Hi from a new mini enthusiast in WV

Sheila S

I am new to miniatures but so far I love my new hobby! I am currently building The Magnolia for my teenage daughter. This is my first attempt at building a house so it is a little rough around the edges. I want to build a house next for myself and I can't decide between The Garfield or Beacon Hill! I look forward to getting to know fellow mini lovers. :flowers:

Welcome, Sheila! Why don't you see if your daughter would also like to join the forum? Will she be decorating her house when it's built? As to which house to choose ... that's a toughie ... they're all great! ;)

Welcome to the neighborhood! This is a BEAUTIFUL house with large and spacious rooms too! Your daughter will LOVE it!!

You can see pictures of the one I built last month by clicking here:

2952815380037881673UUvBvh_th.jpg

I will move these pictures in a blog here on our forum soon too!

:lol: to the forum. I'm planning to start a Magnolia soon. I have built a couple of kits including Greenleaf, Corona Concepts and Dura-Craft, and have fought issues with the wood that I will gladly fight rather than deal with MDF (a roombox I made for one of our DSs). The results are so very worth the process of sanding, filling, sealing, etc. My first kit took me 3 1/2 years (working & going to nursing school full-time), so there's no hurry and taking your time gives you a wonderful chance to work out ideas you may want to try.