New Member Peeking In

tss37211

Hi,

Like so many others, I've lurked for a long time :lol:, at least a year, finally joined last night and asked a question of someone and already had 2 replies in the mailbox this morning!

What a helpful and friendly group you are! Thank You!

About me: I have wanted a dollhouse since I played with one in my 1st grade classroom! Finally bought one (The Pierce) about a year ago, with great plans, then a series of life events led to my 5 year old grandson becoming a permanent resident, quite a shock to be mommy to a very active 5 year old again :lol: . I've read lots in that time, but haven't quite been able to get myself started on it...

I've adjusted now (I think!) and am planning my dollhouse again, I know I want to "electrify" it, and put in the upgraded windows. I think I want to place it on some type of turntable. By accident, I have a beautiful, too modernly-dressed Heidi Ott lady (in my china cabinet right now!) and lots of nice furniture, lights, wallpaper, ideas, but not sure who lives in my house yet??

I'm a bit of a perfectionist :unsure: (may be why it isn't out of the box yet!), but oh so excited. I love looking at all of your lovely houses.

Thank you again for making me feel welcome!

:unsure: to the community, Teresa! There are a lot of Piece builds in the galleries and blogs. You should be able to find all kinds of inspiration. Here's hoping your house talks to you soon so you'll know how to approach it! :lol:

Welcome to the "little" family here, Teresa, and there's no reason a modernly dressed lady doll cannot live in a Pierce; nor any rule saying you cannot strip off the modern clothes and dress her in more bygone fashions. We do look forward to your sharing pictures of your build and your other minis with us.

Welcome Teresa!

I can so relate to the perfectionist thing. I'm not so much a perfectionist, because it doesn't have to be perfect to please me, but I am afraid to mess things up (fail) so I have a really hard time trying something new. I'm just now taking a break from my first paper clay attempt. It is not turning out how I expected, but I like it, and can think of so many other applications for it where it would work the way I want.

So, I guess what I am saying is - jump in! It's so much fun! (easy for me to say, I've had that paper clay for 18 months! :unsure: )

Do NOT! ever fear failure! "Failure" is another term for "learning opportuntiy" or even "discovery"! I get a lot of udeserved credit for "knowing" a lot; it's all the results of "failure"!

:unsure: Welcome to the group Teresa!!

You will find a vast amount of knowledge here, and everyone is very helpful when you have a question. I can also relate to the "perfectionist" thing - I think all miniaturists are perfectionists to some degree - detail is everything to us. Just go with what feels right to you - there are no rules.

It's a wonderful group here - you will love it!! Hope you can share pic's of your Pierce - it's a beautiful house.

Chris

Hi Teresa and welcome. The Pierce is a great house to start with and it's good to do something to relax when your grandson is finally asleep. My grandson loves to help me perhaps yours loves your dollhouse adventure too. There be fantastic male dollhouse builders in this group too, it's not only for girls. Sometimes even couples work together to their dollhouse.

Hello there!

I can be obsessive compulsive about my miniature work. I think that is why it takes me so long to work on houses. I have to think about them alot before I work on a particular part of them.

With practice and further knowledge, you will quickly forget all those notions you have about not being able to do it right!

If it looks good to YOU..it is fine and dandy.

So break open that box, pet and smell the wood, sit down with a nice drink in a quiet spot, and read the instructions..then read them again...then read them again. You will have a wonderful time and in the end you will have a treasure!

welcome and lots of luck i have the fairfield i havnt started yet im getting redy to move but i am also one who likes to plan it all out before i start. the peirce is going to be my next build and i wont take as long as i am with the fairfield lol

Welcome to the group. There is no such thing as failure....whatever is different makes you item "an original" that will never be repeated or done the same as anyone else! (That's what I keep telling myself.)