The fabulous journey of Thelma the bear!

Steve_in_PA

Hi everyone.......I am a rule breaker, and I am sorry. I was getting ready to send Thelma off to Theresa when a newly widowed friend of ours showed up needing some support. I PROMISE I will get her out first thing in the morning!!!

I know you will all understand, just wanted to let everyone know so no one begins to worry. I will get some more pics off to Theresa later tonight as well. I am just finishing tidying up first....ya know that HOUSE stuff...thought I would spend a few hours at it tonight so I do not have a case of the guilts on my plate :flowers:

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thelma is off and on her way......we miss her already.....it is a beautiful day out...the thermometer is well above freezing finally and the sun is shining...nothing prettier in the North.

Thelma has a hockey stick to remind her of skating and seeing the kids play, and of course it IS the GREAT CANADIAN PASSTIME, she also has an orchid I made with her to add some elegance to her studio.

She went to Teresa (mini mad woman) xpresspost with tracking # CE 466 420 066 CA and can be tracked at www.canadapost.ca. She should arrive in Wisconsin in 6 business days so that should be by WED next week. I still have to get the photos to Teresa but will later tonight I hope. Crazy busy day today.

Safe travels Thelma!!!! She was quite a daredevil while she was here, going out of bounds in the snow and swinging on 38 foot saws!! But she came out of it all without so much as a scuff and I think she had some fun, I know we did!!

It sounds like she had such a great time with you and your family! thank you so much for taking great care of her and bringing the "dare devil" out in her :)

travel safe thelma!!! I cant wait to see the rest of the pics :wave:

I've added Michelle's pictures to the album here http://btmartens.myphotoalbum.com/view_alb...um41&page=1

Looks like she had a great time! I'm anticipating her arrival. I've arranged a tea party in her honor as everyone here is excited to meet her!

I'll be on the look out for her!! :wave:

Thanks for posting the pics! they are great!

a tea party? o thelma LOVES tea parties!!! how exciting for her! i bet shes dancing around in her box with anticipation!!!

I've been keeping a keen eye on the postman. I think he's beginning to get suspicious . . . wait until I tell him he just delivered a bear! :rofl:

The 'Tea Party' invitations are going out today. I sure hope Thelma likes scones and butter tarts! :thumb:

Come to think of it . . . I sure hope she arrives before the 18th! :rofl:

post-267-1173460077_thumb.jpg

Don't these post offices realize that Thelma is a VIP. They should be treating her accordingly. I wonder if Thelma goes into bear hibernation mode when she's travelling in her box (tucked up in the cozy little bed and blanket that Steve and Madeline made for her.

-Susanne

I haven't been able to post lately, but I have been following Thelma's travels. As with all our past travelers, she looks like she is having a ball!! I was wondering.....maybe next time we could put me in a box & send me around to visit everyone!!!

ok...maybe that's not a good idea!

I haven't been able to post lately, but I have been following Thelma's travels. As with all our past travelers, she looks like she is having a ball!! I was wondering.....maybe next time we could put me in a box & send me around to visit everyone!!!

ok...maybe that's not a good idea!

Since I'm sure you won't fit into any of the dollhouse beds, you'll be stuck sleeping with Missymew. She has her own bedroom (pink, of course) with a Queen sized bed. She's very cuddly.

Just let us know when you're coming.

-Susanne

Here are a couple more photos of Thelma from her last night here. Everyone was going to miss her so thaty had a good cuddle each. Midnight is as laidback as the night is dark, Oreo is a little more skittish but really loves being mom (mostly to zap straps outta Alex's zap cars....ok she is weird lol) and Izzy just loves playing mom and cuddling all babies and Thelma was one to her!!

I hope thelma is having a good time traveling! i sure miss her!

I think that Thelma stalls at the border crossings. It's deliberate on her part you kow. She's quite a flirt with the customs duty officers.

Thelma left here a week before the hockey player Mark Messier was in town. We had a jersey raising ceremony and named a street after him in honour of the years that he played here with the Edmonton Oilers.

Otherwise, I could have gotten a couple of photos of Mark holding her. There was a private reception just before the public meet and greet.

-Susanne

Oh, Susanne, how great would that have been! I could have touched the bear who was touched by Mark Messier!! I always loved Mark, he was one of my favorite players, next to Wayne Gretzky of course!!