Aren't Intros Boring?

It's been a long time for me since I've been involved with miniatures. Probably close to fifteen years, actually, but I've recently discovered that I needed a hobby that could keep me occupied, both hands and mind, and I decided to return to dollhouses and miniatures. The problem is that I don't have a great deal of experience, so I wanted to find somewhere that I could go for help and companionship about the hobby.

I'm 28 years old and recently gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. I might not be online that much because we are nursing and certain periods of time keep me a bit occupied as I'm sure most parents will understand.

Thanks for having me! I look forward to getting to know you!

P.S. The welcome PM isn't displaying the bbcode properly and makes it very difficult to read!

Welcome to the forum "family", Becki, although I don't understand why your would think that introductions are boring, they let us meet new members and friends and when we know a little bit about you we can post links and share information that might interest you.

Our grandbaby was almost here this time last year, so I do know about keeping busy with the dear little critters. Babies are the very best minis of all.

Are you thinking about building a kit, making miniature items to go into a dollhouse, or collecting?

Here is a copy of the new memers' PM.

Welcome to the forum "family", Becki, although I don't understand why your would think that introductions are boring, they let us meet new members and friends and when we know a little bit about you we can post links and share information that might interest you.

I should say that *my* intros can be very boring. I can get very long winded and either can't figure out what to say or say way too much. It can be very frustrating for me. Plus I hate to be one of eight or nine new members with the same topic title :banana:

Our grandbaby was almost here this time last year, so I do know about keeping busy with the dear little critters. Babies are the very best minis of all.

I was afraid of having a baby this time of year (last month, actually) but I'm finding that it's one of the best times of year to have a baby :banana: She's a true blessing, nearly died three during pregnancy and again during her delivery due to two knots in her cord *and* the fact that her cord was around her neck three times. We are very lucky to have her with us!

Are you thinking about building a kit, making miniature items to go into a dollhouse, or collecting?

I'm going to start with a dollhouse kit, I think. My husband wants to make one from scratch, but given that I'm at home all the time and he works *very* long shifts I think that in spite of having a little one at home I have a better chance of getting something done and I'm not prepared to do a "from scratch" dollhouse.

We're probably going to purchase from our local craft/hobby store rather than ordering online, too. I'm not sure I'm happy about that as the selection isn't nearly as good, but that being said it's the easiest option right now for getting the kit and the materials that are necessary. We don't have internet at home right now (I get online at a friend's house) and I prefer to have my information stored only on my own personal computer.

Welcome to our little world! This is a VERY friendly site, the best of any I've found (not just mini, but others that use..). Folks here are generous with their praise, their help, their encouragement, their support, both in the building of minis and in life.

We love pics..if you can...both of your construction projects and your newest live mini! :banana:

Hello and welcome to our mini world. You've come to the right place to find help and companionship in your renewed hobby. Congratulations on the new baby.

Welcome to the forum!

We're probably going to purchase from our local craft/hobby store rather than ordering online, too. I'm not sure I'm happy about that as the selection isn't nearly as good, but that being said it's the easiest option right now for getting the kit and the materials that are necessary. We don't have internet at home right now (I get online at a friend's house) and I prefer to have my information stored only on my own personal computer.

Greenleaf's Company Store takes money orders & checks - they have some of the most beautiful kits available on the market - if I understand the process correctly, you place your order online & then you mail your payment in with a copy of the order.

Miniatures.com has a paper catalog that you can order from via regular mail. On the right hand side of their home page there is a link to request a catalog.

WELCOME to the forum! Congrats on the birth of your daughter. Most people here are parents, grandparents... and we do understand the time requirements made by children, other family members, jobs, and living in general. There is no rule on how much or little time you spend participating in the forum. Just know that we are here if you need mini info, or just to vent about life's little cruelties. We'll tackle any question you may have, and offer as much or as little advise and support as you ask for. Looking forward to hearing from you in other posts, as well as seeing pics of your mini work and family.

Once you get internet hookup at home you can order from the Greenleaf store, prices are reasonable & service is outstanding. HBS also has an automatic 10% discount for ordering online, or you can take advantage of their mini sales (there's usually a 50% off one item sale for April Fool's Day). Do take your time to read your way around the site. We're so glad you & the baby are here!

;) Hello Becki!

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! You have found a great place to meet people who share your interest in minis, and will find LOADS of support, friendship, and advice here!

The Greenleaf (line of) houses is definitely my favorite, but convincing my husband to let me order right now is going to be a bit of a hassle, I think. He wants me to start with something fairly small (and by extension, inexpensive kit) to make sure that I can do it and will stick with it.

I'm not one who doesn't stick with projects (honestly) but I often have so much going on and want to do several different projects at once. Given that I'm making all of my Christmas gifts for this year, I'm going to constantly have a lot of projects on the go at once. Right now I'm working on a cardigan for Evy (our baby) and a jacket for my mother. There are tons of other projects I'm waiting to start, too LOL

Welcome and hope you enjoy mini's. We have two new ones that are two months old. so I know that they take time but it si so fun to have grandbabies to love on. I have several projects going at once but you always find time for mini's Cayrol

Hi Becki - welcome to the forum! :wave: Hope you will have time to begin a dollhouse soon.

Congratulations on the birth of Evy - truly a wondrous event - considering the dreadful time she had getting here!

:) Welcome from another busy mom. CONGRATS on the new baby, post pics. Love to see baby girls (I have 2 girls and 2 boys). Has she got her daddy wrapped around her little baby finger yet? She is really a miracle with all the complications. You and hubby are very blessed, always a good thing to remember when it's 3 am and you want to sleep, or when they're older and have gotten on your last nerve. That's where mini's and other projects really come in handy for me...can't concentrate on them and stay mad at kiddos.

Terri