Golden Gate View

Blondie

You'll have to let me know where to find it, and I'll look for it the next time I go. I'm so sad the museum is closing for so long, but hopefully it will be even better when it reopens! I've only been there that one time, and it wasn't enough! *drools*

You'll have to let me know where to find it, and I'll look for it the next time I go. I'm so sad the museum is closing for so long, but hopefully it will be even better when it reopens! I've only been there that one time, and it wasn't enough! *drools*

It was with other individual rooms over near the Oriental room. Who knows where it will be when the museum reopens.

I finally got Maison McColl up off the floor and onto the dining room table. This involved cleaning off the table, so it took a while. :bigwink:

The first step of building this house will be removing the siding from the wall frames. The person who built the house put the tongue/groove siding on incorrectly -- just lined it up in a flat row -- so I need to take that off and attach it to new pieces of wood for the outer siding. I haven't had time to get the wood yet, so no progress has been made. :bangin:

Before I put the siding on the new wood, I need to sand it down because the paint is rough on the tongue and groove pieces. I will be a SANDING MASTER! (trying to get excited about sanding here) :D Hahahaha. The siding will come off easily because it was just tack-glued on, so that will be nice.

I also need to cut new pieces of 1/4 inch plywood to fill in the holes on the front. The builder put siding on the bottom front, but the face of the house is supposed to have wood blocks only, so I'll make sure to create the new blocks before I start on the front. You can see what I mean here in the photos below. The siding doesn't belong there! There are wood blocks that fit into that frame if you can't tell what's going on that well. It's kind of hard to explain.

• Like 2