My first 1/48th scale house done

Minis On The Edge

I have never done and completed a Quarter scale house before. I have done the outsides but Ihave never finish the insides (Cause usually the back was closed). Well, I have put paperclay, flowers and even smoke in the chimney stack :) .

You can see the pictures by clicking here:

2798513980037881673lkrwVj_th.jpg

:)

It looks like one of the houses from the GL Town (I have that kit & want to build it one of these days!). Are you going to keep this one, Tracy? If youor new house has a gardenroom it would be such a cool place for all the 1:48 GL buildings!

You have done such a beautiful job! I wish I could work with things that tiny. My hands and eyes won't cooperate, lol. I'll stick to enjoying everyone elses wonderful creations. I love this little house!

Thank you all for your sweet words! I had a lot of fun doing it. I just wish I had used lighter colors because the colors I have is too dark for this scale (To me anyway) But I had so much fun doing it. The original kit did not have a chimney or fireplace and it was just one room upstairs and one room downstairs so I added the walls too :)

It looks like one of the houses from the GL Town (I have that kit & want to build it one of these days!). Are you going to keep this one, Tracy? If youor new house has a gardenroom it would be such a cool place for all the 1:48 GL buildings!

This one is about the size of the Arthur from the Greenleaf town. I was gonna keep it but have started another one that I like better :huh: I think I wanted siding on the house I keep ;) Rachel Built one last night and it only took her 1 hour. No child labor laws were broken :wub: she was interested and bored at the time :laughbounce: She plans on painting it this afternoon.

well I hope you and Rachel decide to post her house photos here as well!

I saw these kits on e-bay today and I am sorely tempted....wonder if DH would mind?

ROFL I am not gonna even ask! :huh:

I have to many kits in the closet again. I just love to be addicted to dollhouses

I wish one of you decorators would move closer so I could just build and not bother with the decorating!

nutti :laughbounce:

Tracy that turned out sooo cute! Wanna see Rachel's too, y'know :laughbounce:

Really must try some of these -- they take up so little room and are apparently lots quicker than 1/12th. Thanks for the inspiration :huh:

Wow Tracy! I am completely stunned! That is absolutely fantastic! And I must bow to you--I know about paperclaying and all, and the scale in which you have done this has me completely in awe!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Tracy that turned out sooo cute! Wanna see Rachel's too, y'know

Really must try some of these -- they take up so little room and are apparently lots quicker than 1/12th. Thanks for the inspiration

Charlene, when she paints it I will post pictures here. She is VERY proud of herself because she sees she can build a dollhouse just like mom by herself :)

Wow Tracy! I am completely stunned! That is absolutely fantastic! And I must bow to you--I know about paperclaying and all, and the scale in which you have done this has me completely in awe!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Thank You so much Linda :hug: You really got me blushing over here. :yes:

well I hope you and Rachel decide to post her house photos here as well!

I saw these kits on e-bay today and I am sorely tempted....wonder if DH would mind?

ROFL I am not gonna even ask!

Nutti, I promise I will post the pictures as soon as she paints it. She has picked out herself some of my furniture and says she can do better with clay herself :lol: she made a couch about 1 month ago and I was totally impressed with her eye for size and scale. She was making it for a 1/4th scale house I abandoned now :whistle: It was too hard (I electrified it and I can see the wires and it is driving me crazy so I quit :thumb: .

You have done such a beautiful job! I wish I could work with things that tiny. My hands and eyes won't cooperate, lol. I'll stick to enjoying everyone elses wonderful creations. I love this little house!

Thank you Brenda!! 1/4th scale is not too hard (You know I am joking...right :lol: ) It is a difficult scale for me right now but it was on my goals list for this year (To create and complete a 1/4th scale project) and I actually made it in just enough time :p

I am too impatiant to wait for my hands to steady :Jumpy: I think that is why it has taken me so finish. Trudi, Amy & Peggi, Look at Teresa's house! Now that is Talent and Teenie Tiny :lol:

Trudi, Amy & Peggi, Look at Teresa's house! Now that is Talent and Teenie Tiny :whistle:

Oh Tracy I have and I admired you all, also Nutti's card scenes and little houses. My hands just wouldn't coordinate with my eyes, I have enough problems working with the 1/12 :lol: