Marquam Hill Mansion

Josi

I have been largely absent on the forum lately, because I was h*** bent on getting this house done during the month of October. I almost made it. I can officially say it is complete, or as complete as I intended it to be. So I thought I would share the final picture of the MHM with you. More pictures on my picture trail site. The house has many attractive features, and has a huge interior. So many possibilities, but is way too big for me to keep. I enjoyed putting it together, it was the biggest challenge I had so far, swore at it at times (many times) but I am happy with the outcome. :woohoo:

post-318-1162921729_thumb.jpg

Josi, your MHM is beautiful! Do you have any pictures of the inside to share? What will become of it if you're not going to keep it?

Thank you Kathie. The inside is painted all white. I am selling this through the mini shop I work for and houses sell much faster when the inside is a blank canvas. Most people don't like or don't have the time to build a house, but enjoy the decorating. I am leaving the walls down, the stairs unpainted and the fireplace taped into place to give the new owner more flexibility. :woohoo:

Thank you Kathie. The inside is painted all white. I am selling this through the mini shop I work for and houses sell much faster when the inside is a blank canvas. Most people don't like or don't have the time to build a house, but enjoy the decorating. I am leaving the walls down, the stairs unpainted and the fireplace taped into place to give the new owner more flexibility. :silly:

Sounds like you have put a lot of hours into this latley and by the looks of it it sure has payed of! LOVE the exterior and the interior as a blank canvas sounds like a great idea as well. And you have a job in a mini store???? Major envy here :woohoo: but thinking of it, hmmm might be best not to do that as I am afraid that there would be NOOOOOO paycheck coming home wiht me if so LOL

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs

Thank you all for the compliments. You really made my day! After working on this house it's nice to receive favorable feedback from people who understand what goes into assembling a dollhouse. It's a bit of work, but the pleasure I receive from my accomplishment can not be measured. I love this hobby!! (can you tell?)

.........I think it'll sell pretty quickly, good time of the year to sell too!

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Thanks!

Sounds like you have put a lot of hours into this latley and by the looks of it it sure has payed of! LOVE the exterior and the interior as a blank canvas sounds like a great idea as well. And you have a job in a mini store???? Major envy here :wave: but thinking of it, hmmm might be best not to do that as I am afraid that there would be NOOOOOO paycheck coming home wiht me if so LOL

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs

Need a sign "Will work for dollhouses" :)

Josi, the house is fantastic

I have to say although green is not one of my fav colors

sometimes something comes along that even makes me smile

and that house is one of them.

it looks wonderful!

I love how the colors blend togeher to make a statement in elegance and sophistication.

it is really a lovely house!

great job!

nutti :banana:

Hi Josi ... I'll add another bouquet to those already handed to you ... :banana:

Just a thought ... I know you are selling it with the idea that the new owner will decorate, but I wonder if a bit of lace taped or wax-tacked to some of the bigger windows might soften the look and make it look more "homey" to a potential buyer. As the realtors say, right after "location, location, location," it's "presentation, presentation, presentation." Maybe even put a potted plant on the porch?

Just a thought ... I know you are selling it with the idea that the new owner will decorate, but I wonder if a bit of lace taped or wax-tacked to some of the bigger windows might soften the look and make it look more "homey" to a potential buyer. As the realtors say, right after "location, location, location," it's "presentation, presentation, presentation." Maybe even put a potted plant on the porch?

You may be right, but Kathie, I can not find the motivation to make a curtain for it. :banana: It is sitting in the shop, right next to another Marquam Hill Manse, sort of a little street of MHMs. I am counting on the Christmas season to sell it. Thanks for the suggestion.

It look absolutely Stunning!!!! :banana::) You should sell this quick! I LOVE the color combos and it really makes me look forward to building mine. When I did work for the shop in Illinois, I always left the insides white too. The shop made most of it's money decorating the insides for the customers. Customers really buy the blank Canvas quicker than a ready made which is why I was so surprised that on ebay people like finished houses.

Thanks for the eye candy!!

I think you have both hit on something! People bidding on ebay want to maximize their investment, so they're going to bid higher for a "finished" house, whereas people buying a completed house from a dh shop know they'll want to buy paint & walpaper & flooring & drapes & furniture. It's a different mind-set.