Bad, Bad, RGT (a rant if you will)

Merry

A good while back I was searching for a bungalow to build. Real Good Toys didn't have one. I ended up buying the Rye Bungalow which is very cute.

While I was still searching, I emailed Real Good Toys and suggested that they make a bungalow. :p "Gary" emailed me back and asked me what things in particular made a bungalow special?

I searched for various bungalow pictures and sent him many along with my describing what I liked about the architecture, etc. :lol:

Months went by and I never heard from Gary.

Not too long ago I received an email from Gary saying, "Well, now you've gone and done it! RGT now has a new bungalow!" He included pictures.

I replied, "Yea!! Do I get a discount?" (thinking he would toss me a bone or something!) :blink:

Alas, Gary is missing in action.

Do you think I should have been given a token discount, or not? Pray tell me what you think. You won't hurt my feelings! :lol:

(I put the pictures of the new bungalow in My Album, but don't buy one unless I get a discount first! :p )

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee Mary, don't hold your breath! LOL

I know. I know. I just had such high hopes.....sorta like that ant

That is really a great looking house!

It really is!

I want that bungalow!!!!!

Greenleaf..................................................................

I'm thinking I need 2 bungalows. yes. I do need 2.

That's a darned cute house !!!!! Maybe your discount is "in the mail" LOL

But, of course!! It's in the mail!

Wow, if RGT built a house based upon my request and description I would be on cloud 9 just for that.

Valerie

Hmmmm......I hadn't thought of that. I should be grateful for that alone. No. I still want a discount! :flowers:

ooh...I LOVE it! I want one! BAD!

Maybe Ernie will stock it and we can wait till bargain days!

Is Ernie the man who answers the phone at De Joux? He is always so nice and helpful.

Good plan!!

Surely, we could work something out so that everyone gets a free house. Again, I'm setting my hopes extremely high! :flowers:

You know, you can make a nice bungalow out of two Greenleaf Madisons. I found this picture once and thought I would try to duplicate it some day:

dollhousesketch.jpg

I know this is a RGT section, but I just thought I'd throw this out there for those who may not be able to afford an RGT bungalow real soon.

Hmmmm......I hadn't thought of that. I should be grateful for that alone. No. I still want a discount! :flowers:

I'm not saying they should not offer you a discount since you made the suggestion, as it would be very nice of them. But I would like to make a suggestion to them in regard to a change for the Queen Anne (which I own) and a change to the Bostonian (which I would like to own) and if they did so I would be so thrilled I would purchase another QA and a Bostonian.

OMG-that's my grandmother's house! Now that I have decided upon my Christmas present from DH, I need to find that picture someone took of her old wallpaper, and I'm ready to start. I can't remember who had the pastoral scene paper that they posted for us, but it was her dining room paper and would be perfect in that house! I think I will print off this picture to post on the fridge!

You know, you can make a nice bungalow out of two Greenleaf Madisons. I found this picture once and thought I would try to duplicate it some day:

dollhousesketch.jpg

I know this is a RGT section, but I just thought I'd throw this out there for those who may not be able to afford an RGT bungalow real soon.

That's a great bungalow you have there, and a great idea!

Ernie is the owner of HBS, miniatures.com. Charles I believe is the owner of DeJoux.

Oh, okay. Thanks!

I'm not saying they should not offer you a discount since you made the suggestion, as it would be very nice of them. But I would like to make a suggestion to them in regard to a change for the Queen Anne (which I own) and a change to the Bostonian (which I would like to own) and if they did so I would be so thrilled I would purchase another QA and a Bostonian.

Why don't you email them? Won't hurt!

Unless you get a discount, I'm not gonna buy it either!

And I want one.....

Thank you, Natalie!!! HaHa!!

OMG-that's my grandmother's house! Now that I have decided upon my Christmas present from DH, I need to find that picture someone took of her old wallpaper, and I'm ready to start. I can't remember who had the pastoral scene paper that they posted for us, but it was her dining room paper and would be perfect in that house! I think I will print off this picture to post on the fridge!

I am so thrilled that it looks like your grandmother's house! What a great house for you to build!