Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Has anyone else had trouble submitting their design to thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com? Mine keep failing and time is running out!

Andrea have you checked the size of your pictures. I believe the optimum size for sending images by email is 800 x 600 pixels so if yours are larger than than you might want to resize them in MS Paint and try again. Good luck.

brae, ya know I expected a 'camel' as in desert scene. :groan: wonderful job you did.

Thanks, Linda! :lol: Perhaps it's an oasis. :giggle:

I've had an idea for a florist shoppe and tea room, but I already want to build that from a Brimbles someday...then the idea hit me for what I ended up building and I never turned back.

My build was a little backwards.... I KNEW WHAT I wanted to build.... but I didn't actually SEE it in the building for a little bit.... the building kept telling me, "Come on! I can SOOOOOO be that... use your imagination!" I kept fighting it and shaking my head saying.... "You are just too Mod looking to be a _____" In the end I caved and just went with it..... I am glad I did....

My build is not really anything unusual.... I didn't alter the building much.... but it works...... and I will share with you all very soon..... :)

Ok, a little "scary" question for me to ask but... Do we have until tomorrow night at midnight or do with have to have the pictures in by tonight at midnight? According to the first message it says, by Labor Day, September 3, 2012 So........ Just needing to double check this! :bangin:

Ok, a little "scary" question for me to ask but... Do we have until tomorrow night at midnight or do with have to have the pictures in by tonight at midnight? According to the first message it says, by Labor Day, September 3, 2012 So........ Just needing to double check this! :bangin:

They worded that in a way that could be taken both ways. Just to be safe I'd say by tonight at 11:59pm. Here's why: "by" vs. "on" September 3rd.

If my boss told me a presentation was due by September 3rd, I would never assume that meant due the end of the work day of the 3rd, but rather first thing in the morning he'd expect results on his desk. That said, I'd be very surprised if they rejected any submissions made on the 3rd, but would recommend playing it safe.

Pfffffff....................................... almost finished.. only a few more tiny details... Work intervened for the last three weeks, so I had a major challenge to get it finished.. Do the pictures have to be in during the day of september 3rd?? I can see no timelimit in the notes.

April - does that mean tonight before midnight? Then my interpretation was all wrong. I was planning to have the pictures ready tomorrow and I thought I had all of tomorrow as well? Now I really have stress...

April - does that mean tonight before midnight? Then my interpretation was all wrong. I was planning to have the pictures ready tomorrow and I thought I had all of tomorrow as well? Now I really have stress...

Oh my gosh, don't stress! Like I said they left that kind of open and didn't clarify, so I'd be surprised if they said they were rejecting any submitted tomorrow!

Ok, here's my two or three cents worth. Well, maybe only a penny.

Last year, the deadline was the third day of a three day weekend and it meant by midnight that third day, giving us all three days to finish. If this year is like last year, it would mean by midnight Monday. That make sense?

Morgan, that's what I was thinking, too. And I agree with April, since the rules about that part are a little vague, I can't imagine Dean wouldn't accept entries tomorrow no matter what was meant by the deadline. Of course, I am hoping this is true since I haven't gotten just the right pictures yet and it is pouring rain here. I need the extra day. :)

I just flew back from Boston where I was on vacation for a week. I arrived home hoping to find everyone published and waiting on me to join the group. :lol: Ah, well, I guess I can be patient awhile longer. I will probably take my album down in a bit to prepare it for tomorrow's reveal, so my fleeks will disappear, too.

Nobody is going to be working at Greenleaf on Labor Day (Monday), so seems to me you have tomorrow until midnight to submit. They're not likely to be checking email until Tuesday morning. But this is only my supposition, and since GL is now closed for the weekend, no way to check.

TRACY!!! Can you hear us???

So excited...I'm finished :banana:

Now I just hope my camera cooperates and gives me some good pictures!

Jo, you are a lifesaver with the checklist idea :flowers: I was able to concentrate and get everything done in much less time than I thought. Of course, I was on such a roll I forgot to take build pictures :doh:

• Like 2

Sorry everyone! It's Been a crazy few weeks here for me. I made a pot in another topic about ths earlier today, I'll post here:

Greenleaf is closed for the holiday weekend. When they open on Tuesday, if you are still getting emails being returned, feel free to contact them. The problem with mails bouncing may just be that the files are too large as mentioned above can't wait to see the eye candy this year!

It can also be that the emials need to be on loaded from the server because thy may be swamped with entries ( I'm hoping so cause I want to see more eye candy). The deadline is 11:59pm Monday which s labor day for the USA

;)