I'm IN LOVE again!!

ItzKathyP

Have you seen the Greenleaf laser cut Taft? I LOVE IT!! :)

While the Brimbles is adorable, I think I like the Taft even better!!!! Those little benches out front, the exterior staircase..... Wherever am I going to put all these houses I want?!

I just saw the Taft--very cute--lots of detail! I still have my old Brimbles in the box, so I won't be getting another store anytime soon--least not til I finish the one I've got!

It seems like the Taft jumped ahead of some of the other laser cut releases--any update on the Chantilly? I still have my heart set on that one.

Tappy

How can I go back to die cut houses after a laser cut?!
It's a dh kit, therefore I must build it!lol The Taft is BIG but Brimble's is the one that speaks to me, which is how it goes, for me. I couldn't believe what the Fairfield had me do to it today!

Ooh, I noticed that in the store last night right before bed, and it is SO cute! I had seen it before and it didn't grab me, it must be something with the laser cut. But, I also have a Brimbles, which hasn't spoken much yet, so I don't know what I'd do with 2 stores. I didn't realize it was bigger than Brimbles, oh my!

I'm lovin' all the new kits! Thanks Dean and Company!

I've fallen in love too!!!! Bad GL, I'm so totally wanting this kit!!! Slurp, drool, pant, palpitations... You know what happens... It's speaking to me from the picture-will have to see, how much bonus comes on my pay tommorrow!!!!! I waaaaannnnnnt it!!!

:)HUH? This is probably the stupidest question on the Forum; but tell me about Laser Cut kits? Does it mean a process whereby the pieces are cut sharper than older sets?

Are all/most new kits using laser technology?

:)HUH? This is probably the stupidest question on the Forum; but tell me about Laser Cut kits? Does it mean a process whereby the pieces are cut sharper than older sets?

Are all/most new kits using laser technology?

Basically with diecut kits the pieces are stamped into the plywood with a sharp (usually) metal die and the different dice (plural of die) have to be "in register" to avoid miscuts (I once had a Buttercup kit that the sides were offset slightly so that the right side was about 1/8"+ higher on the sheet than the left; made for some interesting adjustments on my part!lol). The laser burns the narrowest beam through the wood and for mass-production can be programmed through a computer for precise, consistant results. The initial co$t of the laser technology & equipment is hefty, but then the process is so fast it pays for itself quickly. I have no real preference, building a laser-cut kit is a lovely experience, but I enjoy all building experiences!