Dollhouse Furniture at Dollar Tree Today

Rowan555

Dollar Tree has some cherry wood finish dollhouse furniture. Some of it is NOT 1:!2 scale - not sure if it's 1:24 or what, but it's small. But I bought an armoire, crib, some chairs, console table, and cocktail table. I may paint it, or I may just leave it as is. Not bad for a buck each.

I went to the Dollar tree and bought several pieces also. I was worried it was too big. LOL I was hoping to get a crib but they didn't have one, I did buy a cute highchair though..

Edit: Well I just tried a few pieces in the Garfield. It's weird because some of the furniture is too small but then other pieces seem to fit just fine. I gues that's why it only costs a dollar huh!

Went to the Dollar Tree here in Little Rock and found like about 15 different styles they had on sale rack, of course I didnt buy all of it.........just eight different pieces hehehe few of the pieces I bought were about 1/12 scale.......others are smaller.

HAGD

Deborah

I found a limited assortment at our local dollar trees earlier this year - dining tables and assorted dressers mostly. Haven't been there in awhile because it seemed that they never replenished the furniture. I'll have to check it out this weekend and see if perhaps they have more in! Thanks for the heads up :thumb:

Y'know it just occurred to me that I actually furnished the lower level of my haunted house with Dollar Tree furniture and I think the upstairs chests are from there too. Weren't the best finished of pieces and fit right into the haunt. They were wood tho', so repainting would have been a breeze & I think they're great finds! :wave:

Made a trip to our local Dollar Tree today and found some new furniture pieces! I was able to get 4 sets of (2) chairs to go with the dining tables I got last time, a couple of rockers and cradles & high chairs and a few dressers that I didn't already have :lol: Definitely worth a trip at only $1 each!

Wish they would've had more chairs for the dining tables and other types of tables though.

$Tree furniture isn't all the same scale. It used to have working elements (drawers, doors, etc) but later pieces didn't. The beauty of it is that little children don't care! that it's not to scale, so when I build dhs for children to play with that's what I furnish it with.

I got to the Dollar Tree today...

I bought the cradle, the crib, a set of corner chairs, 2 rocking chairs, a high chair and a sideboard table.

Very happy... Now I am going to open and play with!

In what section of the store would you find these? I have never seen mini furniture in my Dollar Tree store. :lol:

I with you, I've never seen them in the Dollar Tree near me either. ;) And I've looked ;)

I have found the white wire (wicker look) furniture in the past, at Dollar Stores here in Canada. (Not for a year or so.) I've found some cheap wooden furniture, but not cherry finished. Can you put up some pictures of the furniture you're all talking about?

I just discovered there is a Dollar Tree within 30 miles of here, in Sedalia. We're going to lunch there tomorrow at a great Cajun restaurant, and while we're in town, I'll check out DT. I have my fingers crossed that it's one of the annointed and has a ton of furniture! :lol:

After reading this thread, I rushed right out to my $ tree. Lo and behold, there there were..hanging right next to the clothes for 12 in dolls. Some of the pieces did look a tad smaller, ie. the grand piano, but the other things fit in just right. Thanks for the fabulous tip!!!

Here is a picture of some of the things I found.

The hutch, chair by bay window and table with three chairs are the items I found. A very good deal for $1.00 each. My once bare little Orchid is so happy now. :thumb:

the drawers don't open anymore. I bought one dresser thing to see if I can boil it apart to get the drawers to work.

Melanie, I have a feeling those drawers are just drawer fronts glued onto the front of a solid wooden block...