Madame Riaboushka's Ballet Studio

MiniMadWoman

I finished Madame's ballet studio today! I have to say that this is one of my most favorite rooms. It's a fairly simple room, but it's just so pretty!

I want to send a BIG thank you out to Peggi who was very generous in sending me the mirrored panels. I'm so happy she suggested them . . . they are so much nicer than what I was thinking of using!

I just need to add ballet bars and luscious drapes to the windows and this room is complete.

I've added pictures to my blog Ballet Studio

Here's a teaser!

post-267-1172720997_thumb.jpg

Teresa, it's beautiful! I love the way the mirrors reflect the parquet floor and open up the space. With the barre in place, it will be perfect. :banana:

The little square tiles on the floor: did you score them to create the look of individual boards or did they come that way?

Thanks ladies!

Kathie, the tiles came that way in the kit. I ordered the kits from 'Dollhouses and More'. They were about $15/kit.

Wow, beautiful room! Your floors are gorgeous - great job. Madame Riaboushka should be very happy with her new studio. I've heard from others that have used those vinyl slate tiles that they have to actually be glued on just like the wood shingles.

Valerie

I've heard from others that have used those vinyl slate tiles that they have to actually be glued on just like the wood shingles.

We thought about that, Valerie, but in all honesty, we really didn't like them anyway! Thanks!

What beautiful work!

I love everything about this house. The colors are beautiful! The wood flooring is beautiful! i love the effect that the mirrors give the whole studio.

I can't wait to see the final product!

Thank you so much everyone for your kind comments!

It looks great! Elegant pleated drapes or light tied back shears? Like tutus?

Hmm . . . like tutus . . . I never thought of that! I had planned on elegant drapes that puddle on the floor with shades behind them . . . I like your suggestion though . . . I may put some tulle in behind the drapes too and make them really froo-froo while I'm at it! Oh, now I'm all excited and I probably won't sleep thinking about the possibilities!! :banana:

Thank you so much everyone! :banana:

Will Mme R. be taking students soon?
She will, Jackie! I'm on the look-out for pretty little ballerina dolls!

it's fit for the Bolshoi's prima ballerina!

Hee, hee . . . c.j. it's funny you should say that . . . Madame Riaboushka is a retired Prima Ballerina from the Russian Imperial Ballet! She moved from Russia later in life to live and teach in the U.S.

It looks so real! I had to look twice at it to realize it's a roombox! Beautiful work! You must be so proud of it! Or you should be!

Thanks Wolfie! Actually it's a room in my Willowcrest. You can see the whole house in my blog or gallery at the links below.

Teresa, :yikes: now that is what I call major eye candy :yikes: Thanks for sharing your doing an awesome job as usual :thumb:

I was actually thinking of the heavy velvet puddled drapes, too, when I saw your finished room. Perhaps when rehearsals are over they can be pulled back behind some elegant drapery-holders so the lacy sheers will show.