Greenleaf's Fourth Annual Spring Fling Contest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished the __________ today using brick printies. Got the walls assembled and am busy adding egg carton stones. Tedious, but I think I'll like the effect.

Just got in from work.

Ist thing - check forum posts and gallery

2nd thing - paint new whatsit that I built for my Spring Fling

3rd thing - eat

4th thing - try out new technique for................. the springfling .................... /......

5th thing - say hello to husband.

Lol Fling on

Forgot to add check e-mails to the list.... and guess what. I got this

You are one of the lucky winners of a ticket to Kensington Dollhouse Summer festival (14th May to 16th May), as shown in Dolls House & Miniature Scene April 2010! You also win a copy of the new DVD from Charlotte Stokoe and Darlene Stevens One to twelve scale, a documentary about the curiously charming world of the dolls house maker.

Apparently John, my husband entered on my behalf without telling me, he's already booked rail tickets and a hotel for 2 nights in London.

That will teach me to leave him until last on my list of priorities - I feel so guilty now.

:yes: B) :cheer::D

Praying for TIME to work on my SF10.

I have three major projects, SF10 being one of them, but they are all completely different areas of my life, requiring way different brain cells but all needing lots of time. They are ALL due for completion the exact same weekend !!!

Feeling extremely overwhelmed right now.

Guess I should consider getting some sleep. That might help clear the brain up a bit.

Yikes Selkie, I don't know how you are coping with 3 projects all facing the same deadline. I'll never moan again.

Good luck, I hope you manage to get everything done that you need to do. I'm sure they will all be fabulous.

I empathize with everyone fighting time. I have two major projects -- the Fling and the Garden -- but smaller items keep sliding in. On Saturday I'm going to the KC Toy & Miniature Museum with friend NJ and two ladies who are interested in building a first doll house but haven't seen the museum. What fun that will be, but it eats into mini time. And then the following weekend we're going to Chicago for my niece's graduation. Yikes!

I built the wall I needed and finished the smaller of the two buildings. It is really coming along. I played around with some accessories and I'm very pleased. Now onto the bigger building. It looks great in my mind, but aside from that it isn't moving too quickly...and I work for the next 4 days straight. There needs to be more time in the day!

Everyone sounds as if they are making some sort of progress - me too. I'm waiting for tiles for the west wing and some electricals that I need before I can move on in that area. So I've started on the east wing (doesn't it all sound grand - its not I promise you) Did a bit of painting tonight but we are going out for dinner with friends in a couple of hours time so I need to get the fingernails cleaned up yet again. I'm such a messy pup.

Got 3 yr old grandaughter staying this weekend so there will be no mini time for me - I'll be playing fairies, mermaids and princesses no doubt. Must get all the dangerous stuff put away and a bit of badly needed cleaning done tomorrow night.

Wow, everyone sounds like they are much further ahead then I am. I have got the building together but that is about it. I have not painted or anything yet. I know exactly what I want it to look like but I have not put it into action yet. I need more time in the day for this project. I hope I get mine finished in time for the GL contest. I plan on entering the HBS contest as well I just haven't decided if I am going to change for the HBS or keep the same.

Nah ... I'm sure not ahead of you.

... sounds like they are much further ahead then I am. I have got the building together but that is about it. I have not painted or anything yet.

I don't have a single thing glued together yet if that's any encouragement to you. I've had it in dry fit a thousand times at least and then back apart again. I don't even have the roofing material decided on yet.

I've been painting pieces unassembled flat so the glue marks won't show so much so most of that is done. I'll probably have touch up painting afterwards to deal with any areas that need spackle, etc.

My landscaping hasn't even begun, except in my sketchbook. I haven't gotten a board yet for the scene to sit on. It's on the "to-do" list though.

It'll be something short of a miracle if I make it on time. But, Hey, the process is a blast so who really cares about the prizes. Having the contest just pushes me to do something/anything and that's the fantastic part.

It'll be something short of a miracle if I make it on time. But, Hey, the process is a blast so who really cares about the prizes. Having the contest just pushes me to do something/anything and that's the fantastic part.

exactly!!!! its this part i enjoy the best :D

Flingy is glued together...painted...some vague idea how i'm pulling off the big twist but i'm sure when it comes down to doing it i'll be :wub:

still a thousand trims to go and the roof isnt glued on yet......then theres landscaping...accessorising....got things to make :doh: i'm far from done :throw:

One problem...i may have to change the theme :wub: it's fighting me...i put in the accessories and stuff and it says NO :rofl:

Ahh well back to the drawing board :angry:

Fling On! :D

Well done Linda, you made it have it.

Can't wait to see.

Mine's a bit apathetic, doesn't seem to mind what I do to it - just tells me to get on with it - and quick cos it wants to be tarted up a bit instead of sitting there in its bare bones. Hope the postman arrives early today.

I'm waitin' on my order from HBS (should be here Monday) - hopefully those items will motivate me to move along on this as I am at a total standstill. I have plenty I could be doing, just not doing it ...

Darn near rippin' my hair out over the ____ ____'s - there has to be an easier way, I'm just not seein' it yet! I know how I want them to look, but getting there is proving to be a BIG challenge. :rofl: I bought a BUNCH of pieces to get started, but the more I look at them, the more confused I get how to begin it.

And now the front of building is telling me I should change it and remove part of the ____ ...sure, after I've already glued it all together :throw: Maybe that is why I am ignoring it :wub:

Sorry for my ranting - I just never had this much difficulty with the last 2 Fling projects. It definitely is NOT the kit - the problem lies with the "builder" :angry: She is such a putz!

Oh well, it'll get done somehow...maybe by next year :wub:

Fling On....

Chris, why don't you drop Holly a p.m. if you are struggling with the how to's. She has offered on a number of occasions to be a mentor and sometimes that's all that is needed - the option to talk it through with someone. :wub:

My own lack of building experience means that I'm not faced with all the possibilities that seasoned builders are juggling with. Mine has always been a ........ and its staying that way. I am mulling over roofing materials though but I can't imagine major innovation - there just isn't the time - I'll be up to the wire as it is.

Postman gave me a card saying I have a package waiting from a USA miniature company which has attracted customs charges. Deep sigh but I need this stuff to move ahead with my flingy so I got the car out and drove down there straight away as they close at 1 o'clock. Callers office was crowded but eventually I paid my money and got my parcel - thinks - er kinda big this for what I ordered. Got home and they have sent the wrong order. Duplicated an order I made several months ago, so I've paid a whack of customs charges for something I already have.

Do you ever think that some things are not meant to be?

Still, its all washing over me because I finally got my tiles in this mornings post and I'm sure that the USA company I bought the other stuff from will sort it all out eventually.

Oh Chris, I'm so sorry. You do such awesome work, I know this will turn out great for you whatever you decide to do.

Jo, that stinks about the custom fees again and duplicate. *hugs*

There's a bunch of challenges this year oddly but, I know when it's done it will be as stunning as your Garf!

Fling On all!