Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

I submitted my entry with a lot of photos for the SF2012 & got an email confirmation earlier today that it was received. Will my photos eventually show up in the gallery for others to view? I did see a number of other SF's in the gallery and they all are so creative. I did provide my member name when I sent in my entry so that the photos could be downloaded. If anyone knows the answer please let me know. THX!

I submitted my entry with a lot of photos for the SF2012 & got an email confirmation earlier today that it was received. Will my photos eventually show up in the gallery for others to view? I did see a number of other SF's in the gallery and they all are so creative. I did provide my member name when I sent in my entry so that the photos could be downloaded. If anyone knows the answer please let me know. THX!

Susan your entry should contain the 3 photos that you want to be considered for the judging i.e. your best 3 shots. All the other pics you can upload to an album yourself. When the judging is over and the results are out, Greenleaf will create an album containing the 3 entry pictures from every entrant. Looking forward to seeing your album.

Susan, you need to have made five posts here before you'll be allowed to make an album of your pictures for the Gallery, and then you can share your pictures with us. With the quality of this year's entries, who knows how long it'll take the judges to award prizes & rankings? and the three submitted photos per entry are what show up in the "official" album after that.

I really wish the GL techs would get our PM system back up & working, if just so the new members can get Dean's welcoming message with the link to membership levels and how mini posts you need to make to open albums, make a blog, etc.

April, have you been smiling again today too - better just curb that as well.

Agree with everyone who feels a little deflated now that its all over. I've drooled through everyone's albums not once but at least twice each and wallowed in all the wonderful comments you kind people have left on mine so its time I gave myself a shake down and got on with some new minis.

Oh BTW I bet none of you spotted my windchimes did you. I made it from bottles - Ellie is a great wine drinker.

Thanks, everyone for answering my question. I didn't realize I had to have so many posts before I could create an album so thanks, Holly for explaining that. The reason I submitted more than 3 photos is because I had added so many artistic touches to the walls & windows that 3 photos just would not have captured it all. I think this is my 5th post so maybe later I can see if I can download my photos so you can see what I did!!!!!!! Dean didn't reject my note with the multiple photos so perhaps he's just going to pick 3 of the photos for the judges to view.

Since this was my 1st ever miniature, I sure learned a lot for next time. I did have a lot of trouble fitting the doors and attaching the tiny hinges. It was frustrating so I wondered does anyone have any tutorials or suggestions on how to best install doors and how to prepare them properly so they will fit in the doorway? I thought my doors were the proper size but once I tried to put on the hinges that is when I ran into trouble! It seems it would be alot easier to install doors before the walls are glued into place, right? Any help on this would sure be helpful as I have my Garfield still in the box and it has a lot of doors!!!!!!

3 photos just would not have captured it all.

Pretty sure we all thought this :)

Dean didn't reject my note with the multiple photos so perhaps he's just going to pick 3 of the photos for the judges to view.

He'll probably just use the first 3 that came through... ??

Looking forward to seeing your album!

• Like 1

Susan, you really have to sand the doors AND their openings to get them to fit properly so they'll open and close. Fitting the doors before assembly works well if you're pin-hinging. I gave up using the wee brass hinges and brads because the heads of those brads are rounded, not flat; so the hinge will always bind no matter how carefully you seat it. I use strips of chamois, but twill tape and glasene work ezually well (I describe how I hinge with chamois strips in my section of the Team Glencroft building blog, since I made all my doors and windows working ones). And while it's easier to fit the doors before assembly, unless you predecorate your walls before installing your doors I find it just as easy to install them and the windows after the build and most of the decorating are done. One of the reasons I reinforce the edges of my houses with steel staples is because I tend to flip them onto their fronts, backs, sides and roof to install windows and doors.

Holly, your knowledge is so helpful! Thank you. I will also check out the Glencroft building blog for more information. After all the trouble I had with these 2 doors, I was dreading working on all of the doors on my Garfield. THX. Oh, and I just created a member album of my SF2012 so you can see it now!!!!!!!!!!

Holly, that is a perfect description.....a "confection". I couldn't think of a better word. Glad you enjoyed looking at my photos. I had so much fun creating all of the art work. The right side of my brain was going wild!!!!!!!!

The reason I submitted more than 3 photos is because I had added so many artistic touches to the walls & windows that 3 photos just would not have captured it all.

Since this was my 1st ever miniature, I sure learned a lot for next time. I did have a lot of trouble fitting the doors and attaching the tiny hinges. It was frustrating so I wondered does anyone have any tutorials or suggestions on how to best install doors and how to prepare them properly so they will fit in the doorway? I thought my doors were the proper size but once I tried to put on the hinges that is when I ran into trouble! It seems it would be alot easier to install doors before the walls are glued into place, right? Any help on this would sure be helpful as I have my Garfield still in the box and it has a lot of doors!!!!!!

I would have liked to send in 4 or 5 BUT... :-) only sent max of 3.

I did fully prepare walls with windows and the one front door and it went great... Needed to use nail gun where I saw some flooring a tad high. Flung that front door right across the room. Yep, I tapped it just right. My half screen doors for kennel went frustratingly slow with hinges but finally got it. THEN, flung one out then the other. Thought I would never get them back together. Part way through this read a comment by Holly about strips instead but it was too late for me to refocus. Next time!!

I only have one other house going and although it's been here over 15 years my real work started about 3 years ago. The doors have pins and I like those.

To see someones albums click on the name then on gallery. That main house is in Lindas Cozy Corner.

• Like 1

You can also click on recent gallery images and they will all come up I think I counted about 24 or 25. They are all on the first two pages. Wonderful work everyone! Everyone really work hard on their builds . Thank you everyone who put such nice comments on for my house.

Just spent some more time drooling over the SF's in the gallery. Everyone did a great job. Giving some love and met my quota today. :D I haven't been able to get on here to look after my fling was done. Needed to do LOTS of cleaning in my craft area. :blahblah1: I also figured I should give my family a little attention also. :bangin: hee hee

Ok, off to look and drool some more. :tongue4:

You can also click on recent gallery images and they will all come up I think I counted about 24 or 25. They are all on the first two pages. Wonderful work everyone! Everyone really work hard on their builds . Thank you everyone who put such nice comments on for my house.

I know I know. Wanted to say what I did to let New People how to look for all albums for members.

In here to look 'more' at SF albums. can't believe the awesome work.

Ta,