What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Spent most of the day shredding old papers, tossing clutter that was packed in boxes and laundry.

Wishing for a evening cup of coffee but too lazy to get up and make it.

Am in great pain this eve from wa-a-a-a-ay overdoing it today. My eldest grandson was over today to assist with yard clean up and one thing led to another and before I knew it I was getting my deck pots ready for the summer, power washing the deck, putting up my snakes to scare the birds away, bringing out the kids picnic table and bikes and on and on. I love what we got done - he got all the rose bush clippings hauled away and all the downed branches off the lawn, leaf raking done, etc. but holy schmoley, :freaked: I cannot walk now - for real. :eek: I came up the stairs on my hands and feet. But it is done and looks great :clap:

• Like 2

I have been working on a new budget. Things have drastically changed around here and I have to harass every penny. I found a old ledger while I was tossing and I am going to write down every deposit and expenditure. That way I can get a better grasp on what else needs to be cut. The sit down with the children will be this weekend. They will contribute or they are out.

• Like 2

Selkie, there was a reason why your grandson came over -- to make things easier for you, not harder!!! We never learn, do we? And we talk about the kids! :doh:

l really do hope you are feeling better very soon!

Hugs! :mwah:

• Like 1

Both of our friends used to work for the oil companies in this area 30 years ago, so after we did the McIlhenny tour (with mini samples) we headed off to their old stomping grounds and lunch in New Iberia. Tonight the music festival begins, so that's where we're headed next.

I've been working for days making mushrooms, toadstools and ladybugs out of paperclay and fimo. I'm doing the make and take at Dawn's during the Faerie and Herb Fest. We'll be making tiny faerie gardens in a thimble, so I had to make the pieces they will use. I still have to make tiny faerie houses too, but I'll do that tonight. I wish I could take credit, but I borrowed the idea from Pixie Hill. I have no idea what the event is, but it sounds fun.

• Like 2

Awoken early by the new neighbors demo-ing the house down the street. I have gotten my grocery shopping done already. I am going to cook and clean on this rainy day. Trying to decide if I will put on some loungers since I do not plan on being out. Dinner is General Tso Tofu with basmati rice and broccoli. I got a deal on a bag of yellow onions so I am going to make some French onion soup.

Spending money at Home Depot LOL..... I found the connectors there for the strip lights I bought a while back from HSB. Of course I couldn't stop at just the connectors. PS Did any of you know that HD sells dollhouses on line????? I have three from there.

Laid the stone for my "foundation". I have a lighting kit, but now with the strip lights I will put them in the house I ordered yesterday. Think for the rest of the day I am going to try and make some of the furniture I got a couple of months ago. You all have a good one!!!! STAY HAPPY!!

At one time Lowe's used to sell the Greenleaf kits in their stores at Christmas time.

There is a gi-normous local flea market we're off to check out shortly. Yesterday we found a couple of outfitter shops and I was able to get a new kayak paddle. The music festival is a lot of fun, although to get close enough to hear the musicc puts us too close, volume-wise; so we settle for the background music and an outstanding floor show! Taking the shuttle bus is also a lot of fun, opportunities to meet all kinds of neaat folks. My friend is battling laryngitis this AM.

• Like 2

I am waiting for the 100 mile yard sale here in MO on Memorial Weekend. I have never had the first day of the sale off when there is the "good" stuff. This year I will hit the "upper" 50 on Thursday then the second half on Friday or Saturday. I LOVE being retired!!!!! (just wish my heart hadn't messed me up).

Edited by L Swearengin

We are slowly working on getting our house put back together after getting new floors put in. Fun.

Today is Lawson's birthday, and also his prom. We did dinner earlier in the week, and tomorrow we'll have cake and dinner at my mom's with the family. I can't believe he's 18! 3 weeks until graduation... Ack.

The next town over had their spring town days thing. Brennen went and worked at the booth for his school, and we walked around a bit and looked at the vendors when we dropped him off. Beautiful day here today, so that was nice. Will make for nice prom pictures too.

Whew !! We are finally done with a house full of kiddos - playdates and a birthday party. Don't ask why I do this all at once - it doesn't make sense to most but it seems easier to do it in all one shot and be done with the mess once. Snack was universal to all recipients which made it easier. We had 3 kinds of ice cream, fruit popsicles, homemade (still hot) choc chip cookies, veggie straws, fresh grapes, Doritos, 2 kinds of juice and water.

I am left unattended this weekend. (hubby went on a trip) so I am into trouble. I rearranged all the kitchen cabinets, I would say I have too many dishes, but you never know when 150 people might stop in for a formal dinner, you know? I am trying to put all my vcr tapes on dvd, but I am having issues, so I may have to break down and ask for help. Took a shower this morning and put clean jammies on - I didn't have to be dressed for anyone. I ate chips for breakfast. Solved my kitty litterbox issue (I would have to get dressed to put it in action, so that, obviously, will have to wait) In a little bit I am going to go in the basement and knock down the rest of a wall.

• Like 1

Tracy,Happy Birthday to Lawson and a happy day for you being his mother for 18 years! Oh,and prom,too,huh! My younger son is the only one of my 2 to do the prom thing(I never went to mine.) and he had such a blast at both his junior and senior proms. Hope it's a great memory maker for Lawson! :)

I took a break from yard work yesterday,but went out there for awhile this morning to plant some things. No one has come yet to tow away my boss lady's car that was crashed into last week and it really creeps me out,seeing it sitting there,all messed up. She's in the hospital recovering from gallbladder surgery,so I guess the family is preoccupied,but I hope they get to it soon. Don't need any more sad reminders! I hope to get some potted flowers next week and plant them at the base of the tree that the man who died in the crash hit. Just seems fitting. I read that they took him home to Louisiana to be buried.

Selkie,it sounds like your house was,and is,full of life-I know it's exhausting,but what fun,too!:)

Deana,does "Busy Bee" sound familiar? :D I hope that's a dollhouse wall you're talking about-at least I I think I do!lol

No, it's a real wall. I already pulled off the drywall, now I have to knock out the studs and cut the upper and lower boards. Then I need to remove the door on another wall and reset it properly so it closes. I had a friend who was going to do some wiring for me, but he had a heart attack the day he was supposed to come, so I will do the wiring myself.

• Like 2

!!!! WoW! Deana,that is so awesome,that you can do such a repair job yourself-I'm a ditz when it comes to anything like that. I'm sorry for your friend's illness-may he heal swiftly. ~K.

I am left unattended this weekend. (hubby went on a trip) so I am into trouble. I rearranged all the kitchen cabinets, I would say I have too many dishes, but you never know when 150 people might stop in for a formal dinner, you know? I am trying to put all my vcr tapes on dvd, but I am having issues, so I may have to break down and ask for help. Took a shower this morning and put clean jammies on - I didn't have to be dressed for anyone. I ate chips for breakfast. Solved my kitty litterbox issue (I would have to get dressed to put it in action, so that, obviously, will have to wait) In a little bit I am going to go in the basement and knock down the rest of a wall.

And you did it all in your jammies. Very impressive.

I killed my first tarantula in the backyard this morning,

• Like 1

I killed my first tarantula in the backyard this morning,

Well, honey you are a braver woman than I am. I'd be packing my suitcase about now.

• Like 1

A tarantula is a BIG spider.... Shudders to think of it!

Over here we have had great weather over the weekend, ie clear blue sky and the sun has shown itself from its best side giving a slight hint of early summer so we have fully enjoyed that. Scrubbed the patio/sun deck floor, hunted for furniture and found some that will suit perfectly. Needed to order the chairs though as thise were on back order <insert me stomping my foot with impatience...> and since it is only a three day work week we'll be able to pick them up come Friday, then, come Saturday and I'll be going to Farum/Den,arl for this year's dollshouse show, yay!

Hugs

• Like 1