Hello from England, Hampshire

Hello to you all, I am a new member to this group and have recently bought a Greenleaf Garfield which I have not started yet, any help would be appreciated. I have built many houses from scratch and from kits but this is the biggest project I have attempted.

I already have five houses, six room boxes and a few 1/144th scale projects.

I live in the market town of Alton, in Hampshire, England and have a few friends who are also into minis.

We exhibit once a year at the Gilbert White & Oates Museum in Selborne, Hampshire and I often take workshop classes for other clubs around England.

I own my own kiln and pour and fire my own porcelain dolls house dolls, my twin sister who lives in Edinburgh, Scotland, (also into minis) wigs and dresses the dolls in different period styles.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Kind regards

Christine Hoggarth

Hi and :welcome: , Christine!! I would love to see pictures of your houses and dolls. I can't give advice on the Garfield, but there are plenty of people here who can. Enjoy!!

:wave:

The Garfield is a huge house (you can see my amateur attempts in my gallery) but after having built all those others, you shouldn't have any problems! You might want to "dry fit" and discover several areas where it will be a challenge to install wallpaper or flooring (like the hallway coming in to the kitchen from outside, or the upper room behing the staircase!)

We love pics here..after you've posted 5 times you can post pics and we'll all be eager to see them!

Christine, welcome! It's good to see a member here from the UK. With all of the interest in miniatures in the British Isles, I've wondered why we don't have more members from England. I hope you've opened the door.

I look forward to seeing your houses. I'm sure you can share a great deal with us! :welcome:

Hi and welcome. :welcome: The garfield is a big, beautiful house (my first build also, so many years ago). Your going to love building it.

I would also love to see pictures of your dolls and other houses.

Welcome to the forum, Christine. I look forward to seeing pictures of your dolls as well as the progress pictures of your Garfield build. I love to get inspired looking at pictures of the different English farmhouses & cottages.

Welcome Christine...The Garfield was my first build too...Nothing like starting with the biggest house! But now I am so into this hobby. Can't wait to see yours come to life!

• 4 weeks later...

hello, and welcome!

wow, that Garfield is such a fabulous house! congrats on your newest project.

glad you've found the forums, looking forward to hearing more about you and your builds and dolls,

:)