Hiya! Robert's Introduction

Hello All,

My name is Robert and I'm new to both the forum and the world of dollhouses & miniatures. :D

Ever since I was a boy, I have loved building things. ANYTHING. From Legos to Erector sets to model kits, I was constantly putting things together & taking them apart to do it all over again in a different way. I first fell in love with dollhouses when my father built one for my little sister. I watched his meticulous attention to detail as he assembled & decorated, wired & painted. I can still remember the joy in my sister's face when she saw it for the first time. For many years it was her favorite toy and I remember the endless hours she spent playing with it. Now my little sister is a grown woman with a family of her own, and she has asked me to build a dollhouse for her daughter. So now, after almost 30 years of admiring these small homes that can be decorated with such beautiful detail, I finally have an opportunity to build one for somebody.

It has been interesting to read the other introductions and see that the choice for my niece's first dollhouse - The Orchid - is such a popular choice. My sister has informed me that my niece likes "girly colors", which should go well with the details of the house. My wife (an interior designer) has already told me that since I have "no taste in colors" she will be choosing the paints for me. :unsure: At any rate, I'm excited to begin. If I have as much fun with building this dollhouse as I think I will, I intend to build more of them and donate them for raffles, charities, and local schools.

Happy Building!

Hello and welcome Robert! You will find much help here, in fact enough help so that you can probably pick out the colors for the orchid yourself! We have multitudes of folks who have built the Orchid and can give you lots of information and help with it.

Again welcome Robert,

Wolfie

*There`s an evil monkey in my closet!!!!!*

Welcome and Hello Robert!

The Orchid is a great first build. Good one to get your feet wet with before you delve into the harder more elaborate houses.

Can`t wait to see your progress!

Heidi

Welcome Robert. Glad you joined us. Your neice will love the Orchid and you will love the build. Warning, this is an addictive hobby--so go ahead and pick out a house to make for your wife to build next.

You will receive lots of support and help if you need it here.

Welcome to our "little " family on the web, Robert, it's always lovely to have another man to share this universally appealing hobby. 0001.gif

The Orchid was the second kit I built & decorated on the road, in our camper, so that should tell you something about what an easy, fun kit this is to put together.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I lived in San Jose for 15 years in the 70's to 1985. We started in Almaden Valley back when Almaden Expressway was a two lane street. I imagine it's changed quite a bit since then. Hope you enjoy building mini's.

Welcome, Robert! The Orchid is a very pretty house - your niece is a lucky little girl. I'm sure you will enjoy the build every bit as much as you think you will .... and then some. Why doesn't your wife start her own dollhouse? As an interior decorator she's sure to have lots of ideas of her own, and wouldn't it be more fun if you each had a house to work on?

• 2 weeks later...