Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

I am loving the pictures I have seen so far! Including the teases! Now am waiting for more to show up! I have been checking every few hours for more pictures to show up. lol

Thank you everyone for the great comments on my pictures!

I went to the recent everything and saw nothing :( FLANG! (that's DANG in Flinguage)

So......the attorney appointment today meant visiting my second favorite town in the world. My favorite favorite houses and architecture live there. And wow!!! We stopped at a garage sale and noticed, the basic shape of their house was the fling! What I could have done with that one. Then oh my goodness!!! There's another and it has the upper and lower three windows. No way!!! There was a third! Yep. We saw three quite different houses on one short street and the fling could be bashed into all of them. Can we do the same one again? Please? Have a winter contest? I just want to bash this kit again. Seriously...... I'd do it.

Ok folks. Tomorrow is Flingday at my house. Finish & photograph. Monday submit. Fingers crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed, t's crossed...... Like lasr year, submitting is winning. If I submit, I'm HAPPY :)

• Like 1

Hello everyone~

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! YOU all were very inspiring to me. (made me cry)

Jo, thank you so much for your inspiration especially. To make the list and check, check, check. I got a TON done yesterday, told the family I am working on this until Monday, if you need something get it yourself, put supper in the crock pot and went to work. :bigwink: Today is an all out Flingday!!!! I will be thinking of you Morgan and anyone else out there working to the end. We can do this and it will be great seeing all the different ways the kit spoke to people. Thank you again so much!!! You do not know how much it meant to me. I am not usually very emotionally down but you all raised me up!! THANK YOU!!!

• Like 4

Hello everyone~

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! YOU all were very inspiring to me. (made me cry)

Jo, thank you so much for your inspiration especially. To make the list and check, check, check. I got a TON done yesterday, told the family I am working on this until Monday, if you need something get it yourself, put supper in the crock pot and went to work. :bigwink: Today is an all out Flingday!!!! I will be thinking of you Morgan and anyone else out there working to the end. We can do this and it will be great seeing all the different ways the kit spoke to people. Thank you again so much!!! You do not know how much it meant to me. I am not usually very emotionally down but you all raised me up!! THANK YOU!!!

Yeaaay Wendy, so pleased you got your SF mojo back - good luck - will be cheering you all on to the end.

On a gloomy note, I just uploaded my SF album and I thought that this year I would put a description of what I did and who I bought things from etc against each picture - and there are a lot of pictures so its taken me quite some time. AND GUESS WHAT - I got a system error and although I can see the album and all the thumbnails I can't actually open any of the pictures. I've posted a plea for help in the technical forum but I'm not sure how long it will take to get it fixed. So I may not be able to reveal tomorrow as planned. Still everyone else will be able to so I have something to look forward to.

Must be the time for technical difficulties.... yesterday I put my photos in an online storage so I can rearrange them the way I want them seen. First thing I did was put them in an existing album. Next thing couldn't move them to a new one so there they sit.

Off I go to another spot where I put photos and same thing. Sounds like the difficulty is within my new computer and I don't have a clue what it is. I will call dell later this morning and dread that because the techs must have a law to keep us on the phone no less than an hour. I am never in the right frame of mind for this because first thing they want to do is reformat computer. NO not now.

Good luck to all struggeling at last minute and to everyone else too :-)

That's great news, Jo! :D

If any of you have been on my blog the past couple of days, you've already seen one element of my build, but I've just added it to my album. I'll have to make the album private later to do all the SF pics to be ready for the big reveal! :hidebhind:

• Like 1

What ideas for the kit did y'all have but chose not to go with once the kit arrived? I had 2- a 1940's Train Depot and an Old Western Jail...

I had none - zilch - nada in fact I could only see one thing for this build which is the obvious one that I went with. This is why I am so looking forward to seeing what everyone has come up with. I was in 2 minds whether to enter or not as I would have liked to do something that was innovative and unusual to get the motivation going but my creative juices must have run dry because I couldn't think of a single thing I wanted to do. Luna Lovegood's house, a garden centre gift shop and whatever Brae has created with her Sopwith Camel on the lawn - fabulous ideas all but sadly all passed me by. I made it into my one and only vision for it and tried to give that an interesting spin and I actually enjoyed doing it after all that.

thank you ladies :-)

brae, ya know I expected a 'camel' as in desert scene. :groan: wonderful job you did.

My idea for kit stayed the same throughout. As soon as I saw the greenhouse I knew. Is it a greenhouse? hahahahaha I don't think so!!! *snicker*

glad you got your album going Jo. After I feed birds in here and aviary I will see what else I can do. I must rearrange them and we can't do that in our gallery. Not sure if I can number them properly to put in there. oh brudder.

Has anyone else had trouble submitting their design to thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com? Mine keep failing and time is running out!

did you resize to 800x600 pixels? did you put 'I'm A winnner' in subject line?

let us know.