what house do you want to see in 1/2?

sunshines_minis

If you are like me you are running out of room quickly. I am most likely switching to 1/2 for the space factor. I want to know what houses you think they need to make in 1/2? I personally would like to see all of them in 1/2 but which one would you like to see come out first?

A Beacon Hill. I used a gift certificate from the arbor contest and got both the mini Garfield and Beacon Hill. (Thanks Greenleaf) They are really cute. I still have not tackled them. I thought really small might be the answer to my space problems.

God, I would love to see any (and all) of these in half scale! I am completely out of room, to the point where dollhouses are on the floor and I can't walk through my room, so anything I could build with half the space would be a blessing.

I think the Westville would be a cute half scale house. I'm building it now in 1" and it's a nice house, but bigger than I was expecting for the number of rooms. Also maybe a Garfield, because I'd love a big mansion like that but I don't have the space for it. Or a Beacon Hill, for the same reasons. Or an Emerson Row or a Brookwood because I've always liked them.

Err, yeah. Like I said, pretty much anything in half scale would work for me.

I'd love to have the Garfield in 1/2 inch! OH It's the Mother of all houses! However, it's bigger than my real house, lol, so I couldn't have it in full sized glory!

I agree! The Garfield is my favorite, too, but 1 inch or 1/2 inch, it will have to wait quite awhile! I might have to build an addition to my RH for that one :p

As always, the Beacon Hill. A close second would be the Garfield. Its so adorable in 1/144 scale that it would be charming in the half scale. Thinking about how cute they would all look in half scale, I vote for every house to have a half scale little sister.

definitely all, but they would also need to get other manufacturers to come up with better furniture choices for 1/2 scale in decent prices.

I believe this is coming. I've been working on the half-inch scale house boat since last February. I really lucked out when I found a doll house shop closing out half scale items at half price. But since then, I've notice more and more half scale items in the various on-line shops. Cir-Kit Concepts has introduced a new line of half scale lighting, as have others. Yesterday the November issue of DollsHouse and Miniatures arrived with a supplement devoted to the construction of half-inch scale furniture and accessories and an editorial acknowledgment that half scale is gaining in popularity.

It's coming, Amanda. In the meantime, I used some 1:12 scale patterns to make 1:24 items ... just cut the dimensions in half and break out the magnifying bifocals! :wave:

I only build 1/2 inch scale dollhouses now. I would love to see the Glencroft done in half scale. I can't find a really nice english type cottage kit with the detail that the Glencroft has.