My first chandelier

Hallowell

I decided to try and make my own chandeliers, they are pricey to buy and now that I've made one I can see why. It's a little sloppy and awkward but I can't wait to make more and get better at it. I won't use a black stamping and I'll try to use all Swarovski crystals ( the better crystals do make a huge difference in appearance. This one isn't electrified but I'll try on my upcoming chandeliers. Here's the link if you want to see it. :lol:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...q=sc&cat=49

Greg, honey, please don't fuss at me, your chandelier is just too gorgeous not to share!

gallery_1144_3786_1619438.jpg

I think painting the stamp to match the little "S" hooks is a good idea, it'll actually highlight those exquisite crystals. If the stamp has a small opening in the center, couldn't you thread a gow bulb's wire through?

:lol: Hi Holly

I had to drill hole to place the hanging post so I could easily pass wires for a bulb. The house it's going into has old wiring that may not work but I'll test them someday. I so could get addicted to making these chandeliers, it was soooo fun much to make. :yes:

Go to thrift stores and look for old 50's style earrings, the round ones that were covered in rhinestones and pearls and had clip backs. They were held together with a fine wire woven into an intricate stamp. They make great pieces for chandeliers because they have so many holes and usually lacy designs. Good way to get extra beads, too.