Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

I just received e-mail confirmation as well :)

I'm very happy to see that those who were working down to the last moments were able to finish and submit on time :cheer: Hooray!! It's really been loads of fun checking out all the builds. I've gotta say, I've been checking the gallery every hour or so for new albums to appear and get all giddy when a new one shows up :D

Also, as a first time flinger...I've been so flattered by all the comments/compliments about my submission, especially because they're coming from people I consider incredibly talented and creative. :cloud9:

:wub: you guys!

• Like 1

I am done!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN everyone that helped me through this. I hope Morgan and anyone else working to the end got done. :banana: I have opened up my album. Didn't put a description on them, will do that tomorrow. I love my Floating Island Resort. :D

Who do I call for Hut reservation? That is so incredibly cute. Loved your album.

• Like 1

Hey everybody! I've sent out replies to all entries, so if you haven’t received one, you need to resubmit yours today.

Absolutely amazing work!!! Everyone is looking over my shoulder today shocked at what you've done with this little house. It's going to be another impossible year to pick a winner!

A big thanks out to all of you!

Dean

Just got back from A&E. My mum is all potted up -

Thank you for your kind wishes everyone.

Jo, Sometimes they just need that professional care even though she has been with you for awhile. She can still see you. My mom had to be in nursing home after a stroke. She couldn't walk. I saw her almost every day for a long while then when I moved 30 miles away and got a job saw her a couple times a week which she wasn't really aware of. She made it to 90 1/2 I am happy to say. We had her for a very long time. The break will be good for you if that's what is to happen.

Back on track .. I think you spent the night looking at albums. I know the time difference. Was so glad to see most of the last entries albums myself.

Happy thoughts your way. ((hugs))

This was my first SF and I am having so much fun! Thanks to the Greenleaf crew for the wonderful kit and the opportunity to play among so many talented and wonderful friends (I feel a little bit sorry for the judges, tho). Everyone has done such beautiful Flings, all with such different ideas. Thanks to all for their kind comments. Jo I hope everything with your mom goes good and happy days to everyone else too. Good luck to all the Spring Flingers, you're all winners!

• Like 1

Stole the words right out of my mouth!!

I absolutely second this! Got my e-mail confirming my entry....so exciting :) Of course, now the wait begins to see who the winner is...I don't envy the judges one bit. Does anyone remember how long it took in past years? I am not being impatient, just curious. I'm sure Tracy or someone posted the answer to that already, but I might need another cup of coffee. 5:45 is not my ideal wake-up time :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I've been in and out of here all day checking for new albums and I have thoroughly enjoyed browsing through all the fab pics. I'm going to go through them again later in the week because there was so much to see I'm sure I missed a lot of the details.

Totally agree with whoever said they pity the judges - great job when you're looking through all the submitted pictures but selecting 3 and in a particular order - and these things are all subjective - what appeals to one person leaves another cold - oooh arguments.

Phoned the home up about my Mum and they said she hadn't had a very good night and was confused so we are going up there in a while and I'm going to ask her if she wants to come home where she should be. Thanks friends for your concern.

Just spent a couple of hours looking at the SF entries. Every one a winner! I'm especially pleased that many participants went into great detail about how they did special effects and included links to sources and tutorials. Looking and reading through these albums constitutes a marvelous apprenticeship. In the six or so years I've been here, I've seen a dramatic increase in creativity, craftsmanship, innovative techniques, and overall artistry and appreciate that this year's entrants had extra time to execute their inspirations.

Thanks to so many who have set the bar so high. It gives the rest of us (who didn't enter) something to shoot for!

And I, too, send condolences to those who must judge!

I think I have a flingover. I need a lil of the hair of the dog that bit me. How am I going to wait, 7 months is it?

I know huh... I feel a bit like a kid after Christmas.... you wait and wait and anticipate.... tear open all the presents... and then... sigh... it's over....

at least we still have albums full of gorgeous Spring Flings to drool over