Greetings...

Morticia

Hi,

Very cool site!

I finally decided to join after lurking for about a month or so. I'm 41 and started my first dollhouse last year, the Marquam Hill Mansion.

Unfortunately, I was only able to work on it for about 3 months or so, due to a move to a much smaller place.

I recently started again though, despite the lack of space, and I'm so happy. When it's done the main floor will be a funeral home. Same idea as the show 'Six Feet Under'.

I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Hello and Welcome.

My Marquam Hill Mansion is my favorite house. I think a funeral home on the first floor would be sooooo cool!

Are you going to have a embalming room too?

Oooo! You could put spare caskets in the attic!

Wow...

I certainly didn't expect this many greetings...

Actually the funeral home idea came even before I chose the house, that's another reason I picked the MHM.

I'm planning on making the kitchen area into the embalming room, so I'll probably have to add another floor on top of it to have a kitchen upstairs. I liked the idea of storing caskets in the attic, but then I'd have to figure out where to put an elevator to get them there :)

The basement idea is really cool also, just not sure how I'd go about raising the whole house, hmmm, maybe that could be the plan for the next one...

The last thing I need right now are even more ideas, I have way too many already...

Welcome, Morticia. Melissa bashed a wonderful casket out of leftover kit parts. Chekc with Tracy about bashing a basement onto your MHM. Maybe you could rig a pully system for lowering caskets from the attic.

! WELCOME!

ahhhh another MHM!

and a mortuary is a great idea especially for the MHM

Six foot under was one of my alltime fav shows....we hated to see it end!

as for a basement! I have an idea for you.....the house has to sit somewhere.....get a microwave cart on wheels that also has a shelf......than use the shelf area as the basement.

I can also see the kitchen room as an embalmers room with kitchen on top....will you be enlarging that section? my Dh and I built a large 2 story addition to ours....of course this makes this house as wide as it is tall! of course this is for our daughter as a future heirloom.....if it EVER gets done!

nutti :dog:

Thanks so much for all the great ideas. I really love the microwave cart idea. At the moment I have the house sitting on a coffee table with wheels, it has shelves underneath, but it's just not the right size to use as a basement.

At the moment I'm tackling the shingles. I had no clue it would be so time consuming, and a bit tricky with all of the angles. I've been going at it for a couple of days now and the scary thing is I see shingles when I close my eyes :)

I was planning on adding another floor above the kitchen area, and use that room as an office or a prep room. The only problem is that I thought of it after everything was put together, so I'm not really sure what to do about it at this point.