Downsizing - Free Dollhouses For Pick Up

Hello everyone! Unfortunately I will be having to downsize my dollhouse collections significantly because my ailing elderly father is going to be moving in with us soon. I really need to make space for him and his medical needs so I will only be keeping my Beacon Hill and Willowcrest. I want my dollhouses to go to a good home by someone who will appreciate them so I am giving them away, for free, to mini lovers. I've turned to this forum before when I have been in a mini bind and I've had nothing but success so I'm trying it again.

The ones I will be giving are:
The Harrison
The Lily
The Garfield
You can browse my gallery to see what they look like.

Someone is already interested in The Pierce and The Emerson Row but if they back out, those two will also be available. Tons of mini furniture and accessories will also be available for those who pick up a dollhouse.

Pick up only please. I am in Port Saint Lucie Florida. First come, first serve. I will update this thread as availability changes. Remember these are used dollhouses but they are in excellent shape. Message me if your interested and thank you for your help.

I won't be down your way until the All-Florida Paddlers' Rendezvous in late October, when we'll be camping at Jonathan Dickinson; I would LOVE to build a Harrison! Any chance you might want to come up for a visit? We could take you to the naval Air Museum and the USS Alabama...

• Like 1

If it had only been a couple days ago.My son has been vacationing in Orlando,and I would have been tempted to ask him to scoot down your way.But he wouldn't have time now. I"m sure whoever gets your houses will love them as much as you have! My father was permanently incapacitated for 7 years after a stroke and my mother placed him in a Veterans home,too far away to make many regular visits,for about 5 yrs.,so I very much honor you for having him close to you!Prayers and good thoughts going your way!Kat

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the support and understanding. It was a hard decision to make but it would be best for my father to be here with me. He is in Miami at the moment but my friend brought him this way a few weeks ago and we began making arrangements for him. It will be him and his dog...lol The only thing delaying the move is making the space for him first.

Thank you so much Holly for the invitation. Would love to have been able to make it but circumstances right now make it impossible. I plan to have my father here permanently by October and be his caretaker.

Wish me luck in re-housing my dollhouses!

Gina~ I believe very strongly in karma. You giving away those houses, for your Dad........something amazing will come of it all. I too have a Dad I would give away my dollhouses for. Sending happy thoughts your way and the very best to you both.

• Like 1

Wish I were closer to Florida! Bless you for taking in your father. My mother is 90 now, her health is starting to slip, and she is living with us. She tells me almost daily how happy she is here, and how thankful she is not to be in a nursing home. I don't care how good those facilities are, they are NOT "home". We invited my mother to live with us several years ago (I'm the only child) and at that time I told her that I owed her 18 years of care - as that's how long she took care of me before I left home. Then I reminded her that around age 95, when the 18 years are up, she'd better polish up that resume and go find a job. :rofl: She loves to tell people that!

• Like 7

Gina, this is such a generous offer. Best of luck finding homes...if I wasn't on the opposite side of the United States I would be honored to own one of your houses. People are more important than dollhouses and we do what we have to do. Your father is a lucky man. Hugs.

• Like 2

I can guarantee you won't regret making the decision. My mother and grandmother were with me in their final days, and I cherish the time they gave me. I'd store your houses for you if it was closer, but have to believe your sacrifice will balance out in the future.

• Like 3

Gina, I've just sent a message to my friend who lives in FL. I made him a miniature gift a couple years ago and he loves it - he also has a 9 year old granddaughter. I'll let you know if he's interested as soon as he answers me.

• Like 1

I am forever appreciative by the showing of support on this forum! This was a decision that I had spoken about with my father for quite awhile now and I was feeling very overwhelmed but everyone's posts and positive energy is making this so much easier for me especially since this has been a difficult year for me with mines and my husbands health problems as well. Thank you everyone for your interest and kind wishes.

I would just like to add my prayers for your family. Enjoy your time. About the houses, can you donate to a children's hospital like Ann does? I know you will

be rewarded, what ever you do. God bless you.

• Like 3

On his good days your daddy might like to help you with ideas for your kits, and you could build them for his entertainment and donate them, as suggested.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear you have to down size but I completely understand family comes first. I sent you a PM and I'm pretty much in your area every weekend.

• Like 1

Well, I'm certainly going to continue with minis! Everyone knows this is an addiction that can't be stopped! Once my father is settled in and I take some time to do continue working on my health (I went from weighing 268 to my now slimmer 207 - yippee! I am no longer pre-diabetic), I plan on building another Beacon Hill and Willowcrest. I already have plans for the changes I want to make to them. I might have some space for another Lily. The fun always continues!

I had thought about donating these dollhouses to charity but they are huge and I have no way to deliver them. Pick up would be a must but a lot of charities don't want to pick up such large and heavy objects. I figured I'd turn first to mini lovers that might not have been able to assemble a dollhouse themselves but still wanted one.

Depending on how many are picked up, I would have to see which charity is willing to pick up the left over ones but so far, the response has been good.

• Like 1

Gina,

Let me just say as so many others already have you're doing such a good thing -- not only for your dad but yourself as well. God bless you for it! I believe strongly in karma and believe our acts come back to us -- sometimes several fold than what we would've believed even possible let alone probable. I know I for one have so enjoyed your blog and following your builds and know those close enough to be able to help you out will be lucky indeed to own one of your houses! Wishing much luck and positive energy yours' and your fathers' way! :)

• Like 1

Well, I'm certainly going to continue with minis! Everyone knows this is an addiction that can't be stopped! Once my father is settled in and I take some time to do continue working on my health (I went from weighing 268 to my now slimmer 207 - yippee! I am no longer pre-diabetic), I plan on building another Beacon Hill and Willowcrest. I already have plans for the changes I want to make to them. I might have some space for another Lily. The fun always continues!

I had thought about donating these dollhouses to charity but they are huge and I have no way to deliver them. Pick up would be a must but a lot of charities don't want to pick up such large and heavy objects. I figured I'd turn first to mini lovers that might not have been able to assemble a dollhouse themselves but still wanted one.

Depending on how many are picked up, I would have to see which charity is willing to pick up the left over ones but so far, the response has been good.

Gina, have you contacted Ann, with Dollhouses for Kids Battling Cancer? She might have someone in your area that she contributes to, or could find out for you any special kids need a special blessing.

My friend never answered so I guess he didn't want one.

• Like 1

Very happy to have met you too Jen! Thank you for everything!

I contacted Ann yesterday but she does not have a way to pick up the dollhouses. Such a pity because I would have loved for the children to have them but in the end I was able to finally rehouse every dollhouse. I will certainly think of this forum again in the future when I rebuild the Willowcrest and Beacon Hill and need to rehouse my current ones.

So I am on to new mini adventures! I will keep perfecting my blog, collecting and building but on a much more manageable scale.

God bless!

• Like 1