The fabulous journey of Thelma the bear!

Steve_in_PA

Hi All, This is the journey of Thelma the Bear as she travels around the U.S. & Canada visiting friends. She left sunny San Diego, CA & arrived safe and sound here in cold Marietta,PA. She spent most of yesterday just lounging around & checking out all the dollhouses here at Steve & Madeline's. Later today we will send some pics to Teresa to put on her web page. We hoped to wait until tomorrow & shoot a video of Thelma going to the Amish Farmer's Market, but they are calling for a serious snow storm, so we may do it today & just go around town & out to the country store.

For those who asked , Thelma is 3 3/4" tall, on her tippy-toes. And you can see the guidlines for her visit at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smb900

Later today we will post more about her adventures in Marietta,PA

Steve & Madeline

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Thelma's journey is about to begin! She is currently staying with Steve right now, and on wednsday she will be heading off to the next host! I started a new thread that will just be about her travels since the other thread got so full. So this thread is replacing "Next Traveler: Thelma the bear".

I want to thank Steve and Theresa for all their hard work on this trip! You 2 are great :yes:

Compliments of Steve here is the schedule...

1/ PA Steve in PA

2/ Canada MissyMew

3/ Canada LumberJacksGurl

4/ WI MiniMadWoman

5/ ME Laurentia Fletwick

6/ CA DarrellAndMelissa

7/ MI Esther

8/ AR Deborah

9/ NJ MiniJunkie

10/ ME Kalygurl

11/ GA Blue_Moon992

12/ MI Grynche

13/ MI Deana

14/ NC NewToMinis

HOME....CA

This is gonna be alot of fun B)

post-505-1171287717_thumb.jpg

I'm glad I'm further up on the list with this one!! With the 'Twins' it was like being picked last for the baseball team! :birthday: Really though, I don't mind where I'm at . . . I'm just happy to participate in all the fun!!

No spring blossoms here . . . we're getting snow, snow and more snow!

If my figuring is correct, I should be seeing her about the last week of March, or possibly the first week in April...hmmm that would be the week of Easter. Sounds great to me!

We just got home!! Steve put me in a safety travel container & we did a video all over Marietta. I even went down to see the Susquehanna River. After that we rode out to the country store to stock up on some homemade goodies before the snow hits here tomorrow. I had a lot of stuff I never heard of before! I had some broccoli salad & a red beet egg, & some homemade cheese & finished it off with some chocolate eclair cake!!! I must take a nap now. Later we are going to take pics of Steve's dollhouses. I will write more later.

love , Thelma

O my cute lil Thelma!! its so good to see a pic of her :wish: ive missed her so! looks like i need to get her a gym memebership when she gets home though with all the food :birthday:

Thanks Steve and Theresa!

ooo i have some man good plans for thelma's tiny house! im thinking about taking out all the petite princess furniture i have in my willowcrest and putting that in a house for her!

I have been thinking about bashing that upstairs pink room in the willowcrest anyways. i want to put bunk beds in it for the boy and girl and a crib for the baby... oo so many ideas!!!

Steve, if you keep feeding her like that, she's not going to fit into her tutu anymore! Make sure she practices her ballet, so she stays in shape!

Uh oh, Missymew is looking forward to having Thelma spend time with her enjoying her favourite activities: eating, sleeping and cuddling!!

I'll let Missymew know that Thelma must also practice her ballet.

-Susanne

3 3/4" tall. That's fine. I was worried she'd be something and 15/32nds or 19/64ths and I just can't count all those little black lines to save my soul. Quarter inches, piece of cake. Which reminds me, add "cake" to list of things to get for Thelma. :birthday:

Tue. morning.....Madeline just left for work, the puppies had their breakfast, I had my coffee & Thelma is still in bed!! I'm gonna' roll her out soon. We need to take pics & do some work out in the shop. It's snowing pretty good right now, so I expect Madeline home from work early. Will send some pics later today.

Well, I finally got her up! She went to the restaurant for breakfast. (I'd hate to have to feed her all the time!) Then she went to Bob's Barber Shop to primp up a bit. Then to visit 'Fireman Steve' at the fire house. She says she's tired already, but later she is going out to the shop to help me work. I'll let her rest a little, I have to make a run to the real firehouse. Then back home to work! Pics have been sent to teresa.

Well....We had a busy day! Shoveling snow & working in the shop. Right now we are burning copies of Thelma's DVD. It will be included in her box, so that all can see her adventures. We will take the last of her pics tonight & get them out to Teresa. Then tomorrow morning she will be on her way to Canada!! We had fun during her visit here, but I'd hate to have to feed her all the time!! We tried to get her to practice her dance & exercise, but she has a mind of her own!!

Thelma's twin sister!!!!!!! Oh does Jenny know :doh: Jenny......me thinks you HAVE to get Thelma her twin sister back lol

Guess she will be here in a week or two depending on the snowshoe mail team...I swear my arbor is comming by snowshoe.......Maybe Misseymew and I should just drive five or six hours each and meet in the middle...NOT...if it were summer may be different.....Jasper for lunch would be nice then lol