What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I hate allergy flareups because they crap out my otherwise intact immune system by lowering my resistance to opportunists (possibly the three bouts of pneumonia helped) and I'm too stopped up to go anywhaere today except back & forth to the tissue box. DH went back to the jazz fest, since there were three more groups we wanted to hear, and one of them was only performing today; and to talk the JSOP vendors into packing up after the fest today, instead of godawful early tomorrow with rain & storms in the forecast beginning overnight, and letting him load it in his truck, and then we can deliver it all back to the offices tomorrow at a more civilized hour.

Just got back home again after a lovley visit with my husband's maternal grandmother who turned 90 today. She lives just a few houses down the street so it is easy enough to stop by and share a few word now and again. I am amazed and in awe of her attitude in life and she is an inspiration in so many ways. :wub: and she is a sweetheart as well.

Hugs

• Like 3

What wasn't working for you, Holly -- the 4th Ward Afro-Klezmer Orchestra link that you sent? Um, no, it didn't do much for me. I don't think this group is extraordinarily talented. I'll keep a lookout for some music that I think you'd enjoy! By the way, all I did was to copy the url from the browser page on which the youtube video was shown and paste it here into my text message. That's all it took to "embed" the video. Don't know why it didn't work for you.

What didn't work for me was that it wasn't "jazz". We have had a group or two performing at some of JSOP's weekly venues that weren't jazz, either; and we were among the very few who toughed it out through their first set. It's just that when I'm planning to go to a particular music venue, that's what my "ear"/ "palate" gets tuned for, and when the music doesn't match we leave; and I like pretty much all forms of jazz, although an entire evening of "big band" is a bit too much for me.

I'm having a very quiet day today, which is nice after the hectic week winding up. I need a nice day for the next session in the workshop, since it involves cleaning a really groddy baker's rack that in addition to being covered in a layer or more of really black DIRT has some sort of silicon goo on some of its metal parts; I foresee Goo Gone and Murphy's Oil Soap in my immediate future!

Hey Peggi! You must remember my saga of quitting smoking over and over and over. It is a process. You want to quit so it will happen. It may take a few tries but it will. If you want it badly enough (which I know you do) you will find a way to fight the monster of addiction. I was fortunate (huh?) to have back surgery. I quit, had the surgery, yelled at Fred, put the Patch on my arm, yelled at Fred, chewed gum and day by day it got better. This Fall will be 5 years for me. You will do it. :):banana:

Whirl wind past couple of days. Perla (the chi) was throwing up foamy water a couple minutes after she would drink plus diarrhea. I was thinking she ate something off the floor. The vet`s assistant said that it could be a stomach upset or a obstruction. She is 10 and several issues that will make any surgery impossible. So I fretted that if she did not get better, she would have to be put down at some point.(if it was truly a obstruction). I fed her some rice. I fed her some mashed apples. I gave her half teaspoons of water with a dropper. I timed each thing that went in and waited to see if it would come up. She kept them down. By the evening she was back to her old self. She follows me around cause I cured her. LOL

Today I gave Lu a haircut and all three dogs were given a wash and set. Pedicures tomorrow. <---they wont let me do too much at once. I hung my porch pots, I did a bit of raking, laundry is going too. Fred made meatballs, put them in my sauce for spaghetti tonight I am gonna roast a spaghetti squash for my *pasta* dinner.
I was going to repot some houseplants but I was thinking that being lazy would be better.
Tomorrow Fred and I are starting up the low carb/low fat healthier eating. It is good to have a team mate in lifestyle changes.
It is a gorgeous Sunday! B)

...I am gonna roast a spaghetti squash for my *pasta* dinner.

...It is good to have a team mate in lifestyle changes...

Thanks to you DH & I have discovered spaghetti squash, and it is good!

• Like 1

Well, you'll likely have a nice quiet day tomorrow also if your weather forecast is anything like mine -- 100% chance of rain! Tuesday may be only a little better, but later in the week we'll see some sun and nice days. Make the best of it, and catch up on some reading!

I had a very nice day at the Karen Aird Dollhouse Show today. All the vendors were so very nice to talk to, and I felt they were all happy to be there.

I saw a 3-D printer for the first time, and while I am still unsure of its concept and how it works, it was interesting. Among some other things I noticed was that the quarter scale really seems to be taking off. At least one person mentioned that quarter scale furniture was much easier to find find than half scale furniture; but a vendor at another stand felt both were hard to find. I know someone on this site also mentioned that she felt quarter scale was easier than half scale furniture to find, and I found that fascinating. I saw more of the smaller scale pieces in both half and quarter scale than I did before.

I bought some Mexican food (in miniature, that is), a shrimp platter, Easter baskets, kitchen rugs, miniature paper plates in pastel colors, a yellow tea pot with a painted teddy bear on it, and a watering pail with flowers in it. The little things in life really add up, in more ways than one.

This can be expensive at times, but everyday I thank God I found this hobby; or maybe it found me.

• Like 2

I remember the nice welcome message I got from Marlene when I joined CDHM. She had been ailing for a while. She;l be missed, but she put up a heck of a fight.

I don't know Marlene or recall a Marlene from this site, but naturally I am sorry to hear of her passing. Some people have a natural way of making others feel welcome, so I am glad you got to know her. May her presence live on.

our little momma is now in the countdown portion of incubating...seeing the dr once a week....

today was our sunday to feed her and the baby...we were going to tyedye but they were pooped from painting the nursery...so we hung out and talked

about his room and how they are planning on finishing it...

the grans came back in such a state they had showers and bed by 6pm...can you say not happy children....

I smile as it happens...I can do that now....momma can deal with their tales of woe and unfairness....

its nice to have them home again :bigwink:

tomorrow Dean is taking his CDL permit test to start his range driving portion of school... :banana:

• Like 2

Maureen, Marlene was the admin at CDHM (Custom Dollhouse Miniatures) a group that began when a bunch of Ebay sellers and artisans decided the Ebay group wasn't meeting their needs.

The weather is perfectly cruddy today, rain, thunder and the sky is very dark with the mustardy-green color I've noted whenever there are tornados in the area or likely. Nevertheless after breakfast we're headed back to Pensacola to take all the Jazz Festival stuff back to the JSOP offices' storage area until next year. All the other volunteers work the tents; we are the mover & transport crew.

We are on our way to Gatlinburg today. :) All 5 of us, Anslee even had the same spring break we did for once. We haven't had a vacation with just us in I don't remember how long. Always go/meet family, friends, or take a kid's friend. We are so excited. We'll be back Thursday.

This past week we had new floors put in upstairs, the tile people will come on Friday. So our house has been turned upside down all week. Still waiting on the renovations to be finished downstairs. Then that can be painted and floored. So ready for all of this to be done!

Jeremy, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Please give my regards to your wife.

Not too much happening around here today...the usual cleaning and laundry. I made a prune cake this afternoon, but I was good and only ate a small piece. Tomorrow I have to get going on the baby blanket I'm working on for a friend's daughter. I'm at my least favorite part; math is required which is not my strong suit. Plus, my sewing machine is kaput, so I'm using my mom's uber-fancy computerized model. I should say I plan to use her machine; the directions are making me a little cross-eyed :silly:

• Like 1

Watched an episode of PBS' Antiques Roadshow that had a short feature on the Kansas City,Miss. Toy and Miniatures Museum. They showed 2 dollshouses from the 1890's-a Bliss house and a Gottschalk(sp?) house. Pretty awesome! Gave some quick info about values of antique houses. The feature is about half way through the hour long episode. I love the show,so watching the whole thing is fun for me! :)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/video/1811.html

My son brought me the Disney movie,Frozen,so we watched it earlier today-very awesome!

Edited by kat57
  • Like 1

Yeah,the spelling on that name is rough to remember,but I had it right after all:Gottschalk. And it's so pretty in the video-both of them are. My son is a very patient young man,because when the museum segment came on I was squealing and bouncing like a kid on the couch-"I know about that place,oh,it's a Gottschalk,isn't it pretty,and look at that one(The Bliss house),oh,this is sooo cool,etc!"LOL

They've had dollhouses or miniature furniture on before to be appraised and I've seen 1 or 2 of those episodes. But being able to say I know what museum they are featuring and recognizing that was a Gottschalk before they said it-that is just such fun! :)

Gorgeous toda, with the sun up! Kat, I hope you're enjoying this!

After breakfast the moving and transport team are taking all the jazz fest stuff back to the storeroom at the office downtown and then spend the ret of the day running shopping in Pensacola. I'm still pricing shop vacs.

Once the weather cleared as the front moved on I took my bucketful of Murphys and my bottle of Goo Gone, a couple of rags and a soapy steel wool pad and tackled that baker's rack. I couldn't bring myself to take "before" & "after" pictures; it was disgultingly filthy! I still wouldn't bring it into the house without a repaint, it has been woefully abused, but at least now it's sparking clean and all the silicon stuff is off. Another front is due in tonight, but if it's nice tomorrow I'll be back out unpacking between wash loads. I had no idea how much STUFF I've accumulated over the years! or how disorganized it got whilst getting packed up!

• Like 1

Rain today. Our Spring is limping along here in CT. I am going to spend this damp day cooking moroccan chicken in crockpot and decluttering. Have a great day!

Well, I had an epic Monday.

A half-day of work, then off to meet up with the gal that will be delivering my dh for the group Dollhouses for Kids Battling Cancer. She was SO excited! I was just pleased to contribute -and sent prayers of healing and hope to the little girl and her family.

Next up: new work glasses! I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to finally be able to CLEARLY see what I am doing while working on the computer and doing paperwork!! It may be a bit of a pain switching glasses, but it is WORTH it! :D

And next came the appointment with my GP- and a confirmed diagnosis of Fibromyalgia (which was a long time in coming). I am just glad to finally have a word to describe what I have been going thru since the early 90's. I will be going thru a special 4-week Fibro therapy/educational program.

And the final appointment was with my foot doc: the return of the heel pain was apparently the result of more tearing at the surgery site on my foot....which means I am re-visiting "the boot" for the next 2 weeks. *sigh*

BUT another one of my good news scenarios: I lost a pound!! :D Hey- it's a start! LOL

• Like 2

Jackie, I saw the photo of you handing the dollhouse over to the delivery person on the Dollhouses for Kids with Cancer facebook page. I can just imagine the look on the face of the young recipient. :) Bouquets to you. :flowers:

• Like 1

I have Fibro too. 14 yrs. Glad they have classes to teach the new patient. There is a lot to know. I used to teach others who I know that would get it. Good Luck on your journey.

• Like 1