Greetings from a newbie!

Corey

I am new to the world of dollhouses and minis.

I think I might be addicted

Welcome to the forum, Corey. What house(s) have you built/ are building? Are you an addicted builder/ maker or collector? Tell us more, and when you've made four more posts, share pictures of your minis with us.

Let's see.. I am 35 (yikes!), married to a Navy Pilot, and have a 2 1/2 year old. We are currently stationed in Newport, Rhode Island.

It is a bit strange that I have gotten into dollhouses since I am not very domestic and have no artistic talent. I am a Computer Analyst and am very analytical. That does come in handy since I have spent many nights thinking and analyzing how I am going to do my house. :D

I was driving down the road one day and passed this dollhouse shop. They had a beautiful huge dollhouse in the window so I stopped to look at it. The lady was super nice and had a ton of stuff in the store. Something came over me and I really wanted to buy that dollhouse - until she told me it was $3,500. I almost had a heart attack!

There was this pretty but sad looking pink house sitting on the floor. You could tell that it was once loved but had been neglected during the build. The lady talked me into buying it and gave me a deal. I am still not sure if I got a good deal or not but I am now the proud owner of an Apple Blossom house. I have since learned that the Apple Blossom is not the best of houses but I had no clue about any of it when I bought it and I really like the house.

I just finished tapewiring it and can not believe it actually works! I even have fabric up on a wall and it still works!! WOOT!

I have been taking photos along the way and would love to share them.

welcome to the forum!!

You will have to make a picturetrail as we loveeeeeeee eye candy!

:D

Do you mind pointing me in the right direction for posting my photos?

I usually use Kodak Gallery but dont think that will work well here.

Hi Corey, welcome to the Community! Once you have 5 posts, you will be able to start putting photos in your own personal Gallery (and you'll get a little Gallery button on your ID tag. :D

You can upload the photo files directly from your computer. It's pretty much self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, just ask!

That's a cute little house, and you've wired it already? Cool! That's the next big adventure I'm going to tackle...wiring a house. I've been reading all the books about it..and it still makes me nervous.. :D

Welcome, again!

That's a cute little house, and you've wired it already? Cool! That's the next big adventure I'm going to tackle...wiring a house. I've been reading all the books about it..and it still makes me nervous.. :D

Welcome, again!

I was so very nervous to wire it. I bought all of the supplies about two weeks ago and it took that long to work up the courage.I would sit there and stare at it each night because it just seemed so overwhelming. The lady at the dollhouse shop told me that I probably wouldnt be able to do it on my own so I was determined to prove her wrong.

Once I got going an got my first strip to work I was hooked! I read somewhere that once you figure out how to do one join then you know how to do it all and I found that to be true.

Good luck with yours! I am sure you will be fine and it will be great fun.

hello, and welcome!

it's nice to meet you, and BTW, that is a very adorable mini in the photograph with you. :banana:

looking forward to hearing more about you and about your house.

:D

Hi and :D ! We are glad to have you join us. Don't know if you already know, but there is a dollhouse show this weekend in Braintree, MA. I am meeting with a couple of other people from here to go on Sunday. You are more than welcome to join us. Let me know if you would like to.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your house. I noticed you have an empty gallery though it looks like you downloaded pictures. Did you make your album public? It is one of the options when you set it up. Otherwise you are the only one who can see your pictures.

Well, it great to have you here. Enjoy!!

:banana:

Thank you for bringing up the "public" vs "private" issue, Carrie. We can't see your pictures, Corey, until you check the box to make them "public".

BTW you really didn't have to tell your age, we have members of all ages here. Your 2 1/2 year old "mini" is adorable!

Carrie - Thanks so much for the invitation. I would love to go and will know more about my schedule later this week. I will let you know. Thanks again!

Thank you everyone for the kind words on my daughter. Her name is Addison and she is quite a character. She keeps me in stitches and I just love the 2 year old stage.. Although she may be making me gray. :D

Ok, I finally was able to upload some photos. I haven't figured out how to put them in order so they are backwards right now. I am familiar with message boards but this one is quite unique.

Addison is adorable! I remember those days well!

Your house is coming along nicely. I have never wired a house, so I greatly admire you for doing so!! Keep the pictures coming!

Welcome to the forum Corey! :rolleyes: I'm pretty new here too but there sure seem to be a lot of really nice people in here. I look forward to seeing how your house comes along.

I'm working on the Orchid right now and I'm kind of stuck at getting started on the wallpaper. I'm not sure of the theme of the house yet, but it'll come to me.

Sandy

Edited by SandDee

Welcome Corey! We are so glad you could join us.

It is a bit strange that I have gotten into dollhouses since I am not very domestic and have no artistic talent. I am a Computer Analyst and am very analytical. That does come in handy since I have spent many nights thinking and analyzing how I am going to do my house. :rolleyes:

Don't worry. I just started my Beacon Hill a month ago and I lack artistic talent and domesticity as well (is that even a word?!?). But I know you will learn a lot as you dive into your project, plus this forum has so much more information to share than you can even think of. So you're off to a good start by being here!!

Welcome to the forum Corey!

I live across the river from the Groton Sub base here in CT. If you cant make it to the Braintree, MA show, a bunch of us will be going to the mini show in Sturbridge, MA in June (its june right?). I cant wait for that one!

You are doing a great job.

Now pray tell, Who, What, Where is this Dollhouse shop you stumbled onto? Is it in Newport?