My First Dollhouse...Dura-Craft's Manchester Country House

Lindsay

I started this house around the beginning of December and this is still very much a work in progress--alot of trimwork still needing to be completed and I've not yet stained/polished the floors because I'm not sure what color would look good on them....The outside is nowhere near finshed--it's got a fairly detailed porch and balcony that will more than likely take up a good portion of my upcoming four-day weekend...

2142407551_5295659f2b_b.jpg

2143226118_84e72e3ca5_b.jpg

2142441695_882f08e293_b.jpg

2142535671_6b0b05fc24_b.jpg

2142553203_39562eecdb_b.jpg

Thanks everybody for the compliments..... as far as the wallpaper....I couldn't find any "dollhouse" wallpaper I actually liked so I ended up using scrapbook paper.

I can't get over the details......the child's room is just perfect, you expect to see a wee one in there playing! And the bathroom is really lovely....the details! You think of everything!

Wolfie

Again...thank you everyone for all your kind comments.

Tams...I think the reason I really was drawn to this house was for the porch....I'm working on it now and it's making me swear enough to make a sailor blush...but it will be quite lovely when it's done. I look forward to seeing what you will do with yours...

Val....do you have any photos of your house?

I hope to get the rest of the porch finished in the next couple of days...the bottom part's finished, working on the balcony now....

Bless my boyfriend...for christmas he got me a mini cut off saw...it's made working on the trim work and constructing the balcony pieces a hundred times easier at least. I shudder to think what it would have been like to cut all of these pieces by hand...

I built this house once before and I remember how mad I got at the porches! Unfortunately, I no longer have it, which is why I bought another one. I had thought about doing it up in an old-fashioned style, wood cook stove, etc., but looking at what you have done with yours makes me wonder if I should do it modern. This house is calling to me, but I have to wait until after we move to build it. Until then, I'll just enjoy your eye candy, so please keep it coming!

• 2 weeks later...

Again, thanks to everybody for the encouragement--or should I say enabling of a future dollhouse addict. I've since deleted a few of the photos from flickr as I forgot I posted them on here--they were old and I updated them as I kept rearranging things. I unfortunately don't see a way of editing old posts to delete the pictures that are missing...

There are more current photos in my greenleaf gallery and on flickr