The fabulous journey of Thelma the bear!

Steve_in_PA

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We took the last pics of Thelma & sent them on to Teresa. For her journey, I made her a travel bed & Madeline crocheted her a blanket & pillow. On the cd that is in her box, there is over 70 pics that we took of her while she was here. Everyone is welcome to view & copy her cd & dvd, but please remember to put them back in her box. Is everyone having fun?? Kids never really grow up!!!

These are the last pictures from Steve http://btmartens.myphotoalbum.com/view_alb...bumName=album32

She's on her way to Canada . . . it will be interesting to see how long it takes. When I send a package it takes anywhere from one to two weeks. Hope Thelma has a great trip . . . eh!!

the trip is going so well, and i love the photos. thanks, everyone!

what a relief to see that Thelma had plenty of Tastycakes to sustain her in the pennsylvania winter. :)

it was great to see her touring the wizard's house, the town, fire station, barber shop -- she was so busy that i'm not surprised that she didn't have time to practice her ballet.

but where in the world does she put all those calories?? steve, did she claim that she'd be doing stretches during the trip to canada? :doh: yeah, right!

Thelma is running late! We got up this morning to a very nice ice storm! Our post office won't open until 10 am, so I will try to get her there, since I have to be out anyway. Don't worry , Mom Jenny. She is safe & sound and warm & waterproof in her travel box. I will confirm later that she is on her way.

Thelma is on the road!! It tood some doing, but I got her to the post office. They didn't give me an estimate on how long it would take. I sent the tracking number to Jenny. We hated to see her go, but I'm glad that's over!!!

Thelma's twin sister!!!!!!! Oh does Jenny know :o Jenny......me thinks you HAVE to get Thelma her twin sister back lol

Guess she will be here in a week or two depending on the snowshoe mail team...I swear my arbor is comming by snowshoe.......Maybe Misseymew and I should just drive five or six hours each and meet in the middle...NOT...if it were summer may be different.....Jasper for lunch would be nice then lol

If it was summer - I'd definitely take you up on the offer to meet in Jasper. My brother lived there (owned a bookstore) for about 9 years.

Temperatures are going to start to warm up later today, so hopefully it won't be too cold for Thelma during her visit.

-Susanne

yep ive been thinkin about it :o actually im think about bashing either a primarose or sugar plum to 1/2 inch scale. ( think thats about her size...)

yep the wheels in my head are turning.. but i cant even think about doing that tell i finish feb's swap...heart arbor entry... then there is my emerson row.... and aprils swap... and then my moms tennyson... ya im a busy girl!! LOL to many projects at once! ahh!! LOL

Hope Thelma enjoys her vacation travel across the border. It's warming up here later today.

I've explained to Missymew that since Thelma is just a little bear that she can sleep in the dollhouses. That made Missymew very sad, so I told her she could cuddle up with Thelma for one sleep. I'll take a photo - Missymew is VERY cuddly. Mind you, Dudley so loved to cuddle up with a teddybear. I've got loads of pictures of him snuggling up with stuffed animals. I guess that's where Missymew learned to be such a good cuddler.

I'm planning to take Thelma to West Edmonton Mall - hope she'll enjoy shopping. WEM used to be the World's largest shopping centre (it's larger than the Mall of Americas), but recently Japan opened a larger shopping centre. Anyway, WEM even has a clothing store for ... now get this: stuffed animals. That's right you can get shoes, clothing and accessories for stuffed animals.

-Susanne

Susanne, we have a stuffed animal store too . . . it's called 'Build a Bear'. It has all kinds of clothing and accessories for stuffed animals.

Oh, please treat Thelma to a 'Purdy's' ice cream or some Raspberry caramels . . . mmmmmm . . . my favorites!! They don't have 'Purdy's' in the US! :o

oh my gosh! too cute!!

ok now i really want one...

i was at target the other day and in the toy section they actually sell "build a bear sets" now... smaller versions of different animals with clothes and stuff to put on them. very cute :o