The fabulous journey of Thelma the bear!

Steve_in_PA

Thelma had absolutly no intrest in meeting my teenage son and said he is rude for laughing at me while we were playing in the tulips. I will try to have some pics up tonight.

Melissa

Thelma seems to prefer men who are a little older. Watch her around Darrell!

-Susanne

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad Thelma has made it to your house safely, Melissa. I was a little worried about her taking such a long trip!

I have no doubt she really enjoyed romping through the tulips. Poor thing only got to see mushy snow and brown vegetation during her visit here! Do you think the young lady who's getting married will allow Thelma to go along on the gown hunt?

Please give her a hug for me also, and enjoy your time with her!

Melissa, I'm back from Chicago, so anytime you want to email pictures to me, I'm ready!

I'm glad Thelma has arrived safely and I can't wait to see what adventures she gets into with you!

Melissa, I'm back from Chicago, so anytime you want to email pictures to me, I'm ready!

I'm glad Thelma has arrived safely and I can't wait to see what adventures she gets into with you!

I will get all the pictures sized to the correct size and sent to you as soon as I have her packed up to leave.

So far Thelma has tiptoed through the tulips. saw my small doll colection and was gratefull they were sealed in their boxes, visited with some of our kids, fixed the fire damage in my kitchen, sneeked off into darrell's pocket of his work shirt in order to avoid me giving her more work to do. Little did she know Darrell put her to work at the store. She went and visited sundial bridge, which is a glass suspension bridge. We have more planed for her tomorrow and will send her of to her next destination on Monday.

Melissa

hi everyone. i just wanted to check in. im very sorry i have been mia the passed few days. im very sick and have no voice. the doctor said its bronchitis and that it seems to be getting worse. ive had a temp of 101 for the passed 2 days. i'll try to catch up on the all the posts and threads later today. thank u so much for taking such good care of thelma.

awww, jenny, that sounds really miserable!

thelma probably would ask you to have some tea with hunny, so i'll send some via cybermail.

best wishes for smooth and steady improvement, hope you're feeling a LOT better, and soon!

Hey, Melissa! I'm anxious for you to share the pictures you took of me during my visit! Get them sent to Teresa, please!! :giggle:

Thelma -

Hope you're not taking up too much computer time at Darrel and Mellissa's home. If you're on the computer, how can they download the pictures? Are there any tulips for you to tippy toe through today? It's snowing (again) here in Edmonton today.

-Susanne

:giggle: Oh, wow! According to the schedule, she's coming HERE next! I've gotta clean! I've gotta finish up my San Franciscan! I've gotta figure out what I'm going to send with her! Ack! (panic, panic) :harhar1:

Thelma is now on her way. The pictures are taking longer then I had exoected to be able to have the time to soze them. This weekend was so full of wedding plans Three girls age 20-22 and 2 are brides in the next 11 months and they are all bridesmaids or such at each others wedding, Halls had to be checked dresses ordered and sized and today was a visit to anothe hall. with dress shopping for that wedding next month. The first wedding will be June 21st with the colors of black and whaite. we are all not thrilled to wear black to an outdoor wedding in the middle of summer where temps often reach in the 100's sheesh. The second wedding in in the end of February next year and the color for that one is white and blue and will be inside. Thelma wanted nothing to do with wedding plans and often sat and played visoe games with my son durring all this discussion.

Melissa

who will try to get the pics sent tomorrow if she can find time.

I received Melissa's pictures this morning! I have to go out later this morning for awhile, but when I get back I'll upload them into her gallery! I bet ya'll can't wait!

I have posted Melissa's pictures in her Photo Album. Enjoy!

Edited by MiniMadWoman

The pictures are wonderful. I'll bet Thelma's favourite job was babysitting.

I couldn't believe the photos of tulips in bloom, flower gardens, visiting garden centres and people walking around in their shirt sleeves. It's been snowing here for the past couple of days. Hopefully, all of the tulip bulbs are still buried deep in the ground so they don't freeze.

How beautiful to see the flowers ... so early for me. In Edmonton we usually don't start planting flowers until the May long weekend. Seeds can go into the ground later this month .... but we have to wait until the snow stops.

-Susanne

What wonderful pictures, Melissa! I certainly looks like Thelma had a fantastic time with you, even though chores really aren't her thang. I think your new avatar is just precious!

You might want to show Thelma what we woke up to this morning........

...and she'll be especailly happy that she's in a warmer place! :wave:

post-1754-1175639963_thumb.jpg

This was what we woke up to yesterday morning .... there's more and it's still coming down today.

BTW, the cat (I call him Ginger) is just a regular visitor to our home. He belongs to a neighbour (somewhere) and seems to be very well looked after. He's been coming around for years. He comes in through the cat door, eats, plays toys, sometimes has a nap, and then goes home. He's a doll. Very gentle and relaxed. He was a good friend to Dudley for many years.

-Susanne

Susanne, that is so sweet! Looks like Ginger has adopted you too!!

I can't believe it's still snowing . . . uggghhhh!! We're expecting snow sometime through the night and tomorrow. I can't stand it anymore!! But, really, what choice do I have? . . . and don't say move . . . our sunroom has started being built and there's no way we're moving now!! They're going to have to carry me out of here deader than a doornail! :wave:

No wonder you all have so much time to work on dollhouses. It's freezing there. Way too cold to spend any time outside. Here it's 5 PM and 76 F. Sunny, warm, with just an occasional slight breeze. We needed to have Thelma stay a bit longer as it's plant the vegetable garden time now. Too bad she had to continue on her trip as I know she's excited about all those she has yet to visit.

Hope it eventually warms up for the rest of you.

smiles n waves,

Darrell

Hi everyone! the photos are great!! im so gald thelma has been having such a great time with you melissa. And thank you for posting the pics Teresa! Im gonna hve to read through all the thread and see what ive missed. Im finally slowly feeling back to normal again after this terrible bronchitis. I think what made it worse was that i kept going to work. Unfortunatly me getting sick was very bad timing because our company was just bought out by a bigger company. and since im incharge or AP and HR for our divison i had to be there for the entire transision. So i have not healed as fast as i normally would.

im so glad thelma is having such a great time! this is so much fun!

Jenny, I was thinking about you yesterday and I'm glad to see that you're feeling better! You've been missed around here! Hope you are well on your way to mending! Bronchitis can be a terrible thing to get rid of!

Thelma should have arrived at her next destination by now, I would think! Thelma, oh Thelma, where are you?!!!

Hi all! I just got home from practice and Thelma was waiting on my doorstep! It's a good thing I had today off for Good Friday! I'll email pictures to Teresa later.

Well....She's half way through her odyssey!!! Do you miss her badly, Jenny-Mom ? You should have packed a cell phone with her so she could call home. Does anyone have any idea how many miles she travelled so far??

Steve in PA

Does anyone have any idea how many miles she travelled so far??

Steve, to date Thelma has travelled 14,635.99 miles! What a trooper!! She has 7 stops left before heading home.

I've received Esther's pictures and will post them later . . . have to go and feed the birds first!