The fabulous journey of Thelma the bear!

Steve_in_PA

Thelma has arrived!! She is safe and sound and is taking a long, hot bath after being cooped up in that postal box. Then we're taking her to Culver's for cheese curds!

I know the rule is to keep her for only three days, but would anyone mind if I kept her until Monday? I didn't think she'd be here that fast and I've planned a tea party for her on Sunday! :welcome:

Here's a picture of Gerry (our postman) delivering her. He was very interested in her story!

post-267-1173820496_thumb.jpg

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone will mind, Teresa, we all know you've planned this party for quite a while. Thelma would be so disappointed if she missed it.

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She made it.....phewwww I always worry about the borders........I am officially of the hook of responsibility....I would die if anything happened to her!!! give her a hug from Izzy and the Racher crew, we miss her!

Enjoy her!!!!!!!!!

I've uploaded pictures of Thelma on her first day at my house. You can view them here http://btmartens.myphotoalbum.com/view_alb...bumName=album34

She's very happy to be out of the box and is ready for her new adventures! She's sleeping at Miss Pennethorne's tonight . . . we'll see what tomorrow brings!

ooo goood!! she made it!!! ooo im so excited!!! of course you can keep her tell monday! i know she must be having a blast! and what an honor for her to be staying in your beautiful beacon hill! she looked right at home in the ballet studio in your willowcrest! im so glad shes happy and safe :lol: have fun with her! and thank u for taking such great care of her :ohyeah:

Teresa -

What a wonderful time Thelma is having at your home. A ballet studio to practice in - how perfect.

Do watch her though - she's an incredible flirt. I looked at Thelma with different eyes on the evening that Ray asked if he could take Thelma in to work with him the following morning.

-Susanne

I know what you mean Susanne . . . I'll be keeping my eyes on her! :lol:

She had a great night and had breakfast with Miss Pennethorne this morning. I'll post pictures later tonight.

Thanks, Jenny! We are having a good time. She's been all over the place visiting and has charmed everyone! Today she's going to lunch and a movie with a friend of mine. Hope she likes Diane Keaton! :wave:

I'll post pictures later tonight!

Well, Thelma declined going to lunch and a movie with me . . . she said she'd rather visit 'Mother Goose' and then have high tea at 'Hyacinth's Periwinkle Tea Cottage'. Who am I to argue? :whistle: Looks like she had a great day!

I've uploaded some new pictures here http://btmartens.myphotoalbum.com/view_alb...bumName=album34

Enjoy!

BTW, I was just about to upload some photos of Thelma at the 'Heart Arbor' and then I realized . . . I CAN'T DO THAT YET! :lol: They're really cute too! :yes:

BTW, I was just about to upload some photos of Thelma at the 'Heart Arbor' and then I realized . . . I CAN'T DO THAT YET! They're really cute too!

Oh teresa the photos are lovely!!! meeting mother goose, the 3 blind mice.. touring all your beautiful homes... that is one lucky bear!!! thank you SO very much for tkaing such great care of her!

ooo i cant wait to see those photos of her with your arbor entry. thelma will be so pleased to see mine finished when she gets home!! she helped me do the first few steps of mine :thank_you:

I just received a note from 'Deborah' advising us that she'll have to be removed from hosting Thelma. She sends her sincerest apologies, but she is having some health issues that need to be addressed at this time.

Please join me in wishing 'Deborah' a speedy recovery!

thelma looks to be having a marvelous time visiting at Teresa's. such posh places! i think that the photo at the pond is the most absolutely adorable of all.

Hey, deborah, sending best wishes for smooth and speedy recovery!

Deborah -

I'm sorry to hear that you're not well. I'll send up prayers for you.

Thelma is such a doll (well, actually she's a bear) and a delight to have as a guest.

Teresa -

So is tomorrow the tea party? Ooooh wish I could be there - I know you'll have such fun. I love tea parties. My granddaughter, Shalean, and I used to have such fun tea parties. I'd set the table with tablecloth, candles (ladybug candles - Shalean's favourite) and our honeybee tea set. We'd have teeny little tea cakes. Shalean loved to pour the tea (and she'd give many refills). I miss those times.

Oh well, at least I'll be able to enjoy the photos.

-Susanne

Susanne, we had the Tea Party today! It was so much fun and I think Thelma really enjoyed herself! I'll post pictures tomorrow . . . I have to recharge my camera . . . I used all the battery juice up today! :banana:

We made foamie picture frames and each person who came to the party made one for Thelma to take home with her . . . too cute!

Teresa -

I'm so glad to hear that the tea party went well. I knew it would. Ray and I have just finished our evening devotional and prayertime, and I logged on hoping to hear news about the tea party. As I've said before - I love tea parties. My granddaughter Shalean used to love to "dress up" in either her princess costume or as a ballerina. Sometimes I'd invite an older neighbour girl to the teaparties. She'd come dressed up in a long dress, hat and gloves. We'd have such fun.

I look forward to seeing the photos tomorrow.

-Susanne

Susanne, it's so much fun to play dressup! I bought Aleah a dress last week to wear today and she looked so pretty (I'll post a picture of her later). No matter what they say I think girls like to primp up and have tea parties . . . I think it's very special as it doesn't happen every day!