Greetings from Florida

tigerlilli

Hello Everyone! I am from Southern Florida, and in the process of building my first dollhouse. It is very exciting and rewarding already. I am planning on giving it to my mother for her 50th birthday in Feb. So I am a busy bee to get it looking beautiful for her, but in the process have fell in love with building dollhouses. I am already looking around for a second one, one I can build for me!

I am working on the Magnolia, and so far so good. I am only on day three but I have made quite a bit of progress. I am working on the front door now. It's exciting to see how everything starts to come together! I am loving it so far, it's bigger than I thought it would be, and I am so happy with my results thusfar, all except for the greuling hours of sanding... :(

Hello to all!

Not really sure yet about my second house. Any suggestions? I think the Magnolia is great for my first house, everyone told me that it would be a wonderful house for first timers. I like the size, and perhaps my next house I'd like to make a little bigger and more intricate.

I hope to put some pics up soon!

Welcome to the neighborhood Lorie!! I LOVE the Magnolia and I can not wait to see yours. Greg here has one of the coolest ones I have seen yet (I love how he bashed it). Your mom is in for a real pleasant surprise!! Take lots of pictures for you & her to treasure in the years to come. :(

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I know I am going to feel right at home here!

Can anyone tell me the best way to post my pictures? I have a few right now, but I know I will take alot more. I want to be able to share my progress with all of my new dollhouse builder friends, but am unsure of how to do that. Any help would be appreciated! :lol: Thanks!

Hi Lorie, welcome to the group! Now that you've posted more than 5 times, you can open your own gallery. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your Magnolia. Is this a surprise birthday present? Or is your mother able to watch your progress?

It's a surprise gift. But I am taking pictures of everything, just about every step of the way so that she can see the process in the end. I am going to present the dollhouse to her, decorated in her favorite colors and the rooms done in a bit of a replica of her own house, and some of her favorite things. My step-father and I are planning a surprise party and I am going to give it to her at her party as well as a scrapbook of the building process and what the rooms mean to me. So I hope she loves it, I know that she will!!

Thats awesome I can have a gallery now! Yay! I will certianly check into putting some of my pics up!

Welcome, Lorie!

Wellington didn't exist when I was growing up in West Palm Beach. DH did the "Big O" hike around Lake Okeechobee over the Thanksgiving holiday (he did all 110 miles in nine days) and the last four days we were all camped at the county campground west of Belle Glade, in South Bay. You live sort of between Loxahatchee (oh, the mosquito bites I got at GSA Camp Marjorie Daniels!) and Greenacres. I have seen the error of my ways and live halfway between Tallahassee and Bainbridge.

GA.

I LOVE the Magnolia, I think it's absolutely my favorite house. I am presently stitching a kitchen rug to go under the wicker dining table & chairs I made for it, alternating blocks of beets & eggplants.