Hi, I've been lurking since starting my Arthur last month. This actually is my 2nd dollhouse. The first one was 22 years ago then raised kids and gave it to them to play with, and of course it got ruined. It wasn't complete at that time anyways :welcome:.

The girls are now grown and on a whim I was looking on E-bay for kits. Wouldn't you know, I won a bid and now I'm hooked.

I've always been an "Artsy Craftsy" person and have done many crafts over the years. Now I'm branching out, using techniques I've learned like Trompe L'Oeil painting to do the floors, etc. I have also been teaching myself how to weave wicker doll furniture and now have chairs for the porch when it is done as well as a bed. I am trying to make as much of the furniture myself as I can. Last week, I made a chair and love seat for the living room.

I work 4pm to midnight as an emergency dispatcher and making the furniture when I get home from work helps me wind down without disturbing the sleeping household.

I have also "kit bashed" the Arthur a bit by adding an addition as I wanted a dining room so the addition is the kitchen. I also enclosed the staircase and added ballisters and a hand railing as well as a railing in the bedroom so the "little people" don't fall down the stairs in the night. This is also my first attempt at electrifying a house! I was so excited when the bathroom light and coach light out front actually lit!

I've attached a couple of pictures of the furniture and floor. I still have to download updates from the camera.

I look forward to sharing my progress and watch the progress of the other members.

post-2940-1205472906_thumb.jpg

post-2940-1205472918_thumb.jpg

Hurrah! Another Rhonda! Welcome to the "little" family, as soon as you have made five posts you can show us pictures of your Arthur & projects in an album in the Gallery.

I have built an Arthur for my FDIL in VA to give her niece, but when her 3-year-old nephew's first action was to begin snatching off the gingerbread trim (which I have repaired) and the niece "removed" all the bathroom fixtures I had made from seashells she decided to keep it for herself! and the niece only plays with it under supervision and where the nephew cannot reach it. I now have a kit stashed to make one for ME, and your bash sounds wonderful :welcome:

Several of our members make wicker furniture (although I do, too, mine is terribly crude; yours is like theirs, lovely). Your trompe l'oeil floors are beautiful (I scribe & stain) and I can't wait to see more of your work!

hi from australia,

Im a new member too, and im on my first dollshouse. I just wanted to say i love the furniture . You are very clever, i would love to know how to do that. If you ever want a new friend from australia to talk too, just send me a message.

louloufairy

:unsure: Welcome to the forum Rhonda!!

I love your wicker furniture and flooring....great work! I have wanted to try wicker for a while now, and will be taking a short class for it in a couple weeks. If mine turns out half as nice as yours, I'll be pleased.

Can't wait to see more of your work.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...