playjamm

Hi: I thought I was out of my field to build dollhouses. I just finished remodeling my kitchen with my hubbies help and others. It took about a year to do. I feel that I can build a doll house surely with that under my belt. I am looking forward to starting. I have seperated all the sheets and put them in zip lock bags and tried to enlarge my instructions and sheets with the pieces. Did work but not to clear on printings. I wish the printing was larger on the punch out paper sheets. I have to use a magnifying glass to be able to see the writing. I am a SR. Citzen. so it is a little bit hard to see. I just wanted to say hi.

playjamm

Hi: I thought I was out of my field to build dollhouses. I just finished remodeling my kitchen with my hubbies help and others. It took about a year to do. I feel that I can build a doll house surely with that under my belt. I am looking forward to starting. I have seperated all the sheets and put them in zip lock bags and tried to enlarge my instructions and sheets with the pieces. Did work but not to clear on printings. I wish the printing was larger on the punch out paper sheets. I have to use a magnifying glass to be able to see the writing. I am a SR. Citzen. so it is a little bit hard to see. I just wanted to say hi.

playjamm

:banana: hello, welcome to this forum.There's truely lots too see!

Cher

Julia -

Hi and welcome. Glad you've joined our site. I frequently use magnification lenses when working with miniatures as well. I'm also interested in knowing which house you're working on right now. We love to see photos here.

-Susanne

hello, and welcome!

please do tell us what you're building, and about your plans for the house.

the forms here are really great. there are all kinds of useful photos in the galleries.

most important, the people are fun, interesting, and remarkably generous with their time and help.

glad you're joining in! :banana:

Hi and welcome to the forums. :welcome:

I am almost to the point of needing something to magnify for me. I usually just look over the top of my glasses. :wave: I did see a really neat 'third hand' thing at Radio Shack that has a magnifying glass and a bunch of little clips. It was pretty reasonably price. You may lokk into that.

Welcome to the forum!

I hope you find something that will help you magnify the instructions....is the house a Greenleaf house?

somewhere around here you can DL the instructions for some of the houses

if yours is one of them...perhaps making the font larger when printing would help.

I look forward to seeing your progress!

Happy Building

nutti :welcome: :wave:

Hi everyone. I am starting to work on The Orchid by Greenleaf. I purchased it for 25.00 at Hobby Lobby here in

Oklahoma. I noticed today that it was cheaper here than what I could find on several different web sites. Do any of you know where I can get either instructions on making my own furniture and curtains, towels, bedding, etc. Home furnishings, decorations on line or where I can get a catalogue to order patterns and other ideas. It was so nice today to see everyone welcoming me. I get lonely at times for other peoples interests in the outside world. I'm kind of a home body and love to do crafts. This is my first attempt at a project of this manner. I have always wanted to do this and until recently felt like I could afford it. It sure is going to be fun. If you are prayer friends, my son Josh

is overseas in Iraq in Mosul. Please remember him in your prayers daily and in your home church.

Thanks again.

playjamm

My eldest son was in Afghanistan and I continue to pray for all the sons & daughters still in harm's way all over the world.

There are a number of books available & out of print (hunt them down on the used book sites) for making mini furniture, as well as taking books with full-sized furniture measured drawings & reducing the dimensions by dividing by 12. Check this section for links that include furniture and accessories.

Hello and a belated welcome to the forum Julia! I now you will get a lot of hints and tips around here as well as finding great friends!Looking forward seeing your work as well!

Mini-hugs