest, call your state wildlife people to send someone to relocate it. While I don't advocate having them in or near your house, nonvenomous snakes (which is the majority of snakes in the world) are extremely beneficial in keeping down the populations of not only nasty bugs but the venomous snakes, as well. Expend y'all's energies on removing the rosemary bushes and other vegetation next to your doors. Snakes strike when you invade their space. Next time use a broom handle on other long pole to coax your nonlegged intruder to mosey elsewhere.

We're supposed to go to a potluck supper in Pensacola tonight ; it's a meeting of all the Jazz Fest volunteers to make our reports on what went right and what could be improved on for next year's festival. It will be interesting to see if we can get across the Perdido River to get back into FL, as the I-10 bridge was under water and the road closed between Exit 53 in AL and Exit 5 in FL.

• Like 1