Greetings from the Mid-South

winnie

Welcome to the forum, Kris. Are you a builder, a maker or a collector? In four more posts you can share pictures of your minis with us. If you're a builder, do you like kits or building from "scratch"? (I've done both, prefer kits.) We look forward to hearing more from you :giggle:

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I suppose it would have been polite to provide a little more information in my first post.

I am a collector, of sorts, not a builder (I hesitate to even try a "kit"). I fell in love with dollhouses as a young girl and was always envious of the friends that had one. Sometime in the '70's my parents gave me the 3-story Barbie townhouse for Christmas. I loved it until it's death (unintentionally by my little hands, of course!) and longed for a wood one.

In my early twenties I bought a kit (I couldn't tell you the name/brand to save my life), but long story short, that too got destroyed (but not by my big hands).

Present day finds me waiting to get the Orchid via USPS after ordering it on eBay (another addiction). I already have grand plans for it as this will be the Guest Cottage to the Garfield (future build).

Whew! Sorry for the long post...

Hello and welcome to the forum Kris, I know you will find alot of fun reading here as well as the great people around. There is always someone who has an idea on how to tackle the thing you have an issue with or just need to vent or get hints and tipes and ideas and...

Mini-hugs

Welcome to the forum!

so do you have any houses or will the Orchid be your first.

I hope you find our blogs helpful as you get started.

quite a few of us did them not to long ago.

I look forward to seeing your house prgress!

Happy Building

nutti :banana:

Hiya Nutti! (Love the name! Is it a legal name? hehehehe)

I plan on getting a dollhouse from Earth and Tree Miniatures (dollhouse-miniatures.com) next weekend. I haven't built a dh in 15+ years so you can imagine my excitement!!!!