Hello from Central Texas...

Lindsay

Okay...So I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks..I haven't quite gotten around to posting anything or introducing myself since I've been too busy reading through the forums to get ideas.... :)

My story....

I've always loved miniatures. When I was a kid I was hopelessly addicted to Sylvanian Families figures... (Does anyone even remember those little guys???)..Throughout my childhood years I collected quite a bit of miniature furniture and accessories...until one year my parents bought me the Duracraft Heritage for Christmas...That was almost 15 years ago. That dollhouse kit is still sitting in a box in my parents' basement because my dad opened the box...looked at the directions...closed the box and never opened it again....hehehe.

Fast forward many years until a few weeks ago...I was bored and window shopping on ebay...I thought..what the heck...I'm gonna be thirty in a few months so why not celebrate getting older by doing something that I've always wanted to do....build a dollhouse!

Hence...I placed my bet and became the new owner of a Duracraft Manchester Country House Dollhouse Kit.

I've been working on it the past couple of weeks and the forums have been a great resource for building and decorating tips. This will probably be the start of an obsession it seems..but that wouldn't be such a bad thing....

It's lovely to be here...and if anyone knows of anyone else on here who's built the Manchester Country House by Duracraft--I'd love to see pictures!

Well heck & howdy, Lindsay, and welcome to our "little" family. Maybe once you build the Manchester you can pry that Heritage out of your parents' basement!lol

I have built the San Franciscan and the Cambridge, both by Dura-Craft (no pictures of the SF, that was before I became hopelessly addicted to minis).

Hi Lindsay, and welcome to the community! I'm not familiar with the Manchester, but as soon as you have 5 posts you can open an album and show us.

As for Sylvanian families ... the Bulrush Family came from Scotland via eBay to live on this house boat.

Hello and welcome to the forum! If I were in your shoes I would get myself over to your parent's basement to pick up some things you left behind, including that Heritage kit! It's a doozie of a little house! Very very nice when finished!

You go girl!

Wolfie

Hi and :), Lindsay!! I have built three Duracraft houses, San Franisican, Bayberry Cottage and the Sweetheart. All three have albums in my gallery. I'm not familiar with the Manchester, but I'm sure you will find someone on here who has built one. Have you tried doing a search. I can't wait to see pictures of yours.

:wave:

:weolcome: and Hello Lindsay!

Sounds like your obsession is well underway! Those are both lovely houses! I'd be hauling butt over to my parents' and digging that Heritage out... you could work on one while paint or glue is drying on the other :thumb:

Heh....if mom and dad's basement wasn't 1500 miles away....

I don't even know if that Heritage kit is any good or if it's warped beyond belief...I don't think it's been stored properly...so it may be warped beyond repair. From what I've read it's hard enough to build that particular house without dealing with warped plywood...

Thank you everyone for the welcome =)

I'll be sure to post some pictures once I'm able...It's been a bit frustrating for me..evidently the Manchester wasn't that popular a house before Dura-Craft's demise and I've been having a devil of a time trying to find pictures of it online for inspiration...